DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

misteraudio wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm Btw, where did the "Stop All Clips" go on the Pro Mk1? It used to be Shift+StopClip which now brings me into the swing menu. "Stop All Clips" according to the documentation is now Shift+Solo (Launchpad X right column 2nd last button from top) which are the Scene buttons on the Mk1 and the equal button doesn't stop all clips. The Shift+Solo on Mk1 enables/disables metronome.

Edit: Had a look again it's actually 2nd last column (not the scene buttons) but that red "Stop all clips" pad seems to be missing on the Pro mk1.
Seems I broke that when adding the Pro Mk3. Will add the button for the Pro models in the next update. I also updated the manual a bit which was a bit confusing in the Shift mode explanation.

moss wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:28 pmI also updated the manual a bit which was a bit confusing in the Shift mode explanation.
If it's any help I could do images specific for the Pro mk1 since you've been asking for volunteers for the documentation. The current launchpad one is quite extensive already so I'm not sure if it's intended to be split into the specific devices, or all integrated into one *.md like now? I was thinking using the current one as template, going through each function and updating it accordingly with pictures for the Pro mk1.

Using latest Driven By Moss for KKS61 Mk1 on Bitwig 3.3 beta 2. When I press the page keys on the KK, I see on Bitwig that I am switching between Driven By Moss pages, and can control the associated parameters from the KK knobs, but on the KK LED screens, I am seeing the parameters for the Komplete Kontrol plugin loaded on the instrument track, rather than the device parameters mapped to those knobs. When I turn them, it changes both the Bitwig device parameters (an instrument layer with KK and Bitwig plugins) and the Komplete Kontrol plugin instance. Please advise, thank you.

ihearanewworld wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:44 pm Using latest Driven By Moss for KKS61 Mk1 on Bitwig 3.3 beta 2. When I press the page keys on the KK, I see on Bitwig that I am switching between Driven By Moss pages, and can control the associated parameters from the KK knobs, but on the KK LED screens, I am seeing the parameters for the Komplete Kontrol plugin loaded on the instrument track, rather than the device parameters mapped to those knobs. When I turn them, it changes both the Bitwig device parameters (an instrument layer with KK and Bitwig plugins) and the Komplete Kontrol plugin instance. Please advise, thank you.
To understand that correctly: this issue arises if you use an instrument layer? Which device is selected to have this happen, the instrument layer?

Hi Moss I'm an SLMK3 user. Is there a way to turn off your version of light guide on the SLMK3 script?

By default the controller uses whatever light settings it has setup per midi channel. When I open Bitwig and run your script it turns all the lights off which is my attempt to turn off your version of light guide by setting "Enable Lightguide" to off. I personally don't see the point of adding Lightguide scales etc to the script when that's already built into the controller and I prefer the way the SLMK3 does it.

Anyway when the script takes over the light guide it messes it up for any other DAW I have open or want to use after closing Bitwig which is not ideal. Either the lights are completely off or whatever previous scale chosen in Bitwig stays active. This happens in Live, Logic etc because those DAWs assume you will be using the built-in lightguide behavior I'm assuming. Th only way to get the light guide back to it's default behavior is to reboot the device.

I personally prefer the functionality before you added light guide support to your script. Is there any way to remove or disable this in your script so that DrivenbyMoss does not touch the light guide on the SLMK3 and leaves that to the built in logic of the controller instead?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

DrivenByMoss 10.8.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • APC40
    • Fixed: Changing tempo in combination with Shift button left the shift mode active.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Crash when session mode was flipped and 8th row was active.
    • Fixed: Session grid was off by 1 if 8th row was active and long press was used (also crashed on 1st row).
    • Fixed: Stop all clips button was missing in Shift mode on Pro models.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • New: Converted knobs to new hardware API.
    • Fixed: Scene, pattern and fixed velocity with encoder knob did behave erroneous.
  • MCU
    • New: Converted knobs and faders to new hardware API.
    • Fixed: Page Up/Down (MCU MODE EQ / DYN) did not work.
  • SL Mk I + II
    • New: Converted knobs and faders to new hardware API.
    • New: Show all tracks in volume mode (no need to switch between instrument/audio tracks, effect tracks and master).
    • Fixed: Crash in sequencer/play mode.
  • SL Mk III
    • New: Out of scale keys of the light guide can now also be lit in dark grey. Select Chromatic in the document settings.
    • New: Converted faders and knobs to new hardware API.
    • Fixed: Switching modes did not work with single button presses.
Enjoy!

edit: Deleted

Moss,

I am a new Komplete Kontrol S25 user and I am stunned at what you have created. You are fulfilling a dream to have a dedicated keyboard controller with visual read out for software and DAW parameters and instruments. Thank you thank you!

I have read through the documentation for the Komplete Kontrol script, however, and I puzzled by something. The documentation state that there should be two Workflow items that relate to knob sensitivity. I do not see them when I go to the script settings in Btiwig. Are these settings only applicable to the MKIIs? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place for them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

papertiger wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 am Moss,

I am a new Komplete Kontrol S25 user and I am stunned at what you have created. You are fulfilling a dream to have a dedicated keyboard controller with visual read out for software and DAW parameters and instruments. Thank you thank you!

I have read through the documentation for the Komplete Kontrol script, however, and I puzzled by something. The documentation state that there should be two Workflow items that relate to knob sensitivity. I do not see them when I go to the script settings in Btiwig. Are these settings only applicable to the MKIIs? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place for them.

Ignore me. I am on an older version, 8.98, until Bitwig 3.3 drops and I upgrade. Sorry for the bother, Moss. Hopefully the new version the script will address the knob sensitivity question and some conflicts between the Komplete and Bitwig browsers (they are fighting for attention like children :hihi:)

thanks again for you work!

papertiger wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:08 am
papertiger wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 am Moss,

Ignore me. I am on an older version, 8.98, until Bitwig 3.3 drops and I upgrade. Sorry for the bother, Moss. Hopefully the new version the script will address the knob sensitivity question and some conflicts between the Komplete and Bitwig browsers (they are fighting for attention like children :hihi:)

thanks again for you work!
Speed settings are available for MkI since DrivenByMoss 10.7.0.

Moss, sorry stupid question.
How can I use your driver to control currently selected device parameters ("Remove control") on M32?
The only thing I can do with knobs is to change channels's volume and pan (with shift)

syabro wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:53 am Moss, sorry stupid question.
How can I use your driver to control currently selected device parameters ("Remove control") on M32?
The only thing I can do with knobs is to change channels's volume and pan (with shift)
It is simply not possible with the M32 and the A-series.

Hmm, okay. Another question:
I've tried flexi mode and it works. But I can't get feedback for the knob. I have to rotate the knob to match the parameter's position to change it. Is it a m32 limitation too?

syabro wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am Hmm, okay. Another question:
I've tried flexi mode and it works. But I can't get feedback for the knob. I have to rotate the knob to match the parameter's position to change it. Is it a m32 limitation too?
You need to configure the knobs to use one of the relative modes instead of absolute. Then configure the same relative mode in Generic Flexi. The editor for the M32 is in the Komplete standalone software.

Yay! Works great, thanks!
But if I close the Bitwig it selected Function's device becomes "off"
Any ideas why?

Return to “Controller Scripting”