Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digivolt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:52 pm Just wait for Black Friday and get Affinity Photo for half price ?
Was it -50% off in 2019 BF?
Now $50
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/#buy

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Digivolt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:52 pm Just wait for Black Friday and get Affinity Photo for half price ?
Now $50
Either 40 or 50 off, I can't remember

^^^
Then I will wait for BF.
Thanks.

Digivolt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:18 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Now $50
Either 40 or 50 off, I can't remember

BF 2018 / 2019 was 30% off - March this year I got 50% off, as part of their COVID promo.

iZotope has released the MPS 4 with Rx 8, a new reverb and some updates. Too expensive imo however. 3.1 -> 4 is $200. More than I paid for 3.1 all together

Vleker wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:50 pm iZotope has released the MPS 4 with Rx 8, a new reverb and some updates. Too expensive imo however. 3.1 -> 4 is $200. More than I paid for 3.1 all together
I really dislike Izotope's business model on upgrades. They're horrible at pushing out several paid-for updates and charging people nearly as much to upgrade as buy a suite outright. I'd like the RX8 features, but I'm going to wait on at least another full version release before upgrading MPS. I can suck up the FOMO because I can't afford to upgrade at $200 a time multiple times a year.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:00 am
Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:46 am and pop ups on your desktop that promote their latest version upgrade
I'd forgotten about those little bastards. Really annoying. The only other company that does that with me is Epic Games, but at least they give away some really good games for free on a regular basis. The Corel pop ups are solely begging bowls.
Magix does that too. Probably not a coincidence that there have been at least three Magix Humble Bundles in the last three years... they'll offer the discounts in exchange for spamming you.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 am Magix does that too. Probably not a coincidence that there have been at least three Magix Humble Bundles in the last three years... they'll offer the discounts in exchange for spamming you.
It takes less than ten seconds to unsubscribe so that's not classed as real spam, more like fake spam.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm I can suck up the FOMO because I can't afford to upgrade at $200 a time multiple times a year.
Nobody can afford that or does it that way, clearly the way with MPS - which is a phenomenal collection of software - is to be strategic and watch for sales. As I do that, I found Izotope SW to be OK value with great quality in general.

My only personal beef with MPS is that it only includes RX Standard, not Advanced.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:16 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm I can suck up the FOMO because I can't afford to upgrade at $200 a time multiple times a year.
Nobody can afford that or does it that way, clearly the way with MPS - which is a phenomenal collection of software - is to be strategic and watch for sales. As I do that, I found Izotope SW to be OK value with great quality in general.

My only personal beef with MPS is that it only includes RX Standard, not Advanced.
My beef is I have to wait, or pay a tax for upgrading out os MPS. I would like RX8, but it makes total sense to wait until another part of the bundle is upgraded then Upgrade with a sale. Otherwise I'm paying $50 more to upgrade MPS for no reason.

machinesworking wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:13 am
revvy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:16 am

My beef is I have to wait, or pay a tax for upgrading out os MPS. I would like RX8, but it makes total sense to wait until another part of the bundle is upgraded then Upgrade with a sale. Otherwise I'm paying $50 more to upgrade MPS for no reason.
Yep.

With Izotope bundles you have to accept delayed gratification with upgrades.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm
Vleker wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:50 pm iZotope has released the MPS 4 with Rx 8, a new reverb and some updates. Too expensive imo however. 3.1 -> 4 is $200. More than I paid for 3.1 all together
I really dislike Izotope's business model on upgrades. They're horrible at pushing out several paid-for updates and charging people nearly as much to upgrade as buy a suite outright. I'd like the RX8 features, but I'm going to wait on at least another full version release before upgrading MPS. I can suck up the FOMO because I can't afford to upgrade at $200 a time multiple times a year.
Yes same, I basically hate any business model where I pay more for an upgrade than for the product. If I pay $175 for the full thing I'd pay $100 max for an upgrade but I don't think that will ever happen

Tried to find out if and when a further reduced upgrade price (cheaper than 200 $) can be expected, but haven't found anything...
Opinions?

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am
Tried to find out if and when a further reduced upgrade price (cheaper than 200 $) can be expected, but haven't found anything...
Opinions?
I had MPS 2, passed on 2.1 upgrade and IIRC in a sale went MPS 2 to 3 for $149 and with the JRR Shop discount on top. You just have to bide your time.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Can you remember the NI ”summer sale” pricing - how much is the Komplete Ultimate update in these yearly sales?

Just got the offer from NI, my price for Komplete 13 Ultimate update is € 399 - it sounds much higher than the yearly summersale price.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”