Using a trackball for DAW editing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

don1thedon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 am
enCiphered wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:43 pm Thanks for your input, friends!

I finally decided to buy the kensington expert mouse. After a few hours of use I already love it! It feels much more relaxing to work with, and I find myself working slightly faster than before. I can even program the additional buttons to trigger macros in Cubase which speeds up my workflow!
Good stuff, I’ve also looked at these as a possible alternative to M570. Did you go for a wired or wireless version?
Enjoy!
Thanks mate!
The wireless version.
Works like a charm on windows via usb but it also supports bluetooth.

enCiphered wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:43 pm Thanks for your input, friends!

I finally decided to buy the kensington expert mouse. After a few hours of use I already love it! It feels much more relaxing to work with, and I find myself working slightly faster than before. I can even program the additional buttons to trigger macros in Cubase which speeds up my workflow!
Sorry, I'm thinking about buying that trackball. I use Ableton and you talked about Cubase. In Ableton, is it possible to personalize? Could I put the Stop/Play with a button?

Hi mate,

I´m sorry but I really do not know about that. I think that Ableton Live has hotkeys but I´m not aware of programmable macros the way they work in Cubase.
I hope some Live experts can chime in to shed some light on this please.
Otherwise I would ask directly in the Ableton user forum.

Cheers

don1thedon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am Using a Logitech M570 here & have done for 4/5 years I’d be lost without it, for me it’s just so efficient to use (music & general PC usage). I tried a couple of different types initially but the M570 just fits for me. I could understand people taking a while to be comfortable but definitely worth it in the long run. Good luck.
+1! I have several of them and would never consider mousing around again. I originally tried a trackball...an earlier wired Logitech as I was developing carpal tunnel and tendonitis issues from to much wrist movement. That problem was solved, but it also was such a vast improvement to my workflow! Very pleased. Logitech's unifying receivers also let me pair an M570 and wireless keyboard to control my TV streaming pc from the couch.....very handy!
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”