P5 preset bank converter (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Any comments on this humbly awesome detective work? :)
Awesome!

I just used this converter, it's great - thanks!

I was wondering about Prophet 10 factory presets. Not that I have any, but has anyone shared them before, would they convert to Repro-5? I have an idea about the architecture of the Prophet 10 and its different modes among the two manuals, but I'm not sure how that would translate if one wanted each manual preset separately.

That would be a preset library I would buy.

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:22 pm Yo,

Here's a preset bank converter which can take MIDI SysEx or bank data in .wav audio files from a Sequential Circuits Prophet 5* and make a bunch of h2p preset for use with Repro-5.

P5ToR5Converter_2017_12_18_MacAndWin.zip

This is a little bit work in progress (beta), but our tests show that the presets converted sound pretty identical to what our Prophet-5 sounds like. Instructions are provided in a little ReadMe.

Enjoy,

- Urs

*Sequential and Prophet are trademarks of Dave Smith Instruments Inc.

Yo yourself,

Very cool and thanks!

Pity there doesn't seem to be much out there to convert

With the reissue of the Prophet 5, plus the Prophet 10, there should be a surge in new presets. Will we be able to convert these new presets or will they be a different format?

Do we know if anyone has posted converted Pro-53 presets?

abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:11 pm With the reissue of the Prophet 5, plus the Prophet 10, there should be a surge in new presets. Will we be able to convert these new presets or will they be a different format?
You gotta ask Dave Smith about that, he didn't tell us anything about it, yet.

Urs wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:47 pm
abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:11 pm With the reissue of the Prophet 5, plus the Prophet 10, there should be a surge in new presets. Will we be able to convert these new presets or will they be a different format?
You gotta ask Dave Smith about that, he didn't tell us anything about it, yet.
Thanks for the reply! But I thought Dave was helping you add all the filters to Repro-5...? :wink:

abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 pm Do we know if anyone has posted converted Pro-53 presets?
Not all Pro-53 presets can be converted because Repro-5 is missing a few features (highpass filter, envelopes triggered by LFO.

Other than that, conversion is not a simple affair because parameter scaling is wildly different between the two.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 am
abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 pm Do we know if anyone has posted converted Pro-53 presets?
Not all Pro-53 presets can be converted because Repro-5 is missing a few features (highpass filter, envelopes triggered by LFO.

Other than that, conversion is not a simple affair because parameter scaling is wildly different between the two.
Thanks for the update. Sad that Pro-53 is gone for me (I'm on a newer Mac). One reason I try not to use N-I products anymore - they dropped my 2 favorites: Pro-53 and B4.

In Gearslutz, one of the SC reps confirmed the new Prophet-5 can't read legacy patches and vice versa but someone should be able to create some kind of conversion utility. So if someone creates a Rev 4 to Rev 3 conversion utility then this converter could be used. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm
In Gearslutz, one of the SC reps confirmed the new Prophet-5 can't read legacy patches and vice versa but someone should be able to create some kind of conversion utility. So if someone creates a Rev 4 to Rev 3 conversion utility then this converter could be used. :lol:
I'm hearing some beautiful presets from the new Prophet-5 so I hope this happens!

Maybe that new filter emulation from the rev1/2 also? Apparently nobody likes the rev3 filter since all the preset demo's I've seen have the rev1/2 light lit up!

I only find videos where both filter types are used in fairly equal measure. Which videos are you referring to?

CausticPuppy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33 pm Maybe that new filter emulation from the rev1/2 also? Apparently nobody likes the rev3 filter since all the preset demo's I've seen have the rev1/2 light lit up!
I've got the Prophet-10 and I usually end up on the Rev 3 filter personally. It has a little more gain and uses slightly different envelope shapes. I just find when I think "creepy Prophet sound," which is something I like, the Rev 3 filter is the one that produces that.

Return to “u-he”