/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Region Name: 001_tighten_up

<region>
sample=001_tighten_up.wav
lokey=0 hikey=119

loop_mode=loop_continuous
loop_start=30180 loop_end=91653
pitch_keycenter=48

Does the associated wav file that is exported along with the SFZ contain the embedded loop settings that were made within Bliss? I believe that is my real question and why it would still be very beneficial for my test to have both the SFZ file and the associated wav even of just one single small sample that was setup in Bliss and exported. Thanks.
discoDSP wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:51 am Hello, this is how a Bliss SFZ looks:
<region>
sample=001_tighten_up.wav
lokey=0 hikey=119

loop_mode=loop_continuous
loop_start=30180 loop_end=91653
pitch_keycenter=48

kvrmao wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:14 pm Does the associated wav file that is exported along with the SFZ contain the embedded loop settings that were made within Bliss? I believe that is my real question and why it would still be very beneficial for my test to have both the SFZ file and the associated wav even of just one single small sample that was setup in Bliss and exported. Thanks.
Yes. I'm attaching a exported SFZ using Bliss. Loop points can be found in both the SFZ and embedded into the WAV file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kvrmao wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:16 pm
Vadimax wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm Well, after two month of everyday working with Bliss Standalone ver.1.8 (1-20 presets per day) I found pros and cons of plugin from user point of view...
Hello Vadym... Got a question if you're listening to this thread - may have already been answered but I didn't see it. I'm mostly interested in using bliss to speed up the sampling process in Ableton Live. Unfortunately the demo doesn't let me save SFZ files. My idea is to save SFZ files and convert to SF2 using Polyphone, which seems to do a good job converting except I haven't been able to test it with loop settings. Ableton Standard loads SF2 but not SFZ. As far as you know, Bliss does export loop settings within the SFZ correct? I don't suppose you'd be willing to post a single simple SFZ file saved from Bliss that has loop settings so that I could test it in my conversion to Ableton Sampler using Polyphone?
Thanks and I understand time is valuable...
Hi kvrmao,

I see you already have got an answer from discodsp. I can confirm this is working.

As for the Ableton, since I'm also using it as main DAW I found that as long as your user library is growing in size as much time Ableton needs to start. Ableton checking user library every time you start it. My decision was to use third party sampler.

And one more thing regarding Bliss, when you save Ableton project (same for Reaper project) containing Bliss the size of project file will include the Bliss program size as well (I'm talking about 100-300 Mb and more). Same with Renoise Redux. And consiquently, it needs more time to save and open the project.

Looking for the way how to save the disc space I made the conclusion that Kontakt monolith with .ncw is much more bigger in size than Bliss .zbp or Redux .xrni but when you embedding it in DAW (I checked with Ableton and Reaper) it does not clone its size in every project.

So in my opinion, Bliss is good for live performance as it is stated at discodsp website.

--
Regards,
Vadym

Vadimax wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:06 am And one more thing regarding Bliss, when you save Ableton project (same for Reaper project) containing Bliss the size of project file will include the Bliss program size as well (I'm talking about 100-300 Mb and more). Same with Renoise Redux. And consiquently, it needs more time to save and open the project.
Try disabling Options > Save Samples > Save samples in plugin state / Save samples in preset data to avoid the described behaviour.

Hi George I want to try the demo of bliss but I can find the demi restrictions.. what are the demo restrictions?

discoDSP wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 am
Vadimax wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:06 am And one more thing regarding Bliss, when you save Ableton project (same for Reaper project) containing Bliss the size of project file will include the Bliss program size as well (I'm talking about 100-300 Mb and more). Same with Renoise Redux. And consiquently, it needs more time to save and open the project.
Try disabling Options > Save Samples > Save samples in plugin state / Save samples in preset data to avoid the described behaviour.
Hi,

Thanks for the hint. It's working.

--
Regards,
Vadym

Vadimax wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:06 am Hi kvrmao, I see you already have got an answer from discodsp. I can confirm this is working.
--
Regards,
Vadym
Vadym... got to ask you - are you importing SFZ saved out of Bliss directly into Ableton Live? I have Live Standard and that doesn't seem to work. Can you tell me how you do it? Thanks.

kvrmao wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:22 am
Vadimax wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:06 am Hi kvrmao, I see you already have got an answer from discodsp. I can confirm this is working.
--
Regards,
Vadym
Vadym... got to ask you - are you importing SFZ saved out of Bliss directly into Ableton Live? I have Live Standard and that doesn't seem to work. Can you tell me how you do it? Thanks.
Hi,

Ableton's sampler can import formats as mentioned in the link below:
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... r-and-Live.

So, no doubts it is impossible to import sfz to Ableton directly.

I'm using Bliss as VST sampler inside Ableton and wrote about Ableton's time consuming to start when your User Library (including Ableton's Sampler patches) is growing in size. That is why I'm suggesting to use third party sampler to avoid Ableton's delay to start.

--
Regards,
Vadym

Vadimax wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 am Ableton's sampler can import formats as mentioned in the link below:
Vadym
Yeah... I'm afraid there are doubts. :D
That page you refer to says Ableton loads Soundfonts or SF2, not SFZ. Bliss only exports SFZ. SFZ are not Soundfonts, though there are similarities.
I know for certain now... after more research since my last post, that Ableton Live Standard does not import SFZ but Ableton Live Suite does import SFZ as well as SF2. I like your idea of Bliss working along side Ableton's Sampler.
Cheers.

kvrmao wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 am
Vadimax wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 am Ableton's sampler can import formats as mentioned in the link below:
Vadym
Yeah... I'm afraid there are doubts. :D
That page you refer to says Ableton loads SF2, not SFZ. Bliss only exports SFZ.
I know for certain now... after more research since my last post, that Ableton Live Standard does not import SFZ but Ableton Live Suite does import SFZ as well as SF2. I like the idea of Bliss working along side Ableton's Sampler.
Cheers.
Well, I'm owning Ableton Suite and for sure it is not possible to import sfz. I've just checked it.
If you check my link once more there is mentioning that these formats are valid for all versions of Ableton Live.
Cheers.

surreal wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 pm Hi George I want to try the demo of bliss but I can find the demi restrictions.. what are the demo restrictions?
I checked the manual and it says:
"Demo version has all types of file export disabled."

I don't know if it has a noise once in a while or time-out, etc.

OK OK... to be clear... for my sake and maybe anyone else who might be confused... :)
Ableton Live Standard with the addition of Sampler can import SF2 into Sampler.
Ableton Live Suite comes with Sampler and can import SF2 into Sampler.
No version, as of yet, can import SFZ, so far as I can tell. If someone has figured out a way or knows of a plugin so as to import SFZ into Sampler (not an SFZ player VSTi), please let me know.
Of course there are SFZ vsti players that will work in a variety of hosts, including Live... and there are ways to convert SFZ to SF2.
Last edited by kvrmao on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:05 am
surreal wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 pm Hi George I want to try the demo of bliss but I can find the demi restrictions.. what are the demo restrictions?
I checked the manual and it says:
"Demo version has all types of file export disabled."
I don't know if it has a noise once in a while or time-out, etc.
I can answer that real quick while I'm here... No noise. You can't save anything and it times out after about 30 minutes... maybe less. But you can load in free sample packs from the DSP website as well as import your own samples and even SFZ files, and you can test drive the VSTi sampling feature. But once it times out, you have to quit and restart, so you lose what you were working on.

kvrmao wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 am OK OK... to be clear... for my sake and maybe anyone else who might be confused... :)
Ableton Live Standard with the addition of Sampler can import SF2 into Sampler.
Ableton Live Suite comes with Sampler and can import SF2 into Sampler.
No version, as of yet, can import SFZ, so far as I can tell. If someone has figured out a way or knows of a plugin so as to import SFZ into Sampler (not an SFZ player VSTi), please let me know.
Of course there are SFZ vsti players that will work in a variety of hosts, including Live... and there are ways to convert SFZ to SF2.
Ok, regarding Ableton Sampler (sorry for offtop), I dropped files into zones area and there is possibility to sort them by key, velocity, abc or some selector and distributing them by range.

So, if you have samples containing key in their names you don't need to use sfz. Just drop batch of samples and make few mouse clicks.

Regards,
Vadym

Return to “Instruments”