Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

olepro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm
Paree wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:07 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm
olepro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am And it is impossible do make a resonance filter sweep modulating with an Envelope.
So, no nice bass drums with the filter resonance :-
Why is it impossible? I have made several patches with filter sweep modulating with envelopes.
There is an old saying in my language that roughly translates to "If you don't know dancing, don't blame the dance floor"
I was paid sound designer for Alchemy, I know what I am talking about
The filters does not self oscillate without having some signal from the oscillators
I think you got me wrong, im not saying that your sound design skills are trash. All im saying is that you are expecting something from the synth that it is not meant to do.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Windows itself might be a trojan :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 pm Windows itself might be a trojan :hihi:
Windows itself is a spyware lol :lol:

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am [...] the filters are incredibly weak, probably the worst I've heard since the early LinPlug synths. It wouldn't matter how good the rest of it was, this is an instant deal-breaker.

If you're after a good, free synth, I suppose this is OK but, even with all its limitations compared to the commercial version, HY-Poly Free is a better deal.
Vital is not "the one synth to rule them all". It won't replace the top of the line synths we all know, but the modulation capabilities are one of a kind, not found in any synth I've seen for less than $100.
So I'd say that at th very least, the free version is a must have, just another tool to have in your arsenal of sound creation/design.

The filters might be rather clean, but they are not the main feature of this synth, it's modulation and wavetables, and it excells at those two.

account required to get the free version? no thanks. that
tells me alot about your business model already, PASS.
i'll stick with SURGE.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

and yet you made an account to post drivel here.... :clap:

layzer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm account required to get the free version? no thanks. that
i'll stick with SURGE.
I read that you use windows xp, so it doesn't work for you anyway.

Some really great sounds in here:
https://sellfy.com/yuli-yolo-sound-desi ... for-vital/
Should also be good for learning - the first sound is a pretty fat bass :-)
The YY Sounds are pretty much my favourites in the Vital Plus collection already... :clap:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Monster synth !!! Just say it

layzer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm account required to get the free version? no thanks. that
i'll stick with SURGE.
:lol:
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

why do people who don't like something spend so much time on a thread that's about that very thing? it's like they're trying to convince everyone else (who'd rather discuss the merits, bugs, creative possibilities, etc of that thing) that they're... wasting their time, or they're wrong... :dog:

it's so kvr (which, to be fair, is also full of intelligent discussion, creative thinking, people sharing ideas and tips, etc).
Last edited by fisherKing on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btfnk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:32 am In the preset browser. Once I've clicked into a folder it seems impossible to unselect to go back to seeing all presets. There's no root folder option, just selecting a different folder.
+1 and yes
annoying imho

especially since also search only works within the selected folder

Sorry guys, but please can you stop talking this bullsh*t here???

It´s absoluely genius and generous to offer such a great synth, which is at least 90% on par with expansive products and adds very interesting new features no other have got for free or that little price tag...

People expecting an analog sounding Diva alternative in a product like Vital should really reach out for the next clinic doing brain updates as their own obviously came a bit short...

This silly talking about lacking self resonance etc... is perhaps justified a bit but not in this manner...
You can give constructive criticism and request better behaviour for the future but this ranting here is one of the most unfair behaviour I´ve ever seen here on kvr and this should already mean a lot...

I mean this guy must have brought all his energy and passion into this work and you blame him for not having nailed minor thing A or B...

This is a initial release of an development state is already more than impressive and many other developers haven´t reached that level even not after 2-4 years updating... so stop bitching such an gifted guy, say thank you and go your way!! :evil:

Yes, there are things I don´t like neither like the GUI opening delay or perhaps one or two other things but anyway this synth is more than just good and I for my part can really only say "thank you" to the developer and "Hats off!" for this amazing work!! :tu:

Very weird thread, indeed. This is an outstanding synth by a highly regarded developer who put a lot of thought into creating a very unique technological infrastructure around it. And on top of everything he is super responsive.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I feel very bad for Matt who has to read through all of this tbh [I hope he doesn't].

To tell that its OK at best even for free just because it can't do one thing that he wants is just plain disrespectful to 3+ years of effort as well as Matt's generosity.
Last edited by Paree on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”