VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am
e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:07 am
discoDSP wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm
waltercruz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 pm OB-XD is being sold on jrrshop and audiodeluxe (and probably on another sites too)...
Those are our resellers. Profit is used to invest in further development.
So, it's finally a purely commercial product now?
What have you improved or added since you took over the freeware?
He’s also added quite a lot including making it resizable and fully skinnable (not just the background). Also fixed a bunch of MIDI Learn related bugs and I’m sure a lot else.
Ah ok, I don't care about skinning. I think one great factory skin is enough :wink:
I was thinking more of additional synth features, like a chorus...

Yeah built-in FX is not really what OB-Xd is about.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:05 pm
Ah ok, I don't care about skinning. I think one great factory skin is enough :wink:
I was thinking more of additional synth features, like a chorus...
Not really a "thing" on classic analog synths.

http://www.synthmania.com/d-50.htm

The D-50 (1987) was also the first synth to incorporate an on-board reverb/multi-fx unit, a fact that contributed to its legendary sound. Previous manufacturers (i.e., ARP with spring reverb on the 2600; Korg with Chorus/Ensemble/Phaser on the PolySix, Flanger on the Trident, DDL delay on DW-8000; Yamaha with _____ ) had started implementing effects to some extent, but Roland went full out - and Korg actually outdid them the year after with the best-selling M1.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I know, and I'm not talking about a multi-FX section, but merely a chorus, Roland Juno type, with two delay lines. There is something classic about a chorus and it only takes a single knob on the GUI (off at zero, and then increasing rate, depth, mix).

Yeah analog synths did have FX. Just not multi FX. But e-crooner didn't mention multi FX :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 am Yeah analog synths did have FX. Just not multi FX. But e-crooner didn't mention multi FX :)
OK. I'll have to give you that one, as that statement was far too broad. But Oberheim did not have chorus on the OBs, as far as I know.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I wouldn't mind built in FX but we could list freeware FX that would go well with OBXd.

I'll go first,Tal Chorus, Orilriver Reverb

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-chorus-lx

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/orilri ... is-tihanov
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

e-crooner wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 am I know, and I'm not talking about a multi-FX section, but merely a chorus, Roland Juno type, with two delay lines. There is something classic about a chorus and it only takes a single knob on the GUI (off at zero, and then increasing rate, depth, mix).
As most standalone fx's are better than the built in ones anyway, why not just use an external chorus? As Teksonik wrote, just use TAL-Chorus-LX, and that'll be better than most built in chorus fx anyway.

Anyone managed to give the M1 Apple Silicon build a try?

Deleted
Last edited by Vortifex on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Um it's installed alongside OB-Xd... It's called Ikka Rosma Dark.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You go to the menu, there 'Themes' and select 'Ilkka Rosma Dark'.

My menu looks totally different

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have it with mine and I'm using the paid version, I have feeling the skin might not be with the one gained off Github?

Return to “Instruments”