Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm Might be a silly question, but let me ask:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundF ... stallation

Does this mean all the free MDrummer content will work with the free MSoundFactoryPlayer? If so and it's worth it, I would download it, because I have an unlimited data broadband connection. ;)
Someone tried this on another forum and couldn't get it to work, just would not let them use the drum files, even though it says it should work

paolostylo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:25 pm Even though there are a lot of people complaining about waves,
they have some great plugins that are old but sounding really good, you have to admit that... :wink:
And because most of them are older, they have almost no bugs.
Ok, sometimes they renew the GUIs like some of the Renaissance stuff in the past, but who cares...
And their price and sales policy is also strange, we all know that...
The really best development since the last 2-3 years is the now resizable GUI. (Finally!)
But I doubt that this will be a reason for all to switch to V12 when you are happy with V10 or V11...
The sound of the plugins didn't change for years and that's the most important thing (for me)... ;-)

PS: but I agree with all of you: WUP is a crap and only a thing to generate extra cash...
That's why I don't get angry about it anymore. I still don't like their licensing but they make good products. Meanwhile I'm a fan of Melda since I never have to pay for upgrades.

markrs wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm Might be a silly question, but let me ask:

Does this mean all the free MDrummer content will work with the free MSoundFactoryPlayer? If so and it's worth it, I would download it, because I have an unlimited data broadband connection. ;)
Someone tried this on another forum and couldn't get it to work, just would not let them use the drum files, even though it says it should work
I've DL it, and installed it. Although I am still on full MSoundFactory (trial version) - I can use only the 'msamples' - meaning MSoundFactory Essentials and Monastery Grand. It seems that MD uses other format - at least the extension is different: it's 'msamples' for Grand, but 'mdmultisample' for MDrummer kits samples?

So - it seems it can work in MSoundFactory (even Player) but perhaps you need to have MDrummer installed so Factory can "read" the samples...

These should work but I haven't had the chance to try them yet
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundF ... nstruments

Jamstix is also buggy. I've had issues with it in Reaper and Studio One. It has a lot of potential. Unfortunately the developer doesn't see the benefit in providing a good tutorial.

monomox wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:22 pm Jamstix is also buggy. I've had issues with it in Reaper and Studio One. It has a lot of potential. Unfortunately the developer doesn't see the benefit in providing a good tutorial.
There are tutorials on Youtube though. But I agree the Jamstix UI and workflow is a bit peculiar. They don't follow any standard conventions.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Vleker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm Waves just released V12 to force people into getting a new WUP. How long did it take to go from 10 to 11? I feel like 11 just released. Anyway, stuff is resizable now.
If your old plugins still work they are not forcing you to do anything.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:01 pm If it's an unlimited data connection and not too slow then I'd download it on the offchance. It took me about 3 hours and was throttled at their end (I'm on a 350 Mb/s connection) so should have taken less than half an hour.
Yeah, thanks. Mine is 100 Mbps, so decent enough. However, I am not much interested in the Drum Empire 2020 if it only contains acoustic drums. Just not worth the hard drive space and time, already have tons of acoustic drums. That said, I am going to download from the smallest of the packs and see if they work.

danijell wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:16 pm
markrs wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 pm

I've DL it, and installed it. Although I am still on full MSoundFactory (trial version) - I can use only the 'msamples' - meaning MSoundFactory Essentials and Monastery Grand. It seems that MD uses other format - at least the extension is different: it's 'msamples' for Grand, but 'mdmultisample' for MDrummer kits samples?

So - it seems it can work in MSoundFactory (even Player) but perhaps you need to have MDrummer installed so Factory can "read" the samples...
Project wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:10 pm These should work but I haven't had the chance to try them yet
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundF ... nstruments

Thanks guys. Looks a bit tricky. I am going to give it a try with the smallest packs today. :tu:

ATS wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 am
Vleker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm Waves just released V12 to force people into getting a new WUP. How long did it take to go from 10 to 11? I feel like 11 just released. Anyway, stuff is resizable now.
Yes PC users never get forced to do anything. I have Waves V9 ,10 and 11 running no problems for ten years.

The thing is; any enterprising Waves Whiner knows an anti Waves posts guarantees supportive responses from other folks who dont know what theyre talking about as well.

Here we go again..a bargain forum for people who make music, downgrades posts about presets and sounds ( the very things that make music) yet gives endless support for folks denigrating quality plugs and vst's for making music.

Are all of y'all actually making music?

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am
Yes PC users never get forced to do anything. I have Waves V9 ,10 and 11 running no problems for ten years.

The thing is; any enterprising Waves Whiner knows an anti Waves posts guarantees supportive responses from other folks who dont know what theyre talking about as well.

Here we go again..a bargain forum for people who make music, downgrades posts about presets and sounds ( the very things that make music) yet gives endless support for folks denigrating quality plugs and vst's for making music.

Are all of y'all actually making music?
I dont agree with your comment that people post here to get supportive responses, the community has been quite good and balanced in giving info when a question comes up. Waves just dropped an underwhelming V12 update and its actually been a series of under achieving V releases tied to the controversial WUP, so people are commenting on it. It hasn't gotten out of control here, I dont see why it cant be mentioned as a warning or heads up for others?

I do agree that as a PC user I havent had to worry about WUP at all. That V12 release is getting piled on by everyone for its lack of effort with the resizing (stretching not redesigned or 'repixelated' is coming off by and large as lazy and soulless)

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am
Waves 11 came out in October 2019, Waves 10 came out in June 2018. Waves 9 came out in 2012 (though at that point they were under a different upgrade regime).

I suspect it's unlikely that you had any of them running for 10 years.

v12 is mainly for macOS Big Sur users. They have no other choice.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

fine now-remove

+1 on Nomad Factory Blue Tubes effects collection sale for only $29 (listed on no chat board). I've had these for over a decade and I still use them all the time. Highly recommended for this price.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”