Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to all of you. This discussion saved me some money.

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:03 pm Thanks to all of you. This discussion saved me some money.
:tu: :tu: :tu: :party: :party: :party: :hug:

the-rippa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:09 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:03 pm Thanks to all of you. This discussion saved me some money.
I will use some hours of the weekend, watch the video and figure out some new things I can do with the tons of Melda stuff I ALREADY HAVE. They will lock us down in Germany on Monday, so ... lots of time available.

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:15 pm
the-rippa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:09 pm
I will use some hours of the weekend, watch the video and figure out some new things I can do with the tons of Melda stuff I ALREADY HAVE. They will lock us down in Germany on Monday, so ... lots of time available.
Yeah. This virus is crazy......

Stay safe my friend !!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:24 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 am
Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:28 am So the Sonnox annual sale is on and both Oxford Inflator and Transmod are heavily reduced beyond 50% to ₤28.5 which is really great value!
What I was going to say is wait for Audio Deluxe to list them as part of the November sales as there will likely be further discount applied in cart, thats how I bought Inflator last year for $68 which at the time seemed amazing, now Im staring at it at nearly half of that price wondering if I should buy a second license :P
Interesting, Plugin Boutique lists the Sonnox sale as lasting from 29 Oct - December 3, 2020

I've been curious about Inflator....
It took really long time from Sonnox to go down in price with their products. When I purchased the Eq 12 years ago, it was the state of the art Eq in that time, and the high price was accepted and motivated.
Sonnox treated in the shitty way their customers, who paid $ 200+ of their products, with the updates. They demand huge amount money of the updates. I own 3 Sonnox ”Oxford” plugins I newer updated and haven’t used since I updated DAW years ago.

Sonnox kept the higher prices untili these days, although the music software markets changed totally long time ago, and much better products, including Eqs have entered by other developers.

Sonnox lived in their own bubble. I wasted hundreds for this rotten company. But that’s life. 🖕
What do they charge for updates? I like how transmod sounds, but I’m unsure of what their updates usually sell for.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:34 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:24 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 am
Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:28 am So the Sonnox annual sale is on and both Oxford Inflator and Transmod are heavily reduced beyond 50% to ₤28.5 which is really great value!
What I was going to say is wait for Audio Deluxe to list them as part of the November sales as there will likely be further discount applied in cart, thats how I bought Inflator last year for $68 which at the time seemed amazing, now Im staring at it at nearly half of that price wondering if I should buy a second license :P
Interesting, Plugin Boutique lists the Sonnox sale as lasting from 29 Oct - December 3, 2020

I've been curious about Inflator....
It took really long time from Sonnox to go down in price with their products. When I purchased the Eq 12 years ago, it was the state of the art Eq in that time, and the high price was accepted and motivated.
Sonnox treated in the shitty way their customers, who paid $ 200+ of their products, with the updates. They demand huge amount money of the updates. I own 3 Sonnox ”Oxford” plugins I newer updated and haven’t used since I updated DAW years ago.

Sonnox kept the higher prices untili these days, although the music software markets changed totally long time ago, and much better products, including Eqs have entered by other developers.

Sonnox lived in their own bubble. I wasted hundreds for this rotten company. But that’s life. 🖕
What do they charge for updates? I like how transmod sounds, but I’m unsure of what their updates usually sell for.
Don't know if this is any help ????

https://sonnox.freshdesk.com/support/so ... t-version-

soundbylaura wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:00 pm Same. Got the demo. Put it on some drums. Huh, stuff is louder. A/B'd it with MV2 and it sounded exactly the same. Uninstalled.
I "accidentally" won the Sonnox Elite bundle at the charity auction two years ago but never used it. This discussion made me fire it up for the first time.

Even if it is "only" a waveshaper, I do like what it does. It is very subtle, but it is definitely there. I will probably use it more often in the future. Quite obviously, there are other plugins that will do the same though.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I will quote my own post here.
v1o wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 pm Reaktor users should probably try this one. I can get it so close to Inflator that any differences are honestly quite negligible.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/9777/
I have also found I can get similar-ish results using the magware CM Waveshaper and adjusting the mix percentage.

Here is what Mr Frindle (formerly of Sonnox and SSL) said when asked to demystify exactly what sort of process Inflator does over at GS. I just wish the company would have been more open.

Let me try in a few sentences :-)

The Inflator is basically a kind of distortion generator that gives the impression of greater loudness by producing the harmonic cues we naturally associate with loud programme.

It isn't a conventional compressor or limiter, in the sense that it does NOT actually change gain in response to programme in a direct way. However with the effect set at maximum it will naturally prevent sample value overs due to the nature (or side effect) of the process. Lower effect settings can be useful if character harmonics (warmth and the like) are desired but peak level control isn't a priority (i.e. in single tracks etc.)..

Because it produces extra harmonics (more frequency content), the output programme actually has a higher average content. In other words, the average level does increase, but the peak level does not.

The Curve control varies the nature of the effect from minimum where the programme seems to be expanded (increased dynamic range) - through half way where the dynamic range seems least affected - to maximum where the programme is loudest and seems to have some degree of dynamic compression.

And finally the big bonus is - because it's NOT a comp/limiter, it can be used AS WELL as your usual compression - not necessarily instead :-)

I hope this helps :-)
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Inflator's bandsplit mode is probably useful for more complex material (full mixes, busses, ...), if it produces less intermodulation artifacts.

Guys I just posted Best Service's Halloween coupon for 20 euro off anything 99 euro or more in cart - worked like a charm, just upgraded my 'on the list' Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 upgrade, so $79. Very happy as dont believe it'll drop much more (if at all) for Black Friday, now I can heave a sigh of relief its done :)

Code is Wow20 and can be used multiple times for different orders, apparently. Will find out soon enough as I'm tempted to take advantage of this discount as Best Service gives back Best Coin too.

What about this quote?

"Nailing the tone for Post Malone: Producer Louis Bell on Creating #1 Hits

[...] Bell, whose own string of successes — among them DJ Snake’s massive 2016 hit “Let Me Love You,” and Camila Cabello’s crossover hit “Havana”— reveal a savvy, well-informed producer[...]

A really cool tool that I also love is the Sonnox Oxford Inflator. Throw that on vocals and you can press them to the point where they have a brightness and a volume that you can't get with any other effect."

https://www.uaudio.com/blog/louis-bell- ... st-malone/

And why do Hyperbits and other tutorial-makers recommend it?...

Insanelysane wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 am Guys I just posted Best Service's Halloween coupon for 20 euro off anything 99 euro or more in cart - worked like a charm, just upgraded my 'on the list' Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 upgrade, so $79. Very happy as dont believe it'll drop much more (if at all) for Black Friday, now I can heave a sigh of relief its done :)

Code is Wow20 and can be used multiple times for different orders, apparently. Will find out soon enough as I'm tempted to take advantage of this discount as Best Service gives back Best Coin too.
Email I got says "The codes are applicable for every order starting at $99" but it says the discount is 20 euros, and it only lists the prices in euros. So is the minimum actually € 99?

At current exchange rates $99 = € 84.72

€ 99 = $115.69

[Edit: surprisingly products that the email lists as € X are $ X on the website---same number but in dollars.]

[Edit: yes, when currency is set to $ it works for anything > $99, but in dollars the promo code only takes off -19.71, whereas € 20 = $ 23.37---though $(99-19.71) = $79.29 < $92.32 = $(115.69-23.37) ]

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:57 am [Edit: surprisingly products that the email lists as € X are $ X on the website---same number but in dollars.]
Exchange rate and VAT approximately cancel each other out. This is just an educated guess but it seems that many sellers just list the same price to keep things simple.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:57 am
Insanelysane wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 am Guys I just posted Best Service's Halloween coupon for 20 euro off anything 99 euro or more in cart - worked like a charm, just upgraded my 'on the list' Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 upgrade, so $79. Very happy as dont believe it'll drop much more (if at all) for Black Friday, now I can heave a sigh of relief its done :)

Email I got says "The codes are applicable for every order starting at $99" but it says the discount is 20 euros, and it only lists the prices in euros. So is the minimum actually € 99?

At current exchange rates $99 = € 84.72

€ 99 = $115.69

[Edit: surprisingly products that the email lists as € X are $ X on the website---same number but in dollars.]

[Edit: yes, when currency is set to $ it works for anything > $99, but in dollars the promo code only takes off -19.71, whereas € 20 = $ 23.37---though $(99-19.71) = $79.29 < $92.32 = $(115.69-23.37) ]
All I know is I use $ as my currency on Best Service site, as in the past its been CHEAPER in $$ than Euro, dont know how it stacks these days. For The Orchestra Complete 2 Upgrade, in my cart it was $99 and then with the discount it was $79, thats all I can say. Try it and you'll see it worked without needing to spend more.

the-rippa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 pm :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:..... :tu: returned

That's exactly how it happened with me.

I installed it, put it on a few tracks and was like "WOW" this is amazing. Then i thought, actually i need to level match this and do the bypass thingy...

There's absolutely no difference in sound. Nothing. I was really disappointed.....

Uninstalled...
:tu: Returned again. :hug:

We don't see this often here. A discussion that helped "avoid" a purchase, especially considering we were/are discussing about a plugin (Sonnox Inflator, for context sake) that has been a well-regarded, secret weapon for over a decade.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”