How would your music sound in a perfect room? A supernatural reverb from denise

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Perfect Room

Can you kick Plugin boutique to put the latest up. I'm fed up with checking....

In a perfect room id have Exponential or Valhalla

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to share a review of the Perfect Room in Sound on Sound Magazine:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/de ... rfect-room

What would you say to their assessment of the plugin?

Best,
Joe
Denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.deniseaudio.com

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed some small updates for the Perfect Room and the update is now available in your library.

https://www.denise.io/me/library

We've updated the following:
  • Updated GUI style
  • Updated protection scheme: making all instances save state after activation
  • CPU optimisation: shorter 'tail' lengths will be lighter on the CPU
  • Preset name is now saved in state
Resizable GUI's will be coming in a bigger update, soon.

Best,
Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

Denise.Audio wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:46 pm Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed some small updates for the Perfect Room and the update is now available in your library.

• Updated GUI style

Best,
Joe
What about Pluginboutique, is it there too?

simmo75 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 pm
Denise.Audio wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:46 pm Hi all,

• Updated GUI style

Best,
Joe
What about Pluginboutique, is it there too?
Hi Simon, yes they're also there now!
www.deniseaudio.com

Hi all,

I'm happy to inform you of new updates in your denise libraries...

The Perfect range of reverbs (i.e. the Perfect Room, the Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL) have all received small updates to improve their functionality.

- Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL are now version 1.0.2 and solve the audio export issue with certain DAWs
- Perfect Room is now version 1.2.1 and solves the audio export issue with certain DAWs.
- One preset with a loud output has been updated in the Perfect Room.
- The Perfect Room now has a resizable GUI.

https://youtu.be/N-2dTaG9Rj4

You can find the Perfect Room v. 1.2.1. in your libraries at www.denise.io/ and if you are yet to own a copy of this plugin, now might be a good time to take advantage of our ongoing sale. Find out more information on our website

All the best,
Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

Shall we await Plugin Boutique?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm Hi all,

The Perfect range of reverbs (i.e. the Perfect Room, the Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL) have all received small updates to improve their functionality.

- Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL are now version 1.0.2 and solve the audio export issue with certain DAWs
- Perfect Room is now version 1.2.1 and solves the audio export issue with certain DAWs.

You can find the Perfect Room v. 1.2.1. in your libraries at www.denise.io/ and if you are yet to own a copy of this plugin, now might be a good time to take advantage of our ongoing sale. Find out more information on our website

All the best,
Joe
Just wanted to let you know that the latest update is BROKEN as it instantly hard crashes Studio One 5 (when trying to open saved session) and Cubase 11 instantly.Mac, Big Sur.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:37 pm
Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm Hi all,

All the best,
Joe
Just wanted to let you know that the latest update is BROKEN as it instantly hard crashes Studio One 5 (when trying to open saved session) and Cubase 11 instantly.Mac, Big Sur.
Hey Jamie, we're currently looking into your issue as we've spoken by email. We have no other reports of this so far, so I hope we can tackle your issue as soon as possible. All the best.
www.deniseaudio.com

Can anyone explain what is up with the latency on this thing? Sounds great but without setting any delay compensation, there's an audible lag when trying to play live.
Yo.

Skandiluz wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:04 am Can anyone explain what is up with the latency on this thing? Sounds great but without setting any delay compensation, there's an audible lag when trying to play live.
It's definitely a good sounding room and I don't normally mind some additional plug-in latency, but it's so extreme in this case that it makes it almost unusable on instrument tracks for sound design. It's even bothersome on send fx busses with PDC enabled unless you're going for a room verb with significant pre-delay. It seems best suited for the mixing stage. I just ended up making a Pro-R preset that closely mimics the default room I'd use most without the latency and heavier CPU usage. Maybe denise will figure out a way in the future to better optimize their algorithm. It reminds me so much of Synapse Audio's Fat Space that I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing something very similar under the hood. Fat Space is far more latency/CPU efficient though.

Tronam wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 pm It's definitely a good sounding room and I don't normally mind some additional plug-in latency, but it's so extreme in this case that it makes it almost unusable on instrument tracks for sound design. It's even bothersome on send fx busses with PDC enabled unless you're going for a room verb with significant pre-delay. It seems best suited for the mixing stage. I just ended up making a Pro-R preset that closely mimics the default room I'd use most without the latency and heavier CPU usage. Maybe denise will figure out a way in the future to better optimize their algorithm. It reminds me so much of Synapse Audio's Fat Space that I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing something very similar under the hood. Fat Space is far more latency/CPU efficient though.
I tried it and I wanted to buy it. But once I noticed the latency, and the fact that no one from Denise responded to this thread, I decided against it. I mean yeah, I could have sent an email instead but whatever. There's so much good about it and it's crazy easy to dial in but the latency is so bad it's unusable for me. I went ahead and picked up sparkverb which has been my go to verb now
Yo.

Like others have mentioned, I'm also having problems with latency. Is anything being done to fix?

uraniumbilly wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:42 pm Like others have mentioned, I'm also having problems with latency. Is anything being done to fix?
Doubtful since the high latency appears to be a byproduct of their bespoke reverb algorithm.

Return to “Effects”