Can anything compete with DIVA or Repro in 2020?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Repro

audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:07 am
dellboy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am
audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am

If you like 80's sounds, then check this random sound example from youtube :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmSMU5B1k5g
I was just getting into that video and it finished.

Mind you I have clicked on "unfinished" and he has some pretty impressive stuff in there.

Can anything compete with DIVA or Repro ?

Nah.
The Unfinished is an exceptional talent! His Zebra Soundsets are also worth checking :tu:
Strange enough I do love his Zebra Soundsets (and his Omnisphere ones), his Diva and Repro ones for whatever reason do nothing for me.
rsp
sound sculptist

audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am
GRUMP wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:55 pm That´s funny. 70s/80s sounds good to me - but Diva doesn´t. It´s difficult to describe. Something about the Consistency. The "Color". The Frequency Balance. The 3D Position. You should maybe watch some Demos for Soundpacks (Luftfrum maybe), they´re mostly quiet "Post modern".

The 80s wouldn´t have been the 80s if they would´ve had the Diva - and Diva is definitely too clean. Diva. Duck Face in Pink Pantys. Our Gals were simply cute ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6en5u_PLRCE (1:35 is nice)
What is your mission? Convincing people by posting random sound examples from youtube? I dont get it :shrug:

Luftrum is a well known sound designer, but there are sound designers that are ... lets say ... more interesting :wink: (f.e. The Unfinished or Empty Vessel)

If you like 80's sounds, then check this random sound example from youtube :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmSMU5B1k5g
Showing up mental Sickness where ever it occurs.

The Rest is a Matter of Taste that you either have or don't have - just like liberal Attitudes (If you can afford them).

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 am

The Rest is a Matter of Taste that you either have or don't have - just like liberal Attitudes (If you can afford them).
What is liberal attitudes exactly? I googled but found nothing

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 am Showing up mental Sickness where ever it occurs.
Okay you got me! But please be lenient toward me :pray: Using Diva is damn hard if you're wearing a straitjacket. And the acoustic treatment in my rubber cell is also far from perfect :(

Ploki wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 am
GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 am

What is liberal attitudes exactly? I googled but found nothing
liberaces full real name. :)

zvenx wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 am Strange enough I do love his Zebra Soundsets (and his Omnisphere ones), his Diva and Repro ones for whatever reason do nothing for me.
rsp
I think, this is quite natural for a sound designer who is as versatile as The Unfinished. I didnt know that he has some Repro soundsets meanwhile :o I've listened to the sound demos ... great stuff, if you ask me.

BONES wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:06 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:38 pmGetting mad at a frog because it isn't a tree doesn't make it a turd. Your critique doesn't consider how one relates to the instrument beyond your own use case scenarios. There is more than one way to approach this art form or value its tools.
Great way to say absolutely nothing. My ears work just like everyone else's, I can hear all the same things you can and if someone was to say they prefer the sound of a Juno, then there is no argument, but when they try to suggest it actually sounds good, that's an entirely different matter.
e-crooner wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 pmWhat I don't like about Oberhausen judging from the GUI image is that it has those basic envelopes without Release stage. At the same time there is so much free space in the envelope section, just move the plugin's name somewhere else.
Release uses the decay setting. Works a treat. I don't miss yet another knob to set at all.
I do think the Juno sounds good.

The basic envelopes of the hardware were not the result of deliberation, but probably of cost saving.
Also, unlike the original monophonic SEM module, the Oberhausen is highly polyphonic, which enables different types of sounds where unlike with monophonic sounds a separate envelope release makes more sense.

audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:07 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 am Showing up mental Sickness where ever it occurs.
Okay you got me! But please be lenient toward me :pray: Using Diva is damn hard if you're wearing a straitjacket. And the acoustic treatment in my rubber cell is also far from perfect :(

through now, thank you
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:07 pm

I'd say https://youtu.be/BI5IA8assfk
and all the Best. You'll make it 🤘

PERHAPS YOU MISSED MY POST...STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD ANY MORE OFF TOPIC POST FROM ANYONE COULD BE DELETED...CLEAR ENOUGH THIS TIME?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

At this point quality across the board is beyond anything one could ever ask for IMO, especially now that you don't have to run anything through a noisy mixer. Probably better than what was available at any point in the vintage years I suppose.

I don't really fixate on max resonance quality since this is not very useful in musical terms other than a few exceptions. Mind you there are very basic oscillators you are detuning or syncing. There's just so much you can do at the end of the day.

My focus is on workflow and ease of use.

For example, I think Tranzistow has a superior sound and capabilities than Arturia Matrix 12 but I generally will use the latter for day to day stuff. I love the multimode filters and matrix.

Diva is pretty good in that sense as well but I don't own it.

It's just more fun and easy. No one will ever know or care about the resonance as long as it gets the job done.

For me Repro 5 is the most impressive VA synth overall. It sounds gorgeous, it looks good, it's simple to use, and like all u-he software it feels like a quality product that I can rely on. Others may have more features and functionality, but for me they don't quite compete with Repro 5 when all factors are taken into consideration.

But really, software sounds so good these days that workflow and general 'feel' become increasingly important factors in choosing what to use, alongside things like MPE functionality (although I personally don't care about that).

Any of the top synths will sound great. Pick the one you enjoy working with the most, no-one's going to care that another synth might have sounded 2% more realistic or 'better' in the mix.

I guess it's time to pick Oberhausen now.
MEGA Sale + $20 surprise voucher = $19.

:D

collider wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm I guess it's time to pick Oberhausen now.
MEGA Sale + $20 surprise voucher = $19.

:D
Did i say 39$ is the actual worth?
I changed my mind - 19$ is the actual worth

Softube's new model 72 sounds so good... just came out

Return to “Instruments”