Waves V12 is here, now with resizable GUIs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Plugin Collection

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 pm Ok, I assume resizable GUI's are not a feature then.

See, I don't want to defend Waves, I just think this eternal lament about everything Waves does, by the always same people is purely political. And pretty spoiled brat style.

For the love of god, those people should keep their wallet holstered, and stop playing the crybaby. It's ridiculous.
No, resizable GUI is not a feature in 2020, its basic housekeeping.
So people aren't allowed to complain about shoddy business practices because it... annoys you?

Ironically, this is the consequence of their business model.
Super-cheap always on sale for 90% plugins (looking at you PA).
It's not free. it comes with a cost, always.

That's why I rather pay consistent developers such as Voxengo, FabFilter, U-he, (Softube -ymmv).

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:09 am
jens wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:57 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm I guess IK plugins also don't look good when maximized. Guess it's the same thing here?
What makes you think so? Pretty sure TR5 is all vectorized... what else of their stuff is resizeable? Amplitube isn't.
I should have been more precise, I meant to say T-RackS plugins. Anyway, I am not into IK, so sorry for not being clear and for probably being wrong with my observation.
TR5 = T-RackS version 5 (the first - and so far only - version of it that is resizeable)

Claim fully debunked then. :D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:09 am
jens wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:57 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm I guess IK plugins also don't look good when maximized. Guess it's the same thing here?
What makes you think so? Pretty sure TR5 is all vectorized... what else of their stuff is resizeable? Amplitube isn't.
I should have been more precise, I meant to say T-RackS plugins. Anyway, I am not into IK, so sorry for not being clear and for probably being wrong with my observation.
TR5 = T-RackS version 5 (the first - and so far only - version of it that is resizeable)

Claim fully debunked then. :D
Hey, looks like there is some confusion. I was pointing to my original comment (now deleted) when I said T-RackS plugins. I definitely understand short-form terminology enough to understand TR5 = T-RackS. You did not debunk anything, I understood about the TR5 GUI thing before your comment anyway. :D

Let's talk about Waves GUI, shall we? ;)

Their updates have definitely come a long way:

Here's IR1 in 2004:

And here's IR1 in 2020:

Completely unrecognisable ;)
Last edited by mcbpete on Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:08 am Their updates have definitely come along way:

Here's IR1 in 2004:

And here's IR1 in 2020:

Completely unrecognisable ;)
Ah, but you can make it bigger and fuzzier now :D

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 am Let's talk about Waves GUI, shall we? ;)
It's quite obvious to me that you are not a big fan of facts but much rather of obfuscation, but please let me nonetheless use this opportunity to mention the fact that it was YOU, not me, who brought up another company's (IKMM) products in this very thread (about Waves) here.
And frankly speaking, I also find somewhat bizarre that you did so even though you said yourself later on that you do not care at all about these products.

Freak or troll, that is the question...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:43 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 am Let's talk about Waves GUI, shall we? ;)
It's quite obvious to me that you are not a big fan of facts but much rather of obfuscation, but please let me nonetheless use this opportunity to mention the fact that it was YOU, not me, who brought up another company's (IKMM) products in this very thread (about Waves) here.
And frankly speaking, I also find somewhat bizarre that you did so even though you said yourself later on that you do not care at all about these products.
Who said you need to compare with only plugins you like? Man, your thinking seems to be bizarre.

I brought up a comparison for my understanding because I had seen blurry GUI with some IK plugins I have and noticed people discussing blurry GUI with Waves V12, thinking it could be a similar case. Some people answered those questions for me. I replied to them that I was perhaps wrong.

It was YOU who brought this up again with your unnecessary non-sense, 3 pages later, to which I politely replied in a way that should have closed that conversation there.

The reason I said "Let's talk about Waves GUI, shall we?" indicates we should move on, but you don't seem to understand it.
Freak or troll, that is the question...
Yes, let me answer that question for you: YOU are a freak AND a troll here.

Lol, haven't read the topic, but it's about Waves, so it's probably heated. ...my 2 cents? Sice V11 license center deleted my v9 installs and it took me half a day to figure out how to have V9 and V11 installed at the same time, I'm calling this bulls... not very nice. WUP renewal for my 9 Waves products is about 220 USD. For a resizable GUI? LOL. No, thank you. Go shake hands with Avid and Adobe and leave me be, Waves.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Always the same type of person that defends WUP, dense to say the least. Using weak points or even fabrications to deflect from the fact they cannot defend WUP with strong positive arguments. Even in the face of such a poor “upgrade” from Waves, which should be met with righteous indignation, reverting to “you don’t need to buy WUP”, believing this statement supports the existence of such a scam, whilst name-calling any other poster sane enough to provide a fair take on the matter.

Junkyard Sam wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:50 pm I feel like the odd-man-out here at KVR, being a Waves fan. But I bet there's a quiet bunch of people who feel similar.
I've been very vocal in my love of Waves, shot down many a time, but I don't care; Waves plug-ins are brilliant. This update will make them even better and I don't give a monkeys who disagrees :D
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm
Junkyard Sam wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:50 pm I feel like the odd-man-out here at KVR, being a Waves fan. But I bet there's a quiet bunch of people who feel similar.
I've been very vocal in my love of Waves, shot down many a time, but I don't care; Waves plug-ins are brilliant. This update will make them even better and I don't give a monkeys who disagrees :D
I love Waves plugins too. They were the first set of effect plugins I bought after getting my DAW. It's mainly about being familiar with something you have owned for so many years. I could be wrong, but about 10 years ago I think only Waves offered such a diverse collection of plugins.

I think that Waves plugins are generally OK and find the WUP stuff slightly annoying. I’m sorry to take such an outrageous position.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

zvenx wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 pm "Look at Steinberg, with their yearly paid updates, look at Presonus getting quicker and quicker with their release cycle."

Steinberg adds lots of features in their updates. Huge difference imho.
But you are right at the end of the day no one is forcing you to pay Waves.
But my goodness they are 'one of a kind'.
rsp
Indeed, many of the old waves plugins could definitely use new features, like wet/dry, sidechain filters, ducking, auto gain compensation, larger display areas for diagrams, optional oversampling etc. None of these options should affect the sound of previous presets. Not to mention updated interfaces. I´d more than willing to pay for that.

Also, they could clean up their range by merging functionality (ex all parametric EQ:s could be one), which would also make their plugins more competitive. The only reason to use something like Q10 or Ren EQ is that you used it for years, but I find it hard to believe that a new starter would reach for those.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:46 pm I think that Waves plugins are generally OK and find the WUP stuff slightly annoying. I’m sorry to take such an outrageous position.
This. For me, I'd change the 'OK' to 'very good'. Others could change the OK to 'good', '(OK)', 'bad' and the 'slightly' to 'very', '(slightly)' or 'not'. Watch the Guitar is the voice of common sense and reason. KVR needs far more of this :D

No problem with waves. No problem with WUP (I don't expect companies to work for free). Nice to have a resizable GUI to at least being able to work with. I too see the chance of improvements though.

Return to “Effects”