Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Inflator question got me interested. So I tried try to null a processed channel with the original audio. Interesting and weird results, highlighting either the lower level background, or the transients with distortion, depending on the settings. I couldn't get it to null

That said some settings are closer to null, but still quite far off from an actual null, even with 100% effect, depending on where the curve is.

What I'm hearing is not that far off from Vertigo VSM-3, although that has a lot more options.

Honestly I can say don't buy it, or I could say buy it. In the end that's up to you! To me it sounds like it's doing a similar thing to what I often use compression for, which is to emphasize the transients, or to bring up lower level detail, however it does a much cleaner job of it than compression.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

it's a glorified waveshaper. (frankly vast majority of saturation plugins and preamps and tube drives and tape sims are)
reminds me of True Iron.

it's not necessarily bad, but it's nothing magical about it

Halloween deal: SSL Native X-saturator plug-in - over 80% off!
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/catalog/31
COUPON CODE: XSAT1999
Last edited by paulo72 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have you guys found anything particularly cool and price worthy at Best Service with the 20 EUR off? My best find so far has been the MusicLab guitars that are already on 30% sale. RealRick for example ends up at 79 EUR now which is pretty good (MusicLab don't usually do more than 30% off if I remember correctly).

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:10 am
the-rippa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 pm :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:..... :tu: returned

That's exactly how it happened with me.

I installed it, put it on a few tracks and was like "WOW" this is amazing. Then i thought, actually i need to level match this and do the bypass thingy...

There's absolutely no difference in sound. Nothing. I was really disappointed.....

Uninstalled...
:tu: Returned again. :hug:

We don't see this often here. A discussion that helped "avoid" a purchase, especially considering we were/are discussing about a plugin (Sonnox Inflator, for context sake) that has been a well-regarded, secret weapon for over a decade.
I definitely could have spent more time with the demo, tried it on different content, but for me this is one of those "only thinking about buying it because it's on deep discount, not because I want or need it" plugs. So yeah, thanks to everyone for a good discussion. :tu:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Another $29 PA code for the usual suspects: HLLWN-2999
Have you tried Vital?

Guess what? Waves is having a Halloween Sale! But hurry up, it expires at November 2nd :hihi:

Insanelysane wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 am Guys I just posted Best Service's Halloween coupon for 20 euro off anything 99 euro or more in cart - worked like a charm, just upgraded my 'on the list' Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 upgrade, so $79. Very happy as dont believe it'll drop much more (if at all) for Black Friday, now I can heave a sigh of relief its done :)

Code is Wow20 and can be used multiple times for different orders, apparently. Will find out soon enough as I'm tempted to take advantage of this discount as Best Service gives back Best Coin too.
So it is $99 for me to upgrade. I have to spend something like $113 to use it. Anyone have any ideas for something that is $14 or so? :dog:

dzilizzi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:25 pm
Insanelysane wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 am Guys I just posted Best Service's Halloween coupon for 20 euro off anything 99 euro or more in cart - worked like a charm, just upgraded my 'on the list' Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 upgrade, so $79. Very happy as dont believe it'll drop much more (if at all) for Black Friday, now I can heave a sigh of relief its done :)

Code is Wow20 and can be used multiple times for different orders, apparently. Will find out soon enough as I'm tempted to take advantage of this discount as Best Service gives back Best Coin too.
So it is $99 for me to upgrade. I have to spend something like $113 to use it. Anyone have any ideas for something that is $14 or so? :dog:
As I mentioned it works for $99 and up, at least when your currency is $. Exchange rate isn't applied.

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:47 pm More than 90 free plugins - Computer Magazine's archive.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/downloa ... w-giveaway
Don't shoot the messenger.
Thank you for posting a link to a list of included plugs. So few AAX it's almost not worth my time. We'll see.

The site is getting hammered, lol.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Hehe, FileSilo was always slow, but, that should put the final straw for it. :)

FileSilo < the camel's back is broken

Ye, FileSilo is almost horrible on a lone sunny sunday morning. It's deadened now.

andi75 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm Guess what? Waves is having a Halloween Sale! But hurry up, it expires at November 2nd :hihi:
Wow! They hardly ever have sales! I should go check it out!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:D

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:28 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:25 pm

As I mentioned it works for $99 and up, at least when your currency is $. Exchange rate isn't applied.
I'm saying it didn't work on something that was $99. It told me I needed to spend around $112 something to use it.

Edit - okay found the problem. You cannot use Best Service Bucks to pay if you are using this coupon. When I tried without using my $4 in bucks, it worked fine.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”