Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's why I'm waiting uhbik for Linux.

I really hope it will be out soon...

Urs, a clue about that?

Fabrizio

I've not used 2.0, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Two things I would like:
1. A lockable dry/wet knob in Uhbik-G. I like to use it sometimes to color drums, but I flip through presets to check out sounds as I do.
2. Every Uhbik plugin to have a dry/wet knob that looks the same (maybe similar location in GUI, if doable).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 pm I've not used 2.0, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Two things I would like:
1. A lockable dry/wet knob in Uhbik-G. I like to use it sometimes to color drums, but I flip through presets to check out sounds as I do.
2. Every Uhbik plugin to have a dry/wet knob that looks the same (maybe similar location in GUI, if doable).
you're in luck, both of these are (mostly) true.
Mix knob is on the right top or bottom next to mod section everywhere, and all parameters are lockable.
https://i.imgur.com/yqGnA8D.jpg

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:17 pm
nirm123 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:53 am
Urs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:45 pm Use the envelope as source for the Sample & Hold. So now you can add a random S&H modulation that's in sync with the rhythmic pattern.
This sounds great but I don't see any option to choose envelope as source for the Sample & Hold (only mod and pitch wheels, Control A/B, LFOs & ModMapper).
Oi, really? I could swear this was already in current betas.

Good thing is, work on CVilization is (mostly) finished on my part, I'm currently having a little break (beach vacation with little fun project as an excuse to stay in air conditioned place - speeding up some things for Uhbik, Hive and Z3), and then I'll be all Uhbiks with bit of Bazille and Hive sprinkled on top to get the final phase jump started.
Hi Urs. are you all Uhbiks currently ? :)

b.t.w - I think that back on April you said that you might upload a video exposing the new filter models on going effort, is that still which you consider sharing ?

thanks !

There were still a few issues left with CVilization after vacation, but now I'm getting increasingly nervous about a few deadlines approaching. Such that I'm currently racing through some tasks with Zebra2/HZ, Bazille and Hive before I can continue with Uhbik.

I don't think it's overly much left to do though and I'm prepping coworkers with the knowledge to take over some leftover issues.

Can not even begin to express how psyched I am that this is going to happen eventually:
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.18.42.png
Flashbacks to routing bliss, abound... :wink:
Ensoniq DP 4+ Reference Manual Version 2 0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I can not wait. It's not as complex as the DP-4, we didn't do a feedback channel, but therefore it has multi band operation ;-)

(currently it's a bit of a mess though, I'll see to it after some work on Hive and Bazille)

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:55 pm we didn't do a feedback channel, but therefore it has multi band operation ;-)
Does it mean no phaser or flanger in delay feedback loop?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Urs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:55 pm we didn't do a feedback channel, but therefore it has multi band operation ;-)
Does it mean no phaser or flanger in delay feedback loop?
Not initially, no. But of course you can put a phaser or flanger on the delay.

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:30 pm Not initially, no. But of course you can put a phaser or flanger on the delay.
That's sad a bit, tricks like reverb only in feedback loop of delay like on roland space echo are interesting and open new horizons.
Murderous duck!

But maybe multiband is more desirable option?

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:08 pm But maybe multiband is more desirable option?
It's very easy to build multiband in ableton fx rack, no way to get to feedback loop
Murderous duck!

Multi-band in effects tend to be nicer. And it will allow for nifty presets.

It's very easy to build a feedback loop in REAPER. Or any DAW + audio interface with at least one output, one input, and an appropriate cable.

Every capable effect rack plugin has multiband; it's not a question of desirability but perceived parity in a competitive market. If you've tried those plugins you know the convenience and advantages of having it in-plugin. It's a necessity for an initial release of a world-class rack effect system. No rack plugin has arbitrary feedback at this price point right now, btw. And the latency is unpredictable. Definitely a niche feature that requires special presentation, better suited for an iteration release.

The modulation in the alpha is something else. To bring that plus routing and all the other surprise features in the beta is very exciting. I'm not worried about a lack of new horizons upon release. It's been (justifiably) delayed enough for the rack to begin with.

yellowmix wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:26 am It's very easy to build a feedback loop in REAPER. Or any DAW + audio interface with at least one output, one input, and an appropriate cable.
Frankly it's not.
It wouldn't scale as plugins. It would be hard to manipulate. It wouldn't have presets etc
It's nowhere as easy as to build fx rack in ableton.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”