Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yehboy1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm Does the NI 50% off plugins/expansions usually begin on Nov. 1st?
Related question, can you use NI vouchers during BF? Or do you always need to spend at least $25 to use their $25 vouchers?

monomox wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:58 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm Does the NI 50% off plugins/expansions usually begin on Nov. 1st?
Related question, can you use NI vouchers during BF? Or do you always need to spend at least $25 to use their $25 vouchers?
They don't let you spend vouchers on sale items, which makes them useless to all but a few people crazy enough to pay full price :scared:

do you guys think MDrummer will be again 50% off for BF?

PS thanks Digivolt

monomox wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:29 pm do you guys think MDrummer will be again 50% off for BF?

PS thanks Digivolt
I did a search of previous melda bf sales and for each year there entire library was half price for bf. No guarantee, but I think it is highly likely.

monomox wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:29 pm do you guys think MDrummer will be again 50% off for BF?
It's still 50% off right now, at least at DontCrack. Be sure to sign up for the forums to gain access to the "Private Deals Zone" - MDrummer rings up at $122 with that coupon.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm
It's still 50% off right now, at least at DontCrack. Be sure to sign up for the forums to gain access to the "Private Deals Zone" - MDrummer rings up at $122 with that coupon.
Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I'm just disappointed that my first choice, Jamstix, is a pain in the a**. Sometimes it gets stuck in half-time (the dimwit), sometimes dragging the midi doesn't work (glitchy pos), the default for every style is 20 ms after the beat (the lazy m.f., even after I threw a chair at it), I've tried everything to keep it from removing kicks, it's just a pain and right now I hate it and I don't enjoy the idea of throwing more money at the problem. I just need to demo MDrummer, I suppose.

monomox wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:45 pm Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I'm just disappointed that my first choice, Jamstix, is a pain in the a**. Sometimes it gets stuck in half-time (the dimwit), sometimes dragging the midi doesn't work (glitchy pos), the default for every style is 20 ms after the beat (the lazy m.f., even after I threw a chair at it), I've tried everything to keep it from removing kicks, it's just a pain and right now I hate it and I don't enjoy the idea of throwing more money at the problem.
Seems like Rayzoon emulated a human drummer a little bit TOO well!

Yeah, I feel you. I've got Jamstix and most expansions as well, and I love what it is supposed to do, but there's no question it's harder than it should be to make it do it. You seem to have put considerably more effort into it than I have, which worries me a bit.

I did end up jumping on MDrummer based on reviewing the tutorials and the like, although I only just finished downloading everything and installing last night so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I still haven't figured out whether MDrummer will do any kind of actual honest-to-God pattern generation, or if it only offers a lot of clever and flexible ways to combine pre-existing patterns or create your own. But even if it only does the minimum of what I think it does, it'll still be a much faster path to a decent drum line.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 pm I still haven't figured out whether MDrummer will do any kind of actual honest-to-God pattern generation, or if it only offers a lot of clever and flexible ways to combine pre-existing patterns or create your own. But even if it only does the minimum of what I think it does, it'll still be a much faster path to a decent drum line.
This is the video that made me think it can do what I think it can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6wuv26u1bE

dup

monomox wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:58 pm
50% off all NI products, including Expansions, should start next month. I am guessing second or third week of November based on the previous years trends. Don't see it starting in the first week of November.

You cannot use the NI e-vouchers during BF sale, since the products will be already discounted by half. That does not mean you can add two products to the cart and apply voucher. You can only use them on full versions of any software.

E-vouchers are ONLY really worth it and useful for ANY Expansions ($49) or Play Series instruments ($49-$69). At most you could use them for a $99 product if you really like it.

That said, I would highly recommend keeping the e-voucher unused for this year (assuming it will be valid for some time into the next year). Why? The products will be 50% next month anyway and then in December we have the free gifts and holiday e-voucher, which can be used multiple times on separate orders.

monomox wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 am
Ceej wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 pm I still haven't figured out whether MDrummer will do any kind of actual honest-to-God pattern generation, or if it only offers a lot of clever and flexible ways to combine pre-existing patterns or create your own.
This is the video that made me think it can do what I think it can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6wuv26u1bE
Yeah, I've seen that one and the earlier one in the same series. I'm pretty sure all the variation there is coming from manually-created patterns, either included with MDrummer or written by Chandler. There's no "Artificial Intelligence" in there, I don't think. Which is not necessarily a bad thing! The results are pretty compelling nonetheless.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Plugin Alliance $25 voucher if someone wants:
2020-10-25-9D5LZ (expires today)

Here's another $25 voucher for Plugin Alliance that expires today:
2020-10-25-QPNJ4

And another $25 one: 2020-10-25-BKJZE

Your $50 Loyalty Voucher expires TODAY!
(October 28 - 11:59 PM California Time)

2020-10-50-R3SDM

I haven't used my last 3 month's vouchers. PA needs to make these more compelling again like they used to be.
Lately they're making the minimum spend so high that it doesn't meet my $29 maximum cutoff. Oh well. Their loss.

Please use if you like. Post once used so others won't waste their time.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”