Blue Cat's PatchWork, MB-7 Mixer And Late Replies Free Update

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Late Replies MB-7 Mixer PatchWork

Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.43, MB-7 Mixer 3.33 and Late Replies 1.42 are here!

These new versions bring many improvements and fixes, it is definitely recommended!

As usual, download the update from the same location as the original full version (link received by email). Re-introduction offers are available to new customers (up to 23% off) until November 5th, don't miss them! And if you are an existing Blue Cat Audio customer, you should receive even better deals by email shortly.

Read the full PatchWork, MB-7 Mixer and Late Replies update announcement.

Cool!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Man I wish MB-7 would offer a linear phase mode. I'd instantly buy and use it for so many things. But in parallel processing as well as m/s or so, this just doesn't work. I'm currently building workarounds with other plugins, but it's not as convinient as it would be with MB-7!

Sam-U wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:29 pm Man I wish MB-7 would offer a linear phase mode. I'd instantly buy and use it for so many things. But in parallel processing as well as m/s or so, this just doesn't work. I'm currently building workarounds with other plugins, but it's not as convinient as it would be with MB-7!
That's indeed in our todo list, but it's not as simple as it seems due to the nature of the plug-in, with third party effects support etc.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:35 pm
Sam-U wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:29 pm Man I wish MB-7 would offer a linear phase mode. I'd instantly buy and use it for so many things. But in parallel processing as well as m/s or so, this just doesn't work. I'm currently building workarounds with other plugins, but it's not as convinient as it would be with MB-7!
That's indeed in our todo list, but it's not as simple as it seems due to the nature of the plug-in, with third party effects support etc.
I see... But still nice to hear! Count me in when it's ready. Already a satisfied customer with Patchwork and such :)

Still having these exact same issues with PatchWork.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=553157&sid=16c819a ... 7bfcb32f62

I updated to Patchwork 2.43 and now finds it crashes in AU Validation Tool in Logic Pro X (Mac OSX Catalina v 10.15.7. This tools runs at Logic Boot.

I tried a reset and rescan but with same result.

Attached Screengrab.

Anyone else using Logic and Catalina seen this?

Thanks
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can you maybe post a copy of the auval report (if you force rescan it should open a window where you can see the report). Do you maybe have some third party plug-in in your default preset?

Bit tied up at the moment, but will post back when I get the opportunity to check both points.

Thanks
David

Thanks! Just to let you know, we do not have the issue here.

Based on your response. Took the following action

1: Opened Standalone Patchwork v2.43 and examined current loaded default.
This had 3 plugs 1 Waves 2 IKM. Cleared all plugs and saved default.

2: Re opened Logic and re ran the AUVALTOOL on the 3 BC patchwork plugs showing as crashed in plugin manager. This time all passed the validation.

I tested the plugs individually and the only one crashing it used a waveshell. This was confirmed with testing different plugs using the waveshell and all had same issue if used in the Patchwork default preset.

Thinking about this it appears its possibly linked to the timing of the validation scanning sequence for patchwork and the waveshell (v9.3) . If the Patchwork scan is first and includes the plugs contained in its default preset which themselves can't be validated until the Waveshell passes its validation then the crash occurs.

I also had a separate Logic warning which popped up which referenced the Waveshell
But as all the relevant plugs showed as passing the validation in the plugin manager in Logic I assumed it was a glitch. Clearly not as it was actually pointing me at the issue with the plug in the default patchwork preset.

To fully prove I would need to force Patchwork to be the last plugin scanned (as I'm assuming AUVALTOOL uses an alphabetical order to scan the plugs)

Given Logic runs AUVALTOOL on every boot this sequence would continue until I removed the plugin from the default chain.

Thanks for the pointer, I post my observations above as they may help others troubleshooting issues.

Cheers
David

I think once the plug-in is validated you can re-enable the default PatchWork preset with third party plug-ins: once validated, a plug-in should not be scanned by auval unless its date changes.

Thanks for that, I’ll do some more testing. As they say It’s good to talk.

David

Any hope of being able to "Name" or create an "Alias" for Param knobs in Patchwork? Or just add some space below each mapped parameter knob to display the parameter name from the plugin?

I can never remember what knob is what from old sessions so naming would be a big improvement here. I know it displays up top but you have to hover over a control to see it. Names would mean so much more than the ever-present numbers.

Still love Patchwork though. Great plugin.

Yes, that's indeed high on the todo list (everything related to parameters mapping). However Apple has made developers life a bit tough this year (since Catalina actually)!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”