Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Cool!

I'm just doing a quick test now. Here's some feedback:

The preset list doesn't show which preset you selected after you've closed and re-opened the plugin window.

The Mod envelope stops having any effect in Legato mode.

This is a minor thing, but with the Mac version, one thing I've noticed is that the installer (and not just in 2.2.4) shows the AU version unchecked (even though that's the version I have installed) and the VST version checked.

onerob wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:43 pm The Mod envelope stops having any effect in Legato mode.
Thanks for reporting back!

Are you sure this is not due to the nature of Legato? (I.e. the envelope is not retriggered at all, but kept at its previous state and continued from there)

If so, can you please send the patch ("export" in preset browser) and maybe a small snippet of sound from that patch?

AU not being checked is on purpose. It doesn't check what you already have installed, and I don't want to flood peoples harddrives with duplicate plugins.

The thing where the patch is no longer selected is known, but I consider it low priority.

Are you sure this is not due to the nature of Legato? (I.e. the envelope is not retriggered at all, but kept at its previous state and continued from there)
Yup, my mistake :dog:
AU not being checked is on purpose. It doesn't check what you already have installed, and I don't want to flood peoples harddrives with duplicate plugins.
But that means, if I don't pay attention, I will get a duplicate plugin installed because it'll add VST to my system when I wanted to update the AU instead. But it barely registers with me as an issue, so no worries there.
The thing where the patch is no longer selected is known, but I consider it low priority.
Understood.

All set for tomorrow? Congrats!

Odin2 V2.4 linux LV2 version working fine in Ubuntu Studio 19.10 in qtractor daw using linux official nvidia driver
...gui resize and presets export/import work fine :party:
Thanks WaveWarden and Kott :hyper:
Last edited by glokraw on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Odin2 V 2.4 inux vst3 working in Ubuntu Studio 19.10 in linux Reaper 5.987 with linux official nVidia driver. Gui resize and preset export/import also work, but the 150% is bigger in linux vst3 than it is in the LV2 version: the vertical portion exceeds the reaper plugin screen by about 8% (screen is 1280x1024)
Great to have the vst3 in the can 8)

Windows vst3 is working in Ubuntu Studio 19.10 with
wine-staging V 5.10 and linux official nVidia driver.
Gui at 150% misses the bottom 8% of the vertical resolution but it's fine at 100%.

Presets made in the linux versions imported and sounded correct in the windows version in wine.

Trivia fans: The vst3 and lv2 versions in reaper and qtractor are running concurrently, with Amplitube 4, linux Calf Chorus and GX Phaser (a guitarix extra)

Odin2-vst-wine-A4.png
Odin2-A4-wine-vst3.png
Odin2-4-qtractor.png

Solid coding!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice work Wavewarden. I'll run it through soon.

Great video review on Youtube by VoodooG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E474EH6zDO0

Erisian wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:47 pm Nice work Wavewarden. I'll run it through soon.

Haha, nice. Thanks for always keeping me on top of those reviews. Without you I would have missed three already :hihi:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:01 am
Erisian wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:47 pm Nice work Wavewarden. I'll run it through soon.

Haha, nice. Thanks for always keeping me on top of those reviews. Without you I would have missed three already :hihi:
You're welcome. I'm always on the lookout for new Odin2 videos. :wink:

Promotional video is simple and explanatory and the sounds are good and create a good atmosphere for it. :tu:

Odin 2 is finally released! :party: :party: :party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3Wans ... e=youtu.be

I want to thank everybody who gave feedback and reported bugs in this thread. There's no way this project could have come so far without you. Seeing the feedback and involvement of the community let my motivation skyrocket! Thank you!

If you're into that kind of thing, have a look at the source code as well.I noticed there is a lot of skilled software-devs around here as well. Any contribution to this project are highly incouraged!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:22 pmOdin 2 is finally released! :party: :party: :party:
Awesome stuff, especially for a Reason user like me who moves to Linux!!! :clap: :love:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm Just installed in Windows. Very first thing I noticed was that it needs a size in between 100% and 150%, because on my 1080p 24" screen the small version is too small and the large version goes off the screen. Maybe a 125% would be great.

Now to see how it sounds...
It was requested numerous times, but probably not going to happen. I remember spending an entire week re-rendering everything for 150% and adjusting code. This is where a vector-graphics based GUI is much more convenient, an I'll probably do that for my next project.

On a different note: The 150% GUI is 921px in height, so it should not be too big for a 1080p screen. Unless you use Desktop scaling inside Windows?

Return to “Instruments”