DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

melodyz wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:24 am
moss wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 pm
melodyz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 pm HI sir
Can you please explain how pinning devices (tracks) on the fire work with your script? I tried using user mode 2 and assigning a control but did not see any difference with pinning the device vs unpinning
User Mode 2 is for user parameters which are not related in any way to the cursor / pinned device.
Use User Mode 1, which controls the cursor device which can be pinned.
Thanks I guess Im not familiar with what pinning does can someone please explain?
If you click on a device in Bitwig it will also be selected on the controller for editing (in the case of the Fire, if you have "User Mode 1" selected). In Bitwig terms this is called a cursor device. If you want to focus on one device, e.g. if you have multiple controllers and always want to control a delay with the Fire you can pin the cursor device. If you now change the device in Bitwig (or on the 2nd controller) it will not follow on the Fire.

thanks Ill have to try it a bit to understand. i did suggest to bitwig to allow more than 8 parameters per device page or some new screen that displays many device panels at once. That would be quite useful. I wonder why everything is limited to groups of 8? What if we have a 16 knob controller?

moss wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:47 amPost all questions, wishes and discussion here.
Hey Moss. I have to ask the painful question. I know Mac OS isn't your preferred OS etc. and now that Apple is moving to their own CPUs what are your plans? are we going to lose support for Mac OS from you?

Hi for the fire can we get a way to map the mod wheel for plugins to user 1 or 2? Several plugins like Uhe plugins do not let us assign the mod wheel to a knob. If theres already a way to do it please share? Thanks

Thank you for the extensive and functional extension!

One question regarding the Launchpad Mini MK3.

In Clip View, it seems the Left/Right arrows only mode of operation is to select Next/Previous device.

Would it be possible to add a switch in the configuration, which makes the arrows displace the whole clip view?
Then the user can "step" the clip view right or left, instead of making abrupt jumps every 8 devices.
Then, instead of viewing clips 0-8, 9-16, etc. The user could view for example clip 3-11, or 5-13.

It is the standard mode of operation for the default scripts, and is the only thing missing in your wonderful script (in my opinion).

Thank you!

machinesworking wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm
moss wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:47 amPost all questions, wishes and discussion here.
Hey Moss. I have to ask the painful question. I know Mac OS isn't your preferred OS etc. and now that Apple is moving to their own CPUs what are your plans? are we going to lose support for Mac OS from you?
Don't worry, since the extension is written in Java it will just run without any modification necessary.

melodyz wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:34 pm Hi for the fire can we get a way to map the mod wheel for plugins to user 1 or 2? Several plugins like Uhe plugins do not let us assign the mod wheel to a knob. If theres already a way to do it please share? Thanks
Simply put a MIDI CC device in front of the u-he plugin and map the Modulation CC 1 knob as a user parameter.

gaxira wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 pm Thank you for the extensive and functional extension!

One question regarding the Launchpad Mini MK3.

In Clip View, it seems the Left/Right arrows only mode of operation is to select Next/Previous device.

Would it be possible to add a switch in the configuration, which makes the arrows displace the whole clip view?
Then the user can "step" the clip view right or left, instead of making abrupt jumps every 8 devices.
Then, instead of viewing clips 0-8, 9-16, etc. The user could view for example clip 3-11, or 5-13.

It is the standard mode of operation for the default scripts, and is the only thing missing in your wonderful script (in my opinion).

Thank you!
It is always a fight with controllers with limited buttons/knobs. many people wanted to have the scroll by 8 implementation.

When using launchpad mini mk3 with bws, it's possible to select a scale and stick with it. Is it a feature built in the controller or a feature built in bws?

SneakyBeats wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm When using launchpad mini mk3 with bws, it's possible to select a scale and stick with it. Is it a feature built in the controller or a feature built in bws?
It is a feature of the controller.

moss wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 pm
SneakyBeats wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm When using launchpad mini mk3 with bws, it's possible to select a scale and stick with it. Is it a feature built in the controller or a feature built in bws?
It is a feature of the controller.
Ok thanks.

Is it possible for me to (easily) modify the shift functions? I'd like to drop transport stuff etc to places I prefed.
Thank you for the reply.

moss wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:53 am
melodyz wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:34 pm Hi for the fire can we get a way to map the mod wheel for plugins to user 1 or 2? Several plugins like Uhe plugins do not let us assign the mod wheel to a knob. If theres already a way to do it please share? Thanks
Simply put a MIDI CC device in front of the u-he plugin and map the Modulation CC 1 knob as a user parameter.
howto ? if plugin has no cc for mod wheel, works too ?

1378919320102020 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:49 pm
MIDICC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm
1378919320102020 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:49 pm
MIDICC.png
If it's not clear: this works because mod wheels almost always send MIDI CC 1. Creating a MIDI CC device and assigning CC 1 to a knob effectively turns that knob into a mod wheel. I tried to find a source for "why is it 1" but apparently it was just the first on the list when these folks decided on the MIDI spec haha here are some other common ones: https://professionalcomposers.com/midi-cc-list/

moss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 pm Introducing the MIDI monitor:
I'm trying to get this going on BSW 3.3b3 and when I select "Impulse - Impulse" as my MIDI source, it complains and tells me that the source is already in use, which to be fair, it is - it's how I am able to play notes 😉

Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 16.24.15.png

What am I missing that would enable me to play my keyboard *and* monitor it on screen?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Return to “Controller Scripting”