Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb Redline Reverb Schroeder Reverb

Any thoughts on this?? From Waves, to SoundToys, and a million others.... I've heard so much REALLY opinionated competition that it's hard to get a hold on this one.... Please advise!!!

Is this a wind up by a 'new' member?

If you've already heard (and read) so much opinionated competition, you'll appreciate that the preference for reverb is very subjective.
And $250 will cover most software reverbs easily.

Why not just take some of those opinions (here at many KVR threads and elsewhere), go to the developers' website, download the demos and find out what you like?

Also, some reverbs are better at specific reverb tasks than others (eg, Seventh Heaven Pro for realistic spaces vs Blackhole for spacey fx).
What are you looking for in terms of reverb fx?

There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many.

Why style of music?

... and welcome to kvr. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Use this in the meantime: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=551072&p=7862362&hi ... b#p7862362

Coincidentally (or not) also created by a new member.

If I could pick just one reverb product then under $250 on sale or 2nd hand algorithmic Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle for my lonely island.

That's really a difficult question, because there are many great reverbs available and the difference is the operation area! Sometimes I just use the simple reverb of my DAW or a Valhalla or Fabfilter Pro-R. And I'm thinking about also buying Adaptiverb, but it needs much CPU power ...
Last edited by clipnotic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No such thing. You could get a bunch of excellent free ones like Supermassive and all-rounders to cover many bases. For $145 you get Valhalla Room, Vintage Verb, and Xenoverb which covers a huge range of use cases. Wait for iZotope's fire sales of Exponential Audio and you're still well under $250. Then go bonkers with a creative verb like when Blackhole goes on sale for $29. You'll still have money left over for a $15 one month pass to Groove 3 on how to use reverb (and more).

Don't forget the convolution reverb that comes with your DAW and the many free IRs out there.

Plan and prioritize your purchases, wait for sales, ignore impulse, buy smart. Honestly, start with one and learn how to use a reverb in different situations so you can figure out what's missing from your toolbox. No need to rush into purchases. Welcome to KVR.

Edit: No longer recommending Exponential Audio reverbs if you are on Mac. Izotope have no plans to update them for M1. Development has been abandoned. https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... le-silicon
Last edited by yellowmix on Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Depends on what you want really.

Reverberate 3? Awesome reverb for $99!

Exponential Audio Phoenixverb for natural spaces.
Exponential Audio R2 for classic rack reverb.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Cinematic Rooms is probably the best reverb that isn't a Bricasti. But I have a soft spot for VSS3.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:25 pm Exponential Audio Phoenixverb for natural spaces.
Exponential Audio R2 for classic rack reverb.
They're a great combo indeed.

under 250, that would be 249 then, and the best reverb at that specific price is probably the SP2016.

Aether and B2 are amazing.

If I had to choose only one to fit ALL my needs from realistic sounds to deep Blackhole-like sounds, I would keep one of these :
- Relab VSR S24 ($249)
- Fractal Audio Systems - FAS FX Reverb ($129.99)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Eventide SP2016
Rare Signals Transatlantic Plate
Audiothing Fog Convolver

Return to “Effects”