Free Zebra2/HZ skin: Wombat Flat (Skin Builder 1.1 final and pre-built skins released)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I don't know for certain (as I've never used Sandboxie) but my best guess is that it is having trouble with the fact that my program runs several subprograms (specifically mogrify.exe, which is used to run all the image processing and identify.exe, which is used in the process of analyzing the actual colors generated by the image manipulation so that the script colors match). If sandboxie is sandboxing those programs from my main program, the the whole thing won't work properly. Both of those programs are located in the skindata folder, so if there is some way to identify those in Sandboxie as part of my program it may work

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All: at this point I haven’t heard any bug reports, so I am planning on releasing 1.1 into final probably tomorrow. If you run across anything in the meantime let me know. Of course if any meaningful bugs pop up after 1.1 releases I’ll fix it. 1.1 so far has only a few very very minor bug fixes relative to the last beta, but a bunch more knob sets and presets.

Resistent: I’ll look at your question and let you know what I find

Wombat Flat Skin Builder 1.1 is now released!: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w52t1qdmwjlb5 ... 1.zip?dl=0

A handful of bug fixes, some tidying up, and a bunch more presets and knobs. Oh, and a full manual with screenshots of the presets and knobs. I have also added a little text at the bottom of the preferences menu showing what version of the program the skin was built with.

Again, if any big issues are identified I'll do a hotfix, but overall I think this should work pretty well. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions!

Wow.
Thank you.
thank you,
thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks so much again for all your hard work and generosity wombat778. I've been waiting to update to the latest version of Zebra2 just to use your great skin builder. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Got a chance to finally run 1.1 on my PC, ran without issues, my only 'complaint' is the screenshots in the pdf are a bit blurry.
Thanks again.
rsp
sound sculptist

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm The reason why I started to use it in sanboxie is that I found some folders on my c drive I could not relate to anything.
Is it possible that the skin builder is creating some temp folders or similar?
The only temp files it creates should be located in the folder skindata\temp. Basically it uses that to store the preview files and some text files that contain the output of identify.exe, which my program analyzes to figure out the actual colors. Beyond that I don’t believe there should be any temp files created at all.

Also, to give peace of mind that the program isn't doing anything funky, and also to allow folks to tweak, port to other platforms, etc., here is the source code and VS2019 project for the builder executable. It's not pretty but it works!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All, as promised, here is the separate standalone package containing just pre-built skins:https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzgpo1x8wiesr ... 1.zip?dl=0

These are IDENTICAL to those generated by the presets in the Skin Builder, so there is no need to download this if you already have/use the Skin Builder 1.1 application (i.e., it's really only for Mac/Linux users).

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again, wombat778, for all your work!

/* whitenoise */

Return to “u-he”