Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

A friend said to me, "Studio One 5.1"
I said "What ? You mean Surround Sound ?"
Friend said "No, Studio One 5.1"
I said "So Studio One 5.1 doesn't have Surround Sound ?"
Friend said "I didn't say Studio One had Surround Sound"
I said "But you said Studio One 5.1"
Friend said "Yes, Studio One is now 5.1"
I said "But it can't be, you said it wasn't 5.1"
Friend said "No I didn't"
I said "Yes you did"
Friend said "No you didn't"
I said "Yes you did"
Friend said "I said it wasn't 5.1"
I said "I thought you just said it was 5.1"
Friend said "Yes I did say it was 5.1"
I said "But you just said it wasn't"
Friend said "But that was before you said it was Surround Sound"
I said "I didn't say it was Surround Sound"
Friend said "Yes you did"
I said "No I didn't"
Friend said "I said it wasn't"
I said "But you said it was 5.1"
Friend said "Yes I did"
I said "But you just said it wasn't"
Friend said "When ?"
I said "About three minutes ago",
Friend said "I wasn't here three minutes ago"
I said "Yes you were"
Friend said "No I wasn't"
I said "Well where you were then ?"
Friend said "Thinking"
I said "Where about's ?"
Friend said "On the toilet"
I said "You messaged me whilst on the toilet ?"
Friend said "Yes"
I said "Couldn't you have waited ?"
Friend said "Waited for what ?"
I said to "To message me ?"
Friend said "Why ? It's Studio One"
I said "Your toilet is your Studio ?"
Friend said "Yes it is"
I said "So does it have Surround Sound ?"
Friend said "No my toilet doesn't have Surround Sound"
I said "But what kind of studio doesn't have Surround Sound ?"
Friend said "Studio One"
I said "But you just said it did"
Friend said "No I didn't"...

Long pause...

Friend said "That's for number two's"

I said "But Studio One 2 doesn't have surround sound"

Friend said...

"Yeah... I have to use Pro Tools for that". :borg:
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

But who's on first?
SW: Bitwig Studio 3, Studio One 5, Reason 11, Komplete 12
HW: Minilogue XD, TR-8S, 0-Coast, Bassline, Digitone, Digitakt, Jazzmaster
Pedals: Zen Delay, Black Hole Symmetry, Ottobit, Shigeharu, Tremotron, Dweller, Oblivion, Julianna, Rooms, Microcosm

Thank you again for pointing out how to aquire the demo.

I have installed the demo and i am trying to open the project and for some reason it shows me that i am missing couple of plugins "VPS avenger" and "fabfilter Pro q 3". Studio one says they are not installed on my system, but they are, and studio one 5 shows them and i can open them both within the project that doesnt even load them. I also have an old project i have made in 2015 on Studio One 3 (i sold the licence a year after). I have used Presswerk there alot and now when i open the project, i get the same message, plugin is missing, but its installed and Studio One 5 sees it and i can open it.

What might be the problem??

accessdune3 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:54 amWhat might be the problem??
You've not said S1 where your plugins are, apparently:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:57 am
accessdune3 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:54 amWhat might be the problem??
You've not said S1 where your plugins are, apparently:

Sorry, but i had to do this so i can help you with focus when reading :)
Thank you again for pointing out how to aquire the demo.

I have installed the demo and i am trying to open the project and for some reason it shows me that i am missing couple of plugins "VPS avenger" and "fabfilter Pro q 3". Studio one says they are not installed on my system, but they are, and studio one 5 shows them and i can open them both within the project that doesnt even load them. I also have an old project i have made in 2015 on Studio One 3 (i sold the licence a year after). I have used Presswerk there alot and now when i open the project, i get the same message, plugin is missing, but its installed and Studio One 5 sees it and i can open it.

What might be the problem??

accessdune3 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:01 am Sorry, but i had to do this so i can help you with focus when reading :)
Oh, sorry :oops:

I don't know if this would matter, but maybe in those tracks you've used VST2 or AU and now you only have VST3 installed*, or any combination thereof? It appears S1 sees currently installed plugins as different versions to what you had previously. I think.

* I don't know if you're on Mac nor do I know what plugin formats Avenger comes in; just trying to help.
Music tech enthusiast

Upgraded to 5.1 but have found a pretty big bug right after: VPS Avenger doesn't recall it's settings properly. How to reproduce: Load Avenger, select a preset with multiple layers / sounds, mute a few layers. Now if you save and load this project it will have enabled all layers again. Same if you duplicate it (full), all layers enabled.

Not sure if there are other synths / plugins having this behavior but on the presonus forums I see some more people with plugin issues. Anyone with Avenger that can confirm the issue so I know it's not my system?

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:02 amExactly! But, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe 27" was the size you mentioned, too, so what you're saying is that you agree with me but you put up with it anyway, presumably because you'd rather go blind than admit you made a poor choice.
No. One more time: 24" or 27" doesn't matter. At that size, if the native screen resolution is 4K you set it to default resolution and 200% scaling, so everything is NOT small and you don't have to glue your nose to the screen. You hopefully know that Windows itself has a scaling option set in percent, which is different from resolution which you set in pixels.
Anyway, I won't even bother reading the rest of your post, you're clearly being irrational.
At this point I believe you are just yanking my chain... I'll just assume you've read it and just can't come up with any more convincing arguments to defend your point... or poor choice as you put it. :)
void main(dumb)

OK, so now it's down to semantics. Fine, be as big a dick as you like, you are still going against the opinion of 20-odd professionals that probably have a couple of hundred years experience between them. But I'm sure you know better. If you can't run your monitor at native res and 100% scaling, then it is a waste of time having all those pixels, End of story. You are better off spending that money on a lower res screen with better colour reproduction.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:02 amExactly! But, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe 27" was the size you mentioned, too, so what you're saying is that you agree with me but you put up with it anyway, presumably because you'd rather go blind than admit you made a poor choice.
No. One more time: 24" or 27" doesn't matter. At that size, if the native screen resolution is 4K you set it to default resolution and 200% scaling, so everything is NOT small and you don't have to glue your nose to the screen. You hopefully know that Windows itself has a scaling option set in percent, which is different from resolution which you set in pixels.
Give it a rest. I had this particular discussion with @BONES a year ago or so and - to him - there's no difference between two say 24'' screens of otherwise the same quality (brightness, contrast, refresh rate, color gamut, glare, etc.) but one is 1080p running at 100% and the other is 4K at 200%. It's just "wasted pixels", whereas for me it's huge provided that software in question actually can leverage that, which most DAWs since 2-3 years can and it really matters here, because we have lots of 'high frequency' (small, fine & dense) detail on screen all the time - icons, tracks & clips, beat/time grids, audio waveforms.

Obviously a very good 1080p screen > poor 4K one, which I guess is all your recent discussion boils down to; but all other things being equal I'd always prefer the latter.
Music tech enthusiast

Is this a Studio 1 thread or a philosophic monitor debate??

Trancit wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am Is this a Studio 1 thread or a philosophic monitor debate??
It's psychopathic monitor debate :P
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:01 am It's psychopathic monitor debate :P
:tu: :hyper:

I just saw that they introduced retrospective recording in 5.1. As fast as I remember, that was one thing many people requested, so, good job to Presonus.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”