SKnote is not responding to my emails (got a reply - all good)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i want to sell my SKnote plugins and asked him about it 4 weeks ago. I've written two more emails, but never got an answer.

Is this normal? What is your experience selling your SKnote licenses?

Thank you
Last edited by mi-os on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately, it's been the normal thing. I would try to find him in GS or here and nag him.
I still have an unanswered message from September 2018. Kind of tells the story.
It's sad though, some of his plugins are really good. But I won't touch them again.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I had a successful licence transfer in 2016 for Specter+Balance. I had to remind him a couple of days later, but that's all. :shrug:

I've tried to be as respectful and friendly as possible and it worked.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks for your comments guys.

I asked him very respectful (as always). I mean there was no reason to do otherwise.

I've just written him a PM.

Just got a reply. It's all good now.

Had to withdraw some Sknote plugins from the marketplace once because he didn’t respond to my licence transfer requests. Haven’t tried selling Sknote stuff since. Brilliant developer, though 🙂

mi-os wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:38 pm Just got a reply. It's all good now.
How did you get a hold of him? I'm having the same exact issue right now.

TMaudio wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:19 pm
I wrote him a PM here on kvr.

mi-os wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:07 pm
TMaudio wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:19 pm
I wrote him a PM here on kvr.
Thanks

Similar situation to others here, he dragged his feet forever on a license transfer, apparently ignoring my e-mails. It appears to be a common experience.
A well-behaved signature.

Do things ever get fixed too? I bought AnyGauss as my first SKNote plugin in February and there are some major bugs with it but now seems totally abandoned. I have asked when fixes are coming and issues have been acknowledged but nothing done. I am slowly coming to realisation reading other threads that other plugins are released and then abandoned like this

from experience, devs who don't benefit from a transfer fee always take their time with it. there is no policy, no conditions set on these things. no conditions = no responsibilities. "you don't pay me, I don't owe you". it is done entirely at will. all devs should introduce a reasonable fee to keep themselves interested and generate an additional income. then the specific time constraints for a transfer can be set.

Ray Leece wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 am from experience, devs who don't benefit from a transfer fee always take their time with it. there is no policy, no conditions set on these things. no conditions = no responsibilities. "you don't pay me, I don't owe you". it is done entirely at will. all devs should introduce a reasonable fee to keep themselves interested and generate an additional income. then the specific time constraints for a transfer can be set.
I'm not against transfer fees, but in the interest of their business, good, basic customer service should keep them interested.

it's not a "basic customer service", license transfers. iLok and Plugin Alliance charge up to 20-25$ per license, which can be a lot of money depending on how many licenses you move. if SKnote charged this much, which almost equals the intro price of their plugins, I bet they'd be interested in moving as many as they possibly could.

then again, you are not refused the transfer entirely, but they set no time constraint on it. and since you don't pay anything, you are in no position to demand quick transfers. there's no conditions set. in fact, in Quinto's place, I'd just tell people to either pay for it or terminate the option for transfers altogether. it's not like every company provides you with this option, anyway. some just don't, take it or leave it.

Ray Leece wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 am it's not a "basic customer service", license transfers. iLok and Plugin Alliance charge up to 20-25$ per license, which can be a lot of money depending on how many licenses you move. if SKnote charged this much, which almost equals the intro price of their plugins, I bet they'd be interested in moving as many as they possibly could.

then again, you are not refused the transfer entirely, but they set no time constraint on it. and since you don't pay anything, you are in no position to demand quick transfers. there's no conditions set. in fact, in Quinto's place, I'd just tell people to either pay for it or terminate the option for transfers altogether. it's not like every company provides you with this option, anyway. some just don't, take it or leave it.
You are missing the point. It would be in your best interest as a business operator to be responsive and essentially not ignore customers regardless of the task. Nobody is forcing you to work for free. And that is understandable, like I said, I am not against transfer fees. But to neglect customer requests, especially supportive, paying customers, is not in the best interest of your business. That's basic customer service. I would rather pay a $5 transfer fee for example, and have a normal 2-day or so response rather than 2 weeks of radio silence. This is basic business 101.

Return to “Effects”