Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb Redline Reverb Schroeder Reverb

You could get Vintage verb, Eventide blackhole, and Ni Raum for less than 250
dedication to flying

As people have said... You could pick up a few Valhalla verbs for that price. :)

I would buy one convolution verb you like the looks and sound of, then the same again for a different kind of verb (artificial/unusual/classic/whatever).

That’s what I work with - one of each.

I got both Nimbus and R4 for $30 each during sales!

I recently got VintageVerb, and I'm now using it for pretty much all my reverb requirements. Until then I was using Eather, Reflektor, and Plate from Arturia. VintageVerb is covering pretty much all the bases now for me. It is very good.

Valhalla:

Vintage Verb
Shimmer
Delay (can do lots of lovely reverby stuff)
Supermassive (free and does lots of unusual type reverbs)

Total cost $150

I'm also in the camp that "the best reverb" is several different reverbs for different situations.

My whole collection of software reverbs comes in under $250 total (because I got Raum and Plate-140 when they were free gifts):

Valhalla Plate, Room, Vintage and Supermassive
Fog Convolver
Twangstrom
Raum
Plate-140

I'm also fond of using delays with diffusion or even building up my own basic, metallic, "bad reverb" FDNs in Bitwig Grid...

Supermassive in a 2u rack, with an elegant hands-on interface + a plugin version could simply cost thousands. For certain kind of music, could be the only reverb needed and much more.

If you are into 80's Lexicon sound, I love the new RHall/HD Lite algorithms of the LX480 so much. Which is kinda my imaginary Classic Cart, a darker sounding 480, finally. Across between the 224 and the 480, as if the 224 has a random algo. One of the most awesome update, almost like throwing a new greatest sounding reverb for free, which can't be had elsewhere. Last Black Friday the Complete version can be had for $174. The bundle is also amazing value, especially since they've thrown Sonsig Rev-A for free to Bundle 1 owner. Hopefully that's going to be a tradition. That appears to be the most satisfying and complete purchase for me. Maybe the Bundle can be had for around $250 in the upcoming BF.

Sonsig Rev-B focusing on a darker sounding reverb please!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

People covered it already, but to summarize, these days we got access to great reverbs, no need for even the full $250 to form a collection.

I'm repeating some that have been mentioned but here is my list:
- Waves H-Reverb for $15 during BF (heavy on CPU)
- Exponential Audio, anything by them
- Something to tide you over: Valhalla or Xenoverb, around $50
- Seventh Heaven is $69 for a Bricasti emulation
- Eventide stuff is all good

Yo are not going wrong with any of these. I own several of these but personally tend to go Expo Audio and H-Reverb. Sadly, benching half a dozen others that deserve attention. There are many good reverbs.

Honestly, if we start naming every production quality reverb we have today under $250, the list is at least 20 things.

DVR250

Oril River is 0 eur

Then use the remaining 250 to get something that makes an actual difference for your music.
Last edited by .jon on Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

christian f. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 pm Aether and B2 are amazing.
+1
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 am
christian f. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 pm Aether and B2 are amazing.
+1
+2... BUT....

fussing over reverb quality is a bit too close to geekery for me. It depends on how you use it, naturally, but for the most part, reverb is there to give your tracks a sense of space. A reverb will very rarely take center stage (unless you're doing poor man's ambient), and the effect is best when it's subtle, as in: you only notice it's there when it's not. It's rare indeed that someone will listen to your track and go "wow, that's nice, but that reverb... pheeew! What a stinker!"
Plus, don't forget that reverbs can (and should?) be mixed as well, some distortion, EQing and compression can go a long way in getting the character you're looking for. Like .jon said, OrilRiver is a great and free reverb, so if you've money to burn, why not spend it on something more immediately useful and see how far you get with OrilRiver?

Well, that's enough of that. Something tells me we'll never hear from the OP again, as per usual with these first posters.

If I could choose only one reverb it would be Eventide Blackhole. But I like reverbs that you can hear ;) If you prefer transparent and "invisible" reverbs then the Exponential Audio Reverbs (now iZotope) are still the best recommendation.
Somewhere in the middle between hardware emulation (Lexicon) and big sounding reverbs is Relab (e.g. the Sonsig). All this reverbs are under $250

Flipping hell, does this forum really need yet another BEST REVARB EVAR thread? And the classic "thoughts" phrase makes an appearance too.
And what does BEST even mean? Best for what?
Why is it that people who ask for the BEST whatever never actually define what that word means to them?

OP, learn how to use the search button before asking a question, just to make sure it hasn't already been asked hundreds of times.

Return to “Effects”