Waves V12 is here, now with resizable GUIs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Plugin Collection

Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:15 pm My god, why do you people act so apologetic for huge companies instead of calling them out for their BS?
This simon bloke is a Waves shill - just so you know.

Wait until plugins devs will get ideas from mobile phone manufacturers like Samson or Cripple how to implement new features:
New features list:
version 1 - 10: standard basic feature X
version 11: feature X removed: who need this obsolete crap anyway
version 12: new improved better feature X - it's the same as before but now it's new feature because it didn't exist in version 11. Got it? Got it?

So no one else has been having issues? None of the updated plugins work anymore. The ones that didn't update run fine. Tried reinstalling already. Damn, I guess I have to contact support now.. ugh.

Edit: A mix of repairing the files, hard resetting the vst files in the DAW and then re-installing them again worked.

Today I had a very loud noise burst from RVerb, using V12... Anybody else here had any problem like that?

Sonik31 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:18 am Today I had a very loud noise burst from RVerb, using V12... Anybody else here had any problem like that?
Are you using FL Studio?

I love my Waves plugins and I will continue to by any I want to, but I won't be renewing WUP for this GUI thing.

I can't think of any plugins I struggle with the GUI off hand, but if I did, i'd still not want to pay to get this.

The WUP scheme was one thing I was warned of many years ago with Waves, and tbh I didnt care, but it's become an issue over the years , Waves are not helping themselves.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

As my WUP was in date, I took the plunge (after trialling a seldom used plugin) and updated all to V12. 10 minutes to download and install. All working fine so far. There IS a little bit of bluriness at the 200% GUI, but on the 150% it's fine. Actually makes some of the smaller original plugins usable now. Much better for my older tired eyes anyway :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:31 am
Sonik31 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:18 am Today I had a very loud noise burst from RVerb, using V12... Anybody else here had any problem like that?
Are you using FL Studio?
Studio One v5.1

Sonik31 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:42 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:31 am
Are you using FL Studio?
Studio One v5.1
Sorry, can't help then. I use FL Studio and there is a similar issue happening due to certain plugins. Just wondering if it an issue with FL Studio since it happens with plugins from different vendors, including one observation I had with a Waves plugin (not RVerb).

Thanks to @Etienne1973 and @TheNoodlist. I think I'll use a USB key connected to a USB hub for my licences in the very near future.

It's not great update. It should have updated at least five years ago.

Hi, seems as the update to Waves 12 crashed my MacBook Pro (Cataline, latest version). Updated my Plugins with WUP, updated Waves Central, installed everything and did a restart as requested. Now it hangs on boot-screen for about an hour and does nothing. Even tried to restart (forced switch off and start again) and the same... any ideas what happened? And more important any ideas what i can do? :x

audio/fault wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:18 pmAnd more important any ideas what i can do? :x
Start Mac in safe mode

Edit: Force shutdown and pull mains plug first.

thanks. started with harddisk-repair and the problem seemed solved so far. still annoying...

Anyone have any idea had to revert this colossal bad update as none of my covered Waves plugins are working after the 'upgrade'. All I am getting is black boxes when I open the plugins that were updated to V12. Yesterday I'm making money sailing along smoothly on a project..... today I am completely sunk and trying to figure out ridiculous issues. Thanks Waves.

Return to “Effects”