DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

skwaer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:06 am
Take a look in the Bitwig Settings -> Shortcuts. They are the same.
Ah, got it thank you! That makes sense.

So is the browser's 'Star' button not available? I looked at the API and it doesn't look like it, but I haven't messed around in Java in ages. Thank you again!
I am afraid this feature is not available.

Hi Jurgen,

You replied to my youtube question today. Attached you can find the print screen of my settings and midi error. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Kind regards,
Damir
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dholjevac wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm Hi Jurgen,

You replied to my youtube question today. Attached you can find the print screen of my settings and midi error. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Kind regards,
Damir
Thanks. Can you please post the full error from the JavaScript console? To open it:
1) Click the double arrow icon on the right bottom
2) In the right hand pane click on "Show Control Script Console"
3) In the console window select the script on the left
4) Copy the red text on the right

What OS is that? Ubuntu?

Below is the red text, that copied over, while pushing on some pads. I have a Windows 10 Pro version.
It is like Bitwig does not follow the script and does not interact with the launchpad at all . For example the possibility to launch a clip or select a clip will not function. Or the many possibilities that you show in your YouTube tutorial with the Mk3 pro , I don't have this in my situation. The launchpad only works in standalone mode. What I mean with this, I insert an instrument in bitwig and if I push on a pad, I hear sound and I can run a sequencer only from the launchpad.

Called init()
Firmware version: 385
Running.
Midi Note on 60 should be handled in framework...
Midi Note off 60 should be handled in framework...
Midi Note on 70 should be handled in framework...
Midi Note off 70 should be handled in framework...

dholjevac wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 pm Below is the red text, that copied over, while pushing on some pads. I have a Windows 10 Pro version.
It is like Bitwig does not follow the script and does not interact with the launchpad at all . For example the possibility to launch a clip or select a clip will not function. Or the many possibilities that you show in your YouTube tutorial with the Mk3 pro , I don't have this in my situation. The launchpad only works in standalone mode. What I mean with this, I insert an instrument in bitwig and if I push on a pad, I hear sound and I can run a sequencer only from the launchpad.

Called init()
Firmware version: 385
You have not installed the latest Firmware. The latest Firmware outputs 464.

yes, now it is working. I appreciate your help. your script is great. thanks a lot. you play an important role in the bitwig community.

Kind regards,
Damir

Hi Jurgen,

Me again. Never really got the Launchpad Pro Mk3 working, but had to take a break to finish my PhD.

Now I'm back, have the latest firmware installed, am using the latest download from your website.

Note mode works great, can switch between tracks, etc.

However, none of the sequencer modes seem to be working for whatever reason? Some pads light up (the ones to do with notes) but the actual sequencer pads don't appear to work?

It works just fine without DrivenByMoss installed.

Here's a video of what exactly is happening:

imgur.com/a/5Dctx2h

brunobeltran wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:53 pm Hi Jurgen,

Me again. Never really got the Launchpad Pro Mk3 working, but had to take a break to finish my PhD.

Now I'm back, have the latest firmware installed, am using the latest download from your website.

Note mode works great, can switch between tracks, etc.

However, none of the sequencer modes seem to be working for whatever reason? Some pads light up (the ones to do with notes) but the actual sequencer pads don't appear to work?

It works just fine without DrivenByMoss installed.

Here's a video of what exactly is happening:

imgur.com/a/5Dctx2h
The sequencers only work if you have a MIDI clip selected in Bitwig.

Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.

Thanks!!

proteus-ix wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.
Akai is pretty married to Ableton but I can check if something is possible. Yes, Maschine Jam is dead as confirmed by NI.

Hi Jürgen,
I really liked that you have implemented the lightguide on the Novation SL MK3, but does it make sense how it's been implemented? I don't think so. My thoughts on this:

1. Does it make sense that the "Root" note is highlighted in the color of the selected track? I think it would be better to illuminate ALL keys in the color of the track. Another reason for this ist that the lightguid doesn't follow any scale settings at all. So highlighting the C of every octave just confuses a lot!

2. In the same direction of the point above: Why are the black keys not highlighted like the white keys? it also confuses a lot, so you think there is always a transposition to c major happening.

So I think it would be great just to illuminate EVERY key on the SL MK3 in the color of the selected track, so you know on wich track you are in your BWS project. If it's not possible to reflect any scaling (from DAW or the SLMK3's side) to the keys there is no reason to color any key different from the track color, it just confuses.

Best regards
Andreas

AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm Hi Jürgen,
I really liked that you have implemented the lightguide on the Novation SL MK3, but does it make sense how it's been implemented? I don't think so. My thoughts on this:
I guess you did not notice that you can set the scale and root key in the document settings. The light guide will then change accordingly.
DocumentSettings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi for the fire is there a way to incorporate knob speed adjustment? Currently the knob movement to change parameters is a little sluggish but I realize some may prefer it that way. So im thinking if there was a new setting to adjust the response.

I I noticed that on the fire in the channel mode when selecting individual drum parts of a kit, that the third knob which controls how much send effect on each part of the kit (not the whole drums) only works on the first 4 slots C1-Eb2 in the kit. I went up a page to E1-G2 raange (the next four) and the option is not available.

melodyz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:13 pm Hi for the fire is there a way to incorporate knob speed adjustment? Currently the knob movement to change parameters is a little sluggish but I realize some may prefer it that way. So im thinking if there was a new setting to adjust the response.
Just about to come :-)

Return to “Controller Scripting”