Introducing Orb Producer Suite plugins

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ou_Tis
KVRian
771 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:28 pm

I guess there's no way to select different styles/genres (aside from choosing particular chord progressions)?... What was the AI trained on (assuming this is based on machine learning like Orb Composer is)? How does its training set compare with those for the synth and synth bass AI in Orb Composer? (Orb Composer does include Electro as a template.)

If you input your own melody, will the chords and bass also intelligently respond to the rhythm of the melody, based on the data set the AI was trained on? Or is it just matching chord harmonies to melody notes, and basslines to chords?

Not counting gui or DAW integration issues, how useful is this for people who already have Orb Composer?

Ou_Tis
KVRian
771 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:18 pm

I don't think chord progressions, or even moods, are always great proxies for style/(sub)genre, even within electronic music production. (Though some moods obviously would not be common in mainstream EDM.)

But AI trained on particular electronic music genre/style datasets could be very interesting. (Including different types of EDM, trap, electronica, industrial, DNB, bass, dubstep, future bass, etc.) It would be great to also be able to blend subgenres. Maybe have a cube with one subgenre of the user's choice in each corner, with a slider to determine the blend.

damayor
KVRist
174 posts since 12 Feb, 2015

Post Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Can you look a bar and randomize another bar yet? Also I think if yo put change complexity from 40 to 60 to the then go back to 40 it should go back to the same melody or have a way too copy and paste the theme. I bought it and I love it but need more tweaks.

Hexachords
KVRist
33 posts since 29 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:50 am

damayor wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:40 pm
Can you look a bar and randomize another bar yet? Also I think if yo put change complexity from 40 to 60 to the then go back to 40 it should go back to the same melody or have a way too copy and paste the theme. I bought it and I love it but need more tweaks.
Hello there.

Not yet but that's a nice suggestion ;-)

Return to “Instruments”