DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hey there!

Just installed this for use with the SL mkii.

I'm getting a strange issue with my sustain pedal.

When I press the sustain pedal, play a note, release the note, and release the sustain pedal, the note continues to be sustained. The only way to cancel the note is to play it again without pressing the sustain pedal. When I press the note, press the sustain pedal, release the sustain pedal, then release the note, the note stops correctly.

Is this a bug or some kind of problem with my setup?

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be a bug in serum, since it works fine with other synths. May just be that I need to update.
Edit2: Updating didn't help, bummer. Since it works in ableton, maybe it is a problem with this script?
Edit3: Disabling MPE in serum fixed this for me.

In MPE all notes are sent on a different Midi channel except channel 1. Sustain has to be sent to all voices and therefore needs to use channel 1. (Assuming channel 1 is the common channel...)
As the SL mkII isn‘t MPE capable and Live isn‘t either, it explains easily your experience...

moss wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 pm
AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm Now I'm knowing where to setup the scale for my Keyboard I'm missing one stupid scale: chromatic
Is it a pain in the ass to implement it, would be a nice default setting I think. I would really love it, maybe other ones too. :-)
So, you like Christmas trees? :-)
Didn't think someone would need this. Is there a real use-case?
AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm Btw. is there a way to give you a little donation via PayPal?
No need to.
Yes, there is a use case for me. One is to know that I'm in chromatic mode, the other is that I like to have my keybed illuminated in dark situations so I don't need extra light sources. And yes I like Christmas trees. :-)

Would be really great to have I think, somewhat like the inkey/chromatic setting in the push.

Hi Jürgen,
the stupid SLMK3 user again. Looks like the left "Down" button doesn't work anymore (BWS 3.2.8 & 3.3 beta 1, DrivenByMoss 10.7.4), or am I wrong?

https://youtu.be/FiM-4G7uDCs

Many thanks for implementing the select clip functionality for the Launchpads. I noticed a bug when one of the modes (record arm, track select etc.) is active. The rows are basically offset by -1 (selecting clip4 selects clip3) probably due to the added line at the bottom row. It gives an "Index -1 out of bounds for length 8" error when selecting the clip in row 1 while any mode is active.

I'm susing BWS 3.2.8 with DrivenByMoss 10.7.4 & Launchpad Pro

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi Guys,
I was just about to try whether my two controllers (Push 1 and Launchpad Pro) work with Bitwig and Ubuntu! I downloaded the appropriate DrivenbyMoss extension and installed it on my laptop according to the instructions! The controllers are recognized by the DAW, but I can't control them? Does someone have experience with such problems and can perhaps help me?

KDE Neon with Ubuntu Studio Backports
Bitwig 3.0.3 with DrivenbyMoss 7.60

Imagelink: https://ibb.co/fYhdzd9 (https://ibb.co/fYhdzd9)

AFranke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:44 am Yes, there is a use case for me. One is to know that I'm in chromatic mode, the other is that I like to have my keybed illuminated in dark situations so I don't need extra light sources. And yes I like Christmas trees. :-)
Did you notice that the keyboard is always chromatic? :D
Maybe I can light the out-of-scale keys a bit...

AFranke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 am Hi Jürgen,
the stupid SLMK3 user again. Looks like the left "Down" button doesn't work anymore (BWS 3.2.8 & 3.3 beta 1, DrivenByMoss 10.7.4), or am I wrong?
Thanks, just fixed it!

misteraudio wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 am Many thanks for implementing the select clip functionality for the Launchpads. I noticed a bug when one of the modes (record arm, track select etc.) is active. The rows are basically offset by -1 (selecting clip4 selects clip3) probably due to the added line at the bottom row. It gives an "Index -1 out of bounds for length 8" error when selecting the clip in row 1 while any mode is active.

I'm susing BWS 3.2.8 with DrivenByMoss 10.7.4 & Launchpad Pro
I cannot reproduce that. Can you please write step-by-step what you are doing? Is this the Pro Mk 1?

moss wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:29 pm I cannot reproduce that. Can you please write step-by-step what you are doing? Is this the Pro Mk 1?
Yes, the first Pro mk1.

Clip of the Problem: https://streamable.com/0qvi35
Step by step:
1 - opened a new project / inserted a few clips
2 - entered session view
3 - selecting clips works normal
4 - activate bottom row modes (rec arm)
5 - selecting clips now with the bottom row active (rec arm) selects the wrong clip
6 - for example pressing long on clip/slot2 selects the 1st one & selecting clip/slot 1 crashes the extension with the mentioned error (also in the video).

moss wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm
AFranke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:44 am Yes, there is a use case for me. One is to know that I'm in chromatic mode, the other is that I like to have my keybed illuminated in dark situations so I don't need extra light sources. And yes I like Christmas trees. :-)
Did you notice that the keyboard is always chromatic? :D
Maybe I can light the out-of-scale keys a bit...
Yes in noticed that. :-) But not if you set up the hardware side scale mode to the same as the Projects scale mode, that's what I'm doing all the time as a workaround. ;-)

misteraudio wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:35 am Step by step:
1 - opened a new project / inserted a few clips
2 - entered session view
3 - selecting clips works normal
4 - activate bottom row modes (rec arm)
5 - selecting clips now with the bottom row active (rec arm) selects the wrong clip
6 - for example pressing long on clip/slot2 selects the 1st one & selecting clip/slot 1 crashes the extension with the mentioned error (also in the video).
Ah, you did a long press! Will be fixed in the next update.

Hi! Thanks for all the hard work.

- I have the same issue on the SLMK3 that the down button does not work (but understood that it will be fixed in next update)

- Light Guide is really nice. So I have to select the hardware scale on the MK3 and the match the settings in the Bitwig controller section? This is a bit confusing. Would it be possible to have the scales implemented in Bitwig (Like the Launchpad) and not using the hardware scales?

- I also noticed the drumpads are now also lighting up (selected, muted etc) on the Launchpad and the SLMK3 using drummachine device. However on the Launchpad when I press a pad, it plays and also auto SELECTS that pad in Bitwig Drummachine.
This does not happen with the SLMK3, however this would be really usefull as you can then also see the parameters of that pad/sampler directly on the SLMK3 screens. Currently I have to manually mouseclick the pad in the Drum Maschine to see the matching settings on the SLMK3 screen.
Note + "Select pad" command in the script, or alternative maybe SHIFT Pad?

moss wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:33 pm Ah, you did a long press! Will be fixed in the next update. 
Many thanks :)

Btw, where did the "Stop All Clips" go on the Pro Mk1? It used to be Shift+StopClip which now brings me into the swing menu. "Stop All Clips" according to the documentation is now Shift+Solo (Launchpad X right column 2nd last button from top) which are the Scene buttons on the Mk1 and the equal button doesn't stop all clips. The Shift+Solo on Mk1 enables/disables metronome.

Edit: Had a look again it's actually 2nd last column (not the scene buttons) but that red "Stop all clips" pad seems to be missing on the Pro mk1.

djpremacy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:19 pm - I also noticed the drumpads are now also lighting up (selected, muted etc) on the Launchpad and the SLMK3 using drummachine device. However on the Launchpad when I press a pad, it plays and also auto SELECTS that pad in Bitwig Drummachine.
This does not happen with the SLMK3, however this would be really usefull as you can then also see the parameters of that pad/sampler directly on the SLMK3 screens. Currently I have to manually mouseclick the pad in the Drum Maschine to see the matching settings on the SLMK3 screen.
Note + "Select pad" command in the script, or alternative maybe SHIFT Pad?
There is still an issue with accessing the light guide when addressing the octave. Until Novation improves this (not sure if this will happen), I cannot implement this.

Return to “Controller Scripting”