How would your music sound in a perfect room? A supernatural reverb from denise

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
646 posts since 13 Jun, 2003 from Shrewsbury, UK

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 am

Can you kick Plugin boutique to put the latest up. I'm fed up with checking....

KVRian
1146 posts since 27 May, 2008

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:45 pm

In a perfect room id have Exponential or Valhalla

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

251 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:46 am

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to share a review of the Perfect Room in Sound on Sound Magazine:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/de ... rfect-room

What would you say to their assessment of the plugin?

Best,
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

251 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Post Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 am

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed some small updates for the Perfect Room and the update is now available in your library.

https://www.denise.io/me/library

We've updated the following:
  • Updated GUI style
  • Updated protection scheme: making all instances save state after activation
  • CPU optimisation: shorter 'tail' lengths will be lighter on the CPU
  • Preset name is now saved in state
Resizable GUI's will be coming in a bigger update, soon.

Best,
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

KVRAF
2881 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 am

Denise.Audio wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 am
Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed some small updates for the Perfect Room and the update is now available in your library.

https://www.denise.io/me/library

We've updated the following:
  • Updated GUI style
  • Updated protection scheme: making all instances save state after activation
  • CPU optimisation: shorter 'tail' lengths will be lighter on the CPU
  • Preset name is now saved in state
Resizable GUI's will be coming in a bigger update, soon.

Best,
Joe
What about Pluginboutique, is it there too?

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

251 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 am

simmo75 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 am
Denise.Audio wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 am
Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed some small updates for the Perfect Room and the update is now available in your library.

https://www.denise.io/me/library

We've updated the following:
  • Updated GUI style
  • Updated protection scheme: making all instances save state after activation
  • CPU optimisation: shorter 'tail' lengths will be lighter on the CPU
  • Preset name is now saved in state
Resizable GUI's will be coming in a bigger update, soon.

Best,
Joe
What about Pluginboutique, is it there too?
Hi Simon, yes they're also there now!
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

251 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 am

Hi all,

I'm happy to inform you of new updates in your denise libraries...

The Perfect range of reverbs (i.e. the Perfect Room, the Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL) have all received small updates to improve their functionality.

- Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL are now version 1.0.2 and solve the audio export issue with certain DAWs
- Perfect Room is now version 1.2.1 and solves the audio export issue with certain DAWs.
- One preset with a loud output has been updated in the Perfect Room.
- The Perfect Room now has a resizable GUI.

https://youtu.be/N-2dTaG9Rj4

You can find the Perfect Room v. 1.2.1. in your libraries at www.denise.io/ and if you are yet to own a copy of this plugin, now might be a good time to take advantage of our ongoing sale. Find out more information on our website

All the best,
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

User avatar
KVRAF
32242 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 am

Shall we await Plugin Boutique?
Hi-de-Hi!

KVRAF
2881 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Denise.Audio wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 am
Hi all,

I'm happy to inform you of new updates in your denise libraries...

The Perfect range of reverbs (i.e. the Perfect Room, the Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL) have all received small updates to improve their functionality.

- Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL are now version 1.0.2 and solve the audio export issue with certain DAWs
- Perfect Room is now version 1.2.1 and solves the audio export issue with certain DAWs.
- One preset with a loud output has been updated in the Perfect Room.
- The Perfect Room now has a resizable GUI.

https://youtu.be/N-2dTaG9Rj4

You can find the Perfect Room v. 1.2.1. in your libraries at www.denise.io/ and if you are yet to own a copy of this plugin, now might be a good time to take advantage of our ongoing sale. Find out more information on our website

All the best,
Joe
Just wanted to let you know that the latest update is BROKEN as it instantly hard crashes Studio One 5 (when trying to open saved session) and Cubase 11 instantly.Mac, Big Sur.

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

251 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:30 am

simmo75 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 pm
Denise.Audio wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 am
Hi all,

I'm happy to inform you of new updates in your denise libraries...

The Perfect range of reverbs (i.e. the Perfect Room, the Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL) have all received small updates to improve their functionality.

- Perfect Plate and the Perfect Plate XL are now version 1.0.2 and solve the audio export issue with certain DAWs
- Perfect Room is now version 1.2.1 and solves the audio export issue with certain DAWs.
- One preset with a loud output has been updated in the Perfect Room.
- The Perfect Room now has a resizable GUI.

https://youtu.be/N-2dTaG9Rj4

You can find the Perfect Room v. 1.2.1. in your libraries at www.denise.io/ and if you are yet to own a copy of this plugin, now might be a good time to take advantage of our ongoing sale. Find out more information on our website

All the best,
Joe
Just wanted to let you know that the latest update is BROKEN as it instantly hard crashes Studio One 5 (when trying to open saved session) and Cubase 11 instantly.Mac, Big Sur.
Hey Jamie, we're currently looking into your issue as we've spoken by email. We have no other reports of this so far, so I hope we can tackle your issue as soon as possible. All the best.
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

KVRist
190 posts since 18 Aug, 2016

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Can anyone explain what is up with the latency on this thing? Sounds great but without setting any delay compensation, there's an audible lag when trying to play live.
Yo.

User avatar
KVRAF
1788 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Seattle, WA - USA

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm

Skandiluz wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:04 pm
Can anyone explain what is up with the latency on this thing? Sounds great but without setting any delay compensation, there's an audible lag when trying to play live.
It's definitely a good sounding room and I don't normally mind some additional plug-in latency, but it's so extreme in this case that it makes it almost unusable on instrument tracks for sound design. It's even bothersome on send fx busses with PDC enabled unless you're going for a room verb with significant pre-delay. It seems best suited for the mixing stage. I just ended up making a Pro-R preset that closely mimics the default room I'd use most without the latency and heavier CPU usage. Maybe denise will figure out a way in the future to better optimize their algorithm. It reminds me so much of Synapse Audio's Fat Space that I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing something very similar under the hood. Fat Space is far more latency/CPU efficient though.

KVRist
190 posts since 18 Aug, 2016

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 am

Tronam wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm
It's definitely a good sounding room and I don't normally mind some additional plug-in latency, but it's so extreme in this case that it makes it almost unusable on instrument tracks for sound design. It's even bothersome on send fx busses with PDC enabled unless you're going for a room verb with significant pre-delay. It seems best suited for the mixing stage. I just ended up making a Pro-R preset that closely mimics the default room I'd use most without the latency and heavier CPU usage. Maybe denise will figure out a way in the future to better optimize their algorithm. It reminds me so much of Synapse Audio's Fat Space that I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing something very similar under the hood. Fat Space is far more latency/CPU efficient though.
I tried it and I wanted to buy it. But once I noticed the latency, and the fact that no one from Denise responded to this thread, I decided against it. I mean yeah, I could have sent an email instead but whatever. There's so much good about it and it's crazy easy to dial in but the latency is so bad it's unusable for me. I went ahead and picked up sparkverb which has been my go to verb now
Yo.

Return to “Effects”