New Linux builds, updated to rev. 9775

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subarumannen wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 pm Is there any progress in making ZebraHZ and Repro run on current distributions ?
Of course, Repro and ZebraHZ will get the fix as well.
Currently, everything is still slowed down due to the new normal.
Additionally, Alex, our Linux developer doesn't have much time at the moment, we hope he will have more time to fix and improve things in the coming months.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:36 am
Subarumannen wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 pm Is there any progress in making ZebraHZ and Repro run on current distributions ?
Of course, Repro and ZebraHZ will get the fix as well.
Currently, everything is still slowed down due to the new normal.
Additionally, Alex, our Linux developer doesn't have much time at the moment, we hope he will have more time to fix and improve things in the coming months.
Ok, thanks for the answer. Personally I do not participate in the "new normal" but I understand that not everyone can make their own decisions on the matter. I hope this will get some attention regardless of the "pandemic"

Best regards, Anders

Thanks so much! I have never seen such a thing (an external vsti breaking JS effects), but I hope it can be easy to tackle, since Podolski is wonderful.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 amSounds very weird indeed, I'll make a ticket in the database, so Alex can have a look at it.
I'm sorry, I meant to reply to tasmaniandevil. I can't find the delete option for the previous thread...

I started to work on this last night and found myself installing debugging tools for Flatpak, etc.; I gave up ultimately. Sorry.

I can surely replicate the problem though. In fact, I got 100% crash of Ardour6 every time I initialized ZHZ, or Repro.

By the way, Ardour6 is impressive! I really should reinspect it.

There is no need to investigate this one special case with Ardour 6. We already fixed the problem in most of the plugins posted here.
Due to circumstances, we simply could not post those updates for Repro and ZebraHZ yet.

@tasmaniandevil
Are there any work being done to make Linux binaries for the very anticipated Uhbik 2.0 suite as well ?

Subarumannen wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am Are there any work being done to make Linux binaries for the very anticipated Uhbik 2.0 suite as well ?
Uhbik is being worked on the whole time.
We currently cannot estimate when the next Uhbik 2 beta will arrive.
If this next beta then already includes Linux versions will depend on how much Linux specific issues we will have and how much time Alex can spend on fixing those.
As you might know, he is doing all the Linux porting and fixing in his spare time.
So it's really hard to say in advance when the Linux version will be available.

Subarumannen wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:00 pmOk, thanks for the answer. Personally I do not participate in the "new normal" but I understand that not everyone can make their own decisions on the matter. I hope this will get some attention regardless of the "pandemic"
Participating in slowing down the pandemic is making your own decision on the matter, too.

Wishing the u-he folks all the best with this, and thank you for carrying on even in the current situation. Knowing that Alex is doing the Linux porting in his spare time makes it more humbling, still. Personally, I only just this summer jumped into building a Linux audio system for myself, and having all the u-he builds work this well natively is a really big deal for the whole ecosystem imo. So thank you.

we have a forum called hpc for such topics and there is a covid thread for that...this is not the right place for this.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 pm we have a forum called hpc for such topics and there is a covid thread for that...this is not the right place for this.
I first searched 'hpc', yields nothing, then I found out it's actually 'Hyde Park Corner', which was already mentioned here as 'Hyde Park' which could be a lot of things, maybe some part of some local reference/folklore. I nevertheless found the KVR section relating to this.

One more reason to not 'drop' a quick statement in other sections like Guenon did here, then reporting any replies. That do not agrees, of course. Lame.

Anyways it's nice to see that there can be a discussion about this subject on KVR.

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:29 pmOne more reason to not 'drop' a quick statement in other sections like Guenon did here, then reporting any replies. That do not agrees, of course. Lame.
I reported all replies, also the ones agreeing with the current research on the topic, including my own. Again, your "creative, enlightened views" on ongoing scientific research, where they do not belong, only lead to meaningless bickering among laymen who intensely believe in the reality they wish to construct. It happens in a multitude of topics, and it's not constructive or genuinely critical of anything.

The initial statements were about u-he going the extra mile even in the ongoing situation. Hink, feel free to delete those mentions of the disease as well, if this is all they generate. Reported again, also my own message.

Great to see that the work is still ongoing! I'm mostly purely into Bitwig and no plugins these days, but I still have my old ACE license, and want to try out Satin a bit for what it could maybe do... Anyway great to have these available for us Linux people :)

EDIT: I was not aware that the builds in this forum are newer than the ones on the U-he homepage download page. Everything is working now, except Uhbik, for which there is no 9775 build available. (Sorry for the confusion)

EDIT 2: And now I have realized that there are also VST versions of Uhbik that Reaper just didn't find at first but that do work :dog:

Hello everyone,

first of all, I'm very new to using audio software on Linux, so please be patient with me. (And thanks a lot to U-He for providing Linux versionf of the plugins!)

I've installed the plugins (builds from the download site at the U-he page) with the official install scripts to use with Reaper under Arch Linux with i3wm. Some of the plugins work, some immediatly crash Reaper when trying to load them, Reaper giving me a "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". I have Jack 2 running, but same thing happens when the Jack server is shut down. Here's a list of the plugins:

Working:
VST: Colour Copy
VST, VST3: Presswerk
VST: Twangström
VSTi: Diva
VSTi, VST3i: Hive

Crashing:
VST3: Colour Copy
VST3: Twangström
VST3i: Diva
VST3: (any of the UHBIKs)

(Other plugins I haven't tried.)

Would be wonderful to get some advice! Except Uhbik, all the plugins work in at least one version, but it would be nice to have Uhbik running too. And, in general, understand what might be causing problems here.
Last edited by flechtwerk on Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Addendum to my last comment:

I installed Bitwig Studio, all the plugins seem to work there (including the VST3 versions of Uhbik). It's a Reaper problem obviously. I will try to find help there in the relevant forums.

Return to “u-he Linux support”