Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

telecode wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:21 pm The basic AT4 pack is a mixed bag. Some of those models are from Amplitube 2 and just carried over without updates to inflate the number of models included. So there's something like 3 AC-30 models, but 2 pre-date Amplitube 4. Some of the post-AT4 models are better IMO, but they're inconsistent. These days, I'm totally happy using Neural DSP's Plini or some of the Overloud TH-U Rig Player libraries from Choptones if I'm going to use an amp sim. But I've got a few nice amps here and plenty of microphones and stomp boxes so I'd really just be more inclined to kick it old school these days.
the neural stuff doesn't work for me as my system is not a high speced modern model. and i have no plans of upgrading hardware just to run neuraldsp sims so it can be buried in a mix with synths and beats.
I have 2 high spec-ed machines and Neural doesn't cut it for me either. It's not that it sounds bad... it doesn't, but for the CPU consumption that it requires, it doesn't give you much more (in some cases even less) than other much cheaper and less CPU-rapey plugins out there.
I usually record straight from an amp or a Kemper, so I'm not a heavy users of amp sims, but when I'm just having quick fun, I go to Blue Cat's Axiom or simply to any Nembrini one that I have bought for the mandatory $29. I used to play through Amplitube (the topic of this thread) and I found some good sounds, but it took me too much tweaking to get it to sound good. S-Gear must have been my most beloved go-to one click sound for a long time.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

So for fun, share your AmpliTube 5 wishlist or predictions, and let's see how much of it IK fulfills (assuming AT5 really is coming.)

What new features and/or gear are you hoping for/expecting?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 pm So for fun, share your AmpliTube 5 wishlist or predictions, and let's see how much of it IK fulfills (assuming AT5 really is coming.)

i think there is room for improvement of AT. I make my own patches a lot and I think the UI of how the patches and saved, sorted and accessed could be greatly improved.

Also, lets see what IKM can come up with tech wise to complete with the others on the market.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm I've dialed in a lot of classic tones with AmpliTube, using the provided models of the same gear that the artist used, and A/B'd them with isolated stems. The weak link is always the cab, which sounds static, veiled and flat compared to the original track, like it's been filtered through cheesecloth. To really hear it you need to switch between the 2 rapidly. But this is a shortcoming of convolution due to its static nature, not the amp modeling.
Amplitube doesn't use convolution for the amp cabs I'm pretty sure.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm I've dialed in a lot of classic tones with AmpliTube, using the provided models of the same gear that the artist used, and A/B'd them with isolated stems. The weak link is always the cab, which sounds static, veiled and flat compared to the original track, like it's been filtered through cheesecloth. To really hear it you need to switch between the 2 rapidly. But this is a shortcoming of convolution due to its static nature, not the amp modeling.
Amplitube doesn't use convolution for the amp cabs I'm pretty sure.
That's exactly right. They've done physical component modeling at every stage including the power amp/speaker modeling, which is a fancy way of saying the cab models are based on their own algorithms as opposed to impulse responses. I understand if someone doesn't jive with AT4. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste, but dynamic response was modeled to be and is one of the strengths of AT4, not the weak link.

I'd like a selection of input configurations based on the input source, type of and arrangement of pickups, string gauge, playing styles, and guitar body characteristics. Might as well add room temp and humidity sliders while at it :ud:

I suspect many people don't like a, b, c, or d ampsim because
ampsim inputs expect what their dev thinks is best, and players are all over the gear map. BlueCat have been active in that area,
hopefully IK will compete.

Hosting 3rd party plugins would be another request. BlueCat have made that happen in Axiom., where I loaded GR5 and A4 as a test, great fun, without feeling any guilt at all :hyper:

Neural DSP doesn't have models of specific amps. What I want is a model of my amp and pedals. AmpliTube has it. Some "generic" amp model isn't going to do it for me. I'm not making pop diva tracks here.
yet Cory Wong pack does better Fender cleans than Amplitube Fender could ever produce. paradoxical, ain't it?

it's a wrong perception that something with a brand logo slapped on will automatically sound more genuine than option X. it's a part of the marketing trickery.

Neural DSP have emulations of hardware. what do you think Fortin, Omega, Darkglass amps are? Artist packs are also based on existing hardware, but doesn't mention name due to copyright. But nothing generic about them. They sound great.

Seems like unnecessary bashing of the company to me. Do your research next time before you speak. In the end, it doesn't matter if something has logo on it or not, if it sounds good, it's good, period.

I guess some people sleep better if their amp sims have a neat logo put in the corner LMAO. OCD much, eh?

Dang with all that neuro DSP hype I'd expect those vsts to sound like real amps

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 pm So for fun, share your AmpliTube 5 wishlist or predictions, and let's see how much of it IK fulfills (assuming AT5 really is coming.)

I already mentioned some of these but:
-Updated GUI, touch friendly and resizable like MODO
-Do not show presets that use products we don't own!!!!
-Option for Stereo input
-Pickup/guitar emulation

I don't care about new models, but sound improvements are always possible.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:21 pm -Updated GUI, touch friendly and resizable like MODO
-Do not show presets that use products we don't own!!!!
I wouldn't want to pay for these features, but I sure would like them!!!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

More Mars-halls ?

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm I know that Neural models are at the very least "inspired" by specific amps, or certain amp styles. The issue though, is the offerings are a very limited selection of very general amp types. There is no JC-120 replica, for example. AmpliTube has hundreds of models, with a very good chance your specific rig or something extremely close to it can be replicated.
Got ya.
Btw I have heard that the Cory Wong clean machine is a JC-120 replica.

rsp
Corey uses stock modern off the shelf Fender Twins live, he talked about his live rig in an Andy Frasco podcast. Same with pedals, just basic off the shelf stuff you find easily at Guitar Center, nothing boutique or special. Maybe he uses a variety of stuff in the studio like the JC-120, he even says digital amp modeling stuff as well, whatever easily gets him to that sound. Maybe he had them do a better model of a line 6 clean sound 😆

https://youtu.be/UH2nntmhje4

You did hear the first thing he mentioned was the JC-120 though :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Ray Leece wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 am
Neural DSP doesn't have models of specific amps. What I want is a model of my amp and pedals. AmpliTube has it. Some "generic" amp model isn't going to do it for me. I'm not making pop diva tracks here.
yet Cory Wong pack does better Fender cleans than Amplitube Fender could ever produce. paradoxical, ain't it?

it's a wrong perception that something with a brand logo slapped on will automatically sound more genuine than option X. it's a part of the marketing trickery.

Neural DSP have emulations of hardware. what do you think Fortin, Omega, Darkglass amps are? Artist packs are also based on existing hardware, but doesn't mention name due to copyright. But nothing generic about them. They sound great.

Seems like unnecessary bashing of the company to me. Do your research next time before you speak. In the end, it doesn't matter if something has logo on it or not, if it sounds good, it's good, period.

I guess some people sleep better if their amp sims have a neat logo put in the corner LMAO. OCD much, eh?
I don't think that's true at all. I demoed the Cory VST when it came out. It doesn't sound like a better clear to me. To each their on.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Yeah the Neural DSP to me was very artificial. Tried Plini of them

Return to “Effects”