Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:22 pm Odin 2 is finally released! :party: :party: :party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3Wans ... e=youtu.be

I want to thank everybody who gave feedback and reported bugs in this thread. There's no way this project could have come so far without you. Seeing the feedback and involvement of the community let my motivation skyrocket! Thank you!
I'm genuinely proud to have been part of this project and to share in your joy at the release of such an awesome musical instrument. :party: :party: :party: :hug:

Any plans of including support for custom tuning files? :)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:party: Awesome synth for the price!
I don't know if someone asked for yet. What about a sync option for the ChipTuneOsc Arp?
It's hard to dial in the speed to match a synced LFO for example!

Really good projekt! :tu:

crickey13 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 pm Any plans of including support for custom tuning files? :)
Not on my list so far, sorry.
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:53 pm I don't use any scaling. This is how it looks in FL Studio (it's not possible for plugins to cover the top taskbar in FL, although it can be hidden but that is not ideal):
Ah I see. Yeah that's an unfortunate situation.
PhaseTransition wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:20 pm I don't know if someone asked for yet. What about a sync option for the ChipTuneOsc Arp?
It's hard to dial in the speed to match a synced LFO for example!
Yes this was asked before. I think the main problem (as so often) is GUI space. Please notice when enabling Reset (Rst Button), the Arp will also reset on note start. Furthermore, you can type in precise values by double clicking the knob. If you really need it, you can calculate the frequency according to you BPM and input them there. Not a convenient solution, I admit, though :wink:

congratulations and thank you, WaveWarden!

BTW, thank you for this synth, it looks great, can't wait to check it out. :tu:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:03 pm I think the main problem (as so often) is GUI space.
But there is plenty of space next to the Arp. Just saying. :wink:

PhaseTransition wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:09 pm But there is plenty of space next to the Arp. Just saying. :wink:
Yeah that's Osc Slot 1, where the "Sync" button is missing (See the WT-Osc in Slot 2 in your image, which has it). Also once mode would be set to "SyncToBPM" the knob would be replaced by one of those SyncTimeSelectors which are used in LFOs to set the synced time. These are much bigger than the knob.

Anyway, like you say it is probably doable, but needs a redesign of this osc :)

Dang, my life-changing preset didn’t make the cut. :lol:

Congrats on a fantastic plugin, WaveWarden!! :love:
(I'm actually satchnut -- This account is so I can post my KeyOSC tracks to KVR)

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm Just installed in Windows. Very first thing I noticed was that it needs a size in between 100% and 150%, because on my 1080p 24" screen the small version is too small and the large version goes off the screen. Maybe a 125% would be great.

Now to see how it sounds...
the first thing i noticed is kaspersky completely shutting down the install process. it didnt like the download too i nthe first palce.

its really pesky

KeyOSC wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:53 pm Dang, my life-changing preset didn’t make the cut. :lol:
Sorry bro.
anttimaatteri wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:15 am
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm Just installed in Windows. Very first thing I noticed was that it needs a size in between 100% and 150%, because on my 1080p 24" screen the small version is too small and the large version goes off the screen. Maybe a 125% would be great.

Now to see how it sounds...
the first thing i noticed is kaspersky completely shutting down the install process. it didnt like the download too i nthe first palce.

its really pesky
Aaaah, Kaspersky really doesn't like Odin. I just registered for their whitelist program to finally put an end to this

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:22 pm Odin 2 is finally released! :party: :party: :party:
Congrats! :)

Yeah, congrats!

Modulation Matrix Question:

What I'm trying to do is simulate the volume envelope of an acoustic (string) instrument where the bass notes sound longer than the treble notes. Usually, keyboard tracking as a mod source will accomplish this.

I'm using "MIDI Note" as a source, and "Amp Env Decay" as the destination in order to have shorter decays on the higher keys and longer decay on the lower keys. However, I doesn't seem to be working.

When the "Mod Amount" is positive, decay times are increased for all the keys/notes, irrespective of pitch, and vice-versa, negative mod amounts decrease decay times.

Any ideas how to set this up?

Return to “Instruments”