Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb Redline Reverb Schroeder Reverb

and of course, there's even a thread called "thoughts on best reverb" Will the derp never end?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=551072&hilit=best+reverb

I actually thought it would be kind of cool to get a decent pair of large studio monitors, and set them up in a large space, play your sound or whatever and then rerecord the sound using a high quality mic
:borg:

^^ I sometimes do this to add 'environment' / ambience to tracks (particularly those made by vst synths) that sound too dry.

Even using a cheap mic and playing audio back out of a 80s ghetto blaster has produced effective at this.
Mixed in at a low level (or to taste) with the original track, your homemade re-recording can add depth etc to a thin or lifeless sound.

As always, watch out for any feedback / ringing effects when re-recording as well as any undesired phasing when mixing / aligning the re-recorded track with the original one.
I tend to highpass (to taste) the audio when playing it out of the ghetto blaster in order to avoid unwanted low frequencies in my re-recorded track. (I then remove this highpass again from the original track when the two tracks are ready for mixing together).

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 am
christian f. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 pm Aether and B2 are amazing.
+1
+1

Melda MTurboReverb

Alexander

.jon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:55 am Oil River is 0 eur

Then use the remaining 250 to get something that makes an actual difference for your music.
Definitely this before spending any money. Then get Supermassive for free. I can't remember if that was only free for existing customers though? If so get ValhallaVinatgeVerb and then supermassive. That should cover most things. For spring reverb - Spirit Reverb.

Supermassive is free for everyone

I see the question as a "all around reverb". Now, I love Blackhole but that is a very specific reverb.
Same goes for almost all answers ppl made here. I dont understand Kvr answers... Reverb is not only about taste, for most its about purpose.

I would say Exponential Audio R2 is a great go to reverb, I use it for early reflections and reverb. You need a lot of settings if you need an "all around" reverb. For me this thread could be good if ppl actually explained about their all around reverbs.

The Lexicon package is nice too I would think (dont own it)..

ValhallaRoom is nice but not really "all around". Too few parameters...

cnt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 pm I would say Exponential Audio R2 is a great go to reverb, I use it for early reflections and reverb. You need a lot of settings if you need an "all around" reverb. For me this thread could be good if ppl actually explained about their all around reverbs.
If I would be forced to use one reverb only, then it'd probably be either R2 or NI Raum. Both are quite versatile.

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:13 pm I actually thought it would be kind of cool to get a decent pair of large studio monitors, and set them up in a large space, play your sound or whatever and then rerecord the sound using a high quality mic
If I remember correctly, this is exactly what DM did with People are people. Blast throughout the studio building and recorded the ambiance.

(Surprised to not see 2CAudio Breeze (now at sale for 99 bucks) or Zynaptiq Adaptiverb in this thread. Anyway: Supermassive, SP2016 and MCharmverb for me.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

D16 Group: Spacerek
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

SparkySpark wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:06 pm
(Surprised to not see 2CAudio Breeze (now at sale for 99 bucks) or Zynaptiq Adaptiverb in this thread.
OK. i didn't want to get involved in yet another reverb thread, but here goes:

I recommend 2Caudio Breeze, my favourite reverb.

i wouldn't pay 250$ for a reverb even at gunpoint
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Paying more than 99eur for any effect plugin is madness

Companies like Valhalla, TDR, Voxengo, Klanghelm and ToneBoosters set the price level. There's tons of more expensive plugins, and none of them are worth the extra cost. You're paying for marketing campaigns and hot air.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm
cnt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 pm I would say Exponential Audio R2 is a great go to reverb, I use it for early reflections and reverb. You need a lot of settings if you need an "all around" reverb. For me this thread could be good if ppl actually explained about their all around reverbs.
If I would be forced to use one reverb only, then it'd probably be either R2 or NI Raum. Both are quite versatile.
raum is bloody awesome, especially as a giveaway, but even if id paid 50-100 for it i think id be happy, as you say, some versatily indeed!

between raum and the blackholeesque reaktor ensemble whos name escapes me right now (dark star maybe?) my soft reverbs are covered.
that said, im not really in to basic room/real space stuff. i like reverbs you can get lost in.

.jon wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm Paying more than 99eur for any effect plugin is madness. Companies like Valhalla, TDR, Voxengo, Klanghelm and ToneBoosters set the price level. There's tons of more expensive plugins, and none of them are worth the extra cost. You're paying for marketing campaigns and hot air.
That's a rightful opinion based on personal subjective experience.

Return to “Effects”