Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Wow, the drums sound great!
I wonder if they hired The Darkness to write that track?

That's probably MODO DRUM.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

the SE version is missing what models?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

tappert wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 pm Looks like AT5 SE is the new name for Amplitube standard edition and AT5 is the new Deluxe one. Am I wrong?
That is how I read it.

Too many versions! :dog:

IK are the absolute worst for this- You buy a full version, then they do a 'Deluxe' version, then a 'Total' version, then a MAX Version...then Total MAX! I cant keep up!

HELIX (for example) just one version, you get everything, all new amps/fx free (there have been 100's added since launch and it hasn't cost me a penny), you can use any pre-set from anyone. So much simpler for a humble guitarist like me and no FOMO!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

again, why is anyone sort of surprised? did they exhibit antics any different from previous? no, they didn't. it was to be expected. you need to stop complying to this stuff over and over.

thankfully, amp sims today go a long way since you sort of had GR, Amplitube, Pod Farm, this limited number of choices. do a research. lots of great things happening in various price ranges. big devs, small devs. in fact, small devs have the upper hand if terms of quality of the amps these days. merely taking Italy alone in this context, people like Luca Capozzi and Igor Nembrini will kick the dust out of your generic amp sim assorti all for a very humble intro price.

if you don't like the way you're treated, you part ways, sell the old shenanigans and move on. you free yourself. in this case, truth be told, it's not even worth all the headache you go through, admit it.

I disagree with you. IK A4 in the box has remained with Sgear my most used with other FX. I was hard pressed to by a hardware pedal until Pod Go and Simplifier for the price. Meaning no way in hell was I going for ultra pricing of supposedly better hardware to attain what I had in the box already.

I tweak the helll out of things. Learn the tools and you will get your freedom.

It is one of the main advantages of Line6 HELIX for some, it is a hardware solution for Stage with an identical ITB solution for the studio...(although there is no doubt the Helix Native solution is somewhat restricted in certain areas as it has to remain compatible with the hardware...so pros and cons as with everything)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

what "learning tools" has got to do with customers not being appreciative of the way they are treated by the company, be it pricing schemes, upgrade schemes, quality of social interactions, transparency of the information requested?

this is not about whether you can or can't get a good sound out of Amplitube or, say, Nembrini amp or Neural amp. other issues are being discussed.

when I decide to invest my money into any software, I don't just listen to the demos to make my decision, I invest time to find out whether the actual developer is worth my time and money (and my potential headache), as some of them, lets be honest, are better to be avoided at all times, regardless if their product's good or not. because eventually you'll have to deal with them personally through support ticket or social forums, be it bugs you discover and want fixed, version upgrades, transfers, etc.

BiasFX and the 512 buffer is about all I can place in that category then.

you don't make enough sense to me to grace you with an answer. the desire of that is definitely fading.

stop derailing the conversation into something it's not. I see IKM customers over a few music forums and other social outlets discussing Amplitube 5 release and they, to put it lightly, are not happy with it. one guy happy, ten unhappy. it means there's a problem and someone at IKM marketing department is not doing a great job at what he's doing. the real question is, does the company care at all if their customers are mostly happy after they put something out?

MixBox was released just recently and you must still remember the unbelievable, unprecedented, just madhouse that was going on. I've never seen people being so badly disappointed with any other product for a while. there's definitely issues at this company that can't be dismissed. if every product release causes this sort of mental asylum break and the constant controversy and conflict with their customers, means the company is not doing some things right.

jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:11 am
35 seconds into the video: "STELLAR NEW SOUND ENGINE"

Remastered classic gear

• Fully redesigned power amps section with new impedance matching

• Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop

Y'all can calm down now.
(Snipped for posterity)

yeah, i saw all the marketing mumbo jumbo. It still reads to me like they are evading answering straight forward -- was anything updated in collections that were released for AT 4 or does the "new" just refer to new gear that was not part of AT 4 in any way.

Either way, all will be rvealed when the thing actually gets released and we can download and try it and hear it to see how it compares to the old AT 4 stuff, Neural and others on the market.

I don't care much for the fancier GUI but I do use the utilities a lot. The custom preset filter I use a lot and have the song and project names in the metadata of the preset. I find the preset browser is a little clunky and could use some functionality improvements. I am looking forward to see if they did anything or they just made it prettier.

The 8 track I also use often in my workflow. I dump a rough mix of a track from maschine into a track in AT and then try out little guitar ideas before I move to my main DAW. Any improvements there could be handy.

The resizable GUI would also be welcome. And of course, to hear how it compares to newer sim software technology that was released on the market in last 24 months. From my end user persoective on sims, they all kind of sound a little different but similar to previous versions of their releases. IKM AT have that AT sound, NI GR has that GR sound, TRU has that TRU sound. For someone just getting into the IKM AT ecosystem, I don't deny, it's a great little deal. But for people that already paid for a lot of what was in AT 4, you are basically looking at a whopping upgrade price of > $100 or $150 to get a "remastered" version of what you already own. This is the point where you need to decide, do you want to invest in a different software that truly does sound and behave differently. AT has been on the market for what, 10 or 15 years now? A lot of new players in that market space have entered trying to take market share. Lots of options for people who like amp sims.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:39 am yeah, i saw all the marketing mumbo jumbo. It still reads to me like they are evading answering straight forward -- was anything updated in collections that were released for AT 4 or does the "new" just refer to new gear that was not part of AT 4 in any way.

Either way, all will be rvealed when the thing actually gets released and we can download and try it and hear it to see how it compares to the old AT 4 stuff, Neural and others on the market.
The current generation modelling started with Mesa for AT3. The Slash models were updated around 2015 to the match the standard of the AT4 Marshalls.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

telecode wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:39 am AT has been on the market for what, 10 or 15 years now?
Closer to 20 years (2002?), seems like 50. At least they seem to have rethought the 24/7 IK enforcer goon presence here at KVR.

electro wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 am
telecode wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:39 am yeah, i saw all the marketing mumbo jumbo. It still reads to me like they are evading answering straight forward -- was anything updated in collections that were released for AT 4 or does the "new" just refer to new gear that was not part of AT 4 in any way.

The current generation modelling started with Mesa for AT3. The Slash models were updated around 2015 to the match the standard of the AT4 Marshalls.
So its been 5+ years.. AT 5 better sound very different from AT 4 then!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Effects”