The Lost Poet: Dante's Inferno Cantos 1 and 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WB Mark, yes its been a while, but you haven't lost the knack to crank out some fine, polished material, thats for sure! awesome work! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:30 pm
Alchemedia wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:57 amBravo!
Thank you for taking the time to have a listen and give some feedback.
Thoroughly enjoyed it Mark. Thanks for sharing! :clap:

guitarmiester wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm This was really great. Music that tells a story is one of my favorite art forms. Especially when there's a darker element to it. Not everything is a Disney ride, right? You really pulled off telling the story through the song which is very impressive. I ended up following your soundcloud page and will be listening through the rest of your music over the weekend. Again, awesome job.
Thank you very much for that feedback!

A weekend listening to my SC - NOT sure I'd recommend that! :scared: :ud:
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 pm ooh look whos back!
and what a return :o
holy eff! thats awesome!!!
love the vocal/cymbal crescendo :love:
so lovely transitions too between the parts, never abrupt, flows beautifully ❤❤❤

have a couple of unicorns too 🦄🦄

:clap: great work indeed!
Hiya Vurt - thanks for the listen and comments...always welcome from you!

Holy Sh*t...TWO UNICORNS...maaaan you're spoiling me dude...people will talk! :ud: 8) :roll:
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

layzer wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:06 am WB Mark, yes its been a while, but you haven't lost the knack to crank out some fine, polished material, thats for sure! awesome work! :tu:
Cheers Layzer! Much appreciated.

I won't be on KVR that much, but I will try to keep in touch with it all a bit more from now on if possible.

I look forward to some more pinpoint analysis of my production values...you've helped improve quite a few details in the past! :ud: :D Of course, I may NOT need it...Ha! Fat chance with my tendency towards excessive reverb and compression in particular. :roll:

Well done concerning the craftmanship and then Programme Music by the description :)
The textual narration helped to make a sense out of the development indeed.

If there hadn't been a description at all - just for the listen itself - then it would appear to me as a movie (scene) theme.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Welcome back Mark! Illustrating all of that musically is a tall order but you pulled it off with ease.

Section 3 has some beautiful choral work. Wish it was a bit longer.

Section 4 is the action sequence and it rocks! Great heroic brass.

Section 7 has a very convincing representation of hell. :-o

Wow, amazing job! :love:

thomekk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 am Well done concerning the craftmanship and then Programme Music by the description :)
The textual narration helped to make a sense out of the development indeed.

If there hadn't been a description at all - just for the listen itself - then it would appear to me as a movie (scene) theme.
Thomas,
Thanks very much for the listen and comments - always appreciated!

I finally looked at the time of the track, I figured this was some epic length but 7 minutes I can possibly do at some time with the right chemical [im]balance going...
Personally I don't know if I could pull off program music with it not being kind of Mickey Mousing everything

Frantz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:19 pm Welcome back Mark! Illustrating all of that musically is a tall order but you pulled it off with ease.

Section 3 has some beautiful choral work. Wish it was a bit longer.

Section 4 is the action sequence and it rocks! Great heroic brass.

Section 7 has a very convincing representation of hell. :-o

Wow, amazing job! :love:
Cheers Frantz! VERY much appreciated as always!

Yeah, section 3 could've been longer, I agree...musically that would've made far more sense in terms of balance, but I think in terms of the story the quick glimpse of Heaven was best?

Not sure about 'with ease' :scared: :roll: - seriously stressful during the mixing and mastering...mainly cos my PC was struggling to cope with so many tracks....eventually 37!!! :D

jancivil wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:58 am I finally looked at the time of the track, I figured this was some epic length but 7 minutes I can possibly do at some time with the right chemical [im]balance going...
Personally I don't know if I could pull off program music with it not being kind of Mickey Mousing everything
Hiya Jan,
For me nowadays, 7 mins is pretty damn epic! :scared:

Have a listen if you get a chance - your thoughts are always most welcome!

Don't know whether it works or not (leave that for others to decide) but it definitely ain't Mickey Mousing! :)

Very different - most of the music on here seems to be ambient and relaxing.

Cleverly done without a doubt, but it did make me fart even more for some reason.
Just an old bloke who likes listening to a wide range of music. I also fart quite a lot!

Epic journey. I'm really not qualified to comment on any technical stuff within a track of this caliber, so I'll just say that the mix sounds great on my meager setup, and leave it at that. :)

Enjoyable stuff.

Paladin on a Horse wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:01 pm Very different - most of the music on here seems to be ambient and relaxing.

Cleverly done without a doubt, but it did make me fart even more for some reason.
Urrm - thanks for listening.

Sorry, no idea why it made you fart a lot...just don't light them...been there (1977)...never gonna go there again! :evil: :scared: :borg: :oops: :pray: :cry: :ud: :roll:

Excellent mind-movie music! I think you captured the mood exceptionally well, loved the dynamics. I really turned up the volume at the beginning, and so the crescendos nearly blew me away. :D
Well done!

Return to “Music Cafe”