Which are the really good free synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excuse me please wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:20 pm King of heretics.
thats a 4th dude.

bit taller.

Also have to mention Farbrausch V2. Great synth.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

TyrellN6, Podolski and Zebralette...my kingdom for a larger GUI on Zebralette :)

GoldieK wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:57 pm TyrellN6, Podolski and Zebralette...my kingdom for a larger GUI on Zebralette :)
You can hand over the keys to your kingdom to u-he now - scalable UI in the latest update:

https://u-he.com/products/zebralette/

biscuitdough wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:09 pm It's understandable since vst 2 is not supported anymore , and it 's possible to license it for new developers , instead vst3 is the only option
Don't know the exact details ( someone will correct me when wrong )

VST isn't an open format. It's Steinberg proprietary, but they formerly made it easy for other developers and even competitors to use. They decided to stop supporting VST2 except for certain cases, which ultimately meant only big developers could still use it.

Unfortunately, VST3 is/was not as easy to develop for - supposedly they've made some updates to the developer kit since the announcement. I'm not a dev so I can't say for sure what changed.

I wonder if a truly open standard like Linux's LV2 will come to Windows because of this.
It was a typo from my part , I meant it was now impossible instead of possible to get vst 2 licenses
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Too bad EnergyXT doesn't support vst3, but oh well. There's always Reaper :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

KHS One is free for a limited time with code APGONE. Nice freebie.

Still my favorite swiss army knife of analog synths emulation: Xhip.
Can do all the vintage Rolands, Prophets and Oberheims.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Xhip is nice. Should use it more :)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 pm
biscuitdough wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:09 pm It's understandable since vst 2 is not supported anymore , and it 's possible to license it for new developers , instead vst3 is the only option
Don't know the exact details ( someone will correct me when wrong )

VST isn't an open format. It's Steinberg proprietary, but they formerly made it easy for other developers and even competitors to use. They decided to stop supporting VST2 except for certain cases, which ultimately meant only big developers could still use it.

Unfortunately, VST3 is/was not as easy to develop for - supposedly they've made some updates to the developer kit since the announcement. I'm not a dev so I can't say for sure what changed.

I wonder if a truly open standard like Linux's LV2 will come to Windows because of this.
It was a typo from my part , I meant it was now impossible instead of possible to get vst 2 licenses
Right. I was adding the details that I had picked up.

nothing

loads there is, search the kvr database you must. Yoda 2020

AnX wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:27 pmnothing
cheer up, friday soon!

speaking of, i was at rosies last week for her birthday, some kids tv on, with a rabbit called bing, his best friend is called charlie.

Sounds frightening to be honest. A rabbit called Charlie !? :scared: :o Roger i get, but Charlie !?

Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:31 pm KHS One is free for a limited time with code APGONE. Nice freebie.
Thanks for that one :tu:

Return to “Instruments”