Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

acousticglue wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 am The sneak peek looks like a Dark Side of the Moon
It looks like Mars to me.

So, AmpliTube Mick Mars then...? :hihi:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I don't think they do teasers for addon collections

Synthient Sound wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:27 pm Just generally, to whoever it may concern...The stock/default cab mic'ing has the SM57 right over the dust cap, which does tend to sound a bit harsh in isolation. I always move the mics around as I do when I record real cabs and have found quite good results when doing so. The stock/default mixer setup is not to my taste, but is easily remedied.

Making an INIT patch for yourself with a more pleasing mic and mixer setup really brings out the best of the cab section. I don't think IR import will ever be a feature and I don't think it is needed as the cab section is far more intuitive and easier than using IRs, especially if you've spent a lot of time recording hardware amps. The cab section is quite good sounding if you know your way around the differences between speakers/cabs and mic combos. I get the expected results when changing speaker type or moving mics into positions I'd normally record with.

I'm concerned this will be MODO Guitar and not Amplitube 5, which would be of no use to me. What I would like to see from the next version of Amplitube would be to drop all of the (roughly) 10-15 year old amp models out of it and get those basic classics remodeled (full EQ AC-30, '68 Plexi lead, '59 Bassman, etc).

Some of the missing classics added would be nice like a Matchless DC-30, Diezel VH-4, etc.

Just add on...I've been using Amplitube since version 2 I think, and definitely agree with what has been stated about the constant improvement. I do think they had a major shift around the time of the Mesa pack and version 4 in the way that they did the modeling. I'm finding myself going to A4 much more than to my amps as it is so much easier. The Brit Collection, SVX2, and the May/Satriani packs sound really, really good. Red Pig (Brit), '57 Pro (from Fender 2) for guitar, SVX-VR or SVX-15n are used on almost every project.
good post. i agree about the defualts and the stock amp collection. i find i am able to get lots of usable tones just using the Marshal JMC amps. They have less coloration and it's easier to find tune what you need out of them. I use them more than the logo'ed amps.

I need to try mixing the mic's a bit more. Thanks.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It's AT 5.. what do I win?
at5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Not really a subtle mistake.

It was there...

...and now it's gone.

Someone must have been a bit too keen to get it up on the site!
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

too late, too late. we saw it. "it's confirmed".

ians wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:14 pm It was there...

...and now it's gone.

Someone must have been a bit too keen to get it up on the site!
they are monitoring KVR.. bastarthos!!!

BTW .. i dont know why they take it down. they should be happy.. IKM fans saving their money for IKM and not buying NeuralDSP or NI :tu:

Peter IK is with us, brothers. lurking about in spirit, like a ghost of KVR castle.

Ok Amplitube 5 but Mars? I don't get it

Got something to do with space. Space guitars. Atmospheric... Cosmic...

Gilmour?

Or brothers are simply jivin' us with that cosmik debris?

tappert wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm Ok Amplitube 5 but Mars? I don't get it
What did we expect? It's IK. More hyperbole nonsense to come.

"It's out of this world!"
"Guitar sounds from another planet!"
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Ray Leece wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:09 pm Got something to do with space. Space guitars. Atmospheric... Cosmic...

Gilmour?

Or brothers are simply jivin' us with that cosmik debris?
I am a big fan of space and echo delays. if they were to implement the space delays into AT 5 as an effect -- now that would be cool.

Amplitube 3 to 4 it was a jump from "ultra-realistic" to "hyper-realistic".

now from "hyper" to... alien sound? maybe "Dune" referenced? Harkonnen devastatoring? Atreides sonic blastering?

about time they squeeze that old Echoplex and the new Space Delay into AT. I'm not really expecting lots of new stuff, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I hope it's not just a disappointing "slight cosmetic surgery" update.
Last edited by Ray Leece on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I predict they just add all the fx they already sell (a la racks) and make the GUI scalable...same as NI did with GR6!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”