What are your "must-have" Plugin Alliance plugins now that they are $29 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I too am waiting for that PA sale tomorrow. I've got a $20 off survey coupon that stacks but haven't decided what I'm gonna buy. Either Triade or one of the popular compressors (Elysia, SPL Iron, Shadow Hills, or something else someone catches me on!)

dickiefunk wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:03 pm I've been tempted with the MAAG EQ4 but to be honest I already have PSP's E27 which has a wonderful top end similar to the MAAG. Can't say I tempted by anything else. Maybe the AMEK EQ200 "IF" it was included! To be honest I don't really feel tempted by any Black Friday deals as I already have so many great plugins. If anything I should be spending more time learning how to get the best out of what I already have instead of buying more new ones to learn :D
If you have E27 or any other EQ with nice high end then you can buy Maag to collect virtual dust. It's really nothing special. Not worth even $29 today.

I would say BlackBox HG2 and Acme compressor are great plugins.
Even that I have xtillion (mostly useless) vst, BlackBox still can save my day from time to time, no other plugin do what BlackBox can do.
Acme has a really nice saturation, it's more a character/fx than normal compressor.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixel85 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:32 am
dickiefunk wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:03 pm I've been tempted with the MAAG EQ4 but to be honest I already have PSP's E27 which has a wonderful top end similar to the MAAG. Can't say I tempted by anything else. Maybe the AMEK EQ200 "IF" it was included! To be honest I don't really feel tempted by any Black Friday deals as I already have so many great plugins. If anything I should be spending more time learning how to get the best out of what I already have instead of buying more new ones to learn :D
If you have E27 or any other EQ with nice high end then you can buy Maag to collect virtual dust. It's really nothing special. Not worth even $29 today.
Yeah I thought as much. PSP’s E27 really is a great musical EQ. I also like the modelled IK EQ’s and ToneBoosters EQ4. With all of these I’ve got my EQ needs covered :tu:

Blackbox and Townhouse. I use them on every track. No exceptions.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I read somewhere Townhouse is plagued with aliasing, is this true? I dont have time now to check for myself but I see lots of "famous" youtubers praise it. I am definitely keeping my eye on it since Cytomic The Glue HD update will probably come sometime in next 10 years at this pace and I need SSL type mix buss compressor.

I highly recommend Blackbox, also use it on every mix, great color!

The bx_oberhausen is certainly a very good recommendation and a "must have" or for mastering the Vertigo VSM-3 (maybe a little bit special but quite outstanding).
The Dangerous Bax, Millennia NSEQ-2 or bx_digital are also excellent. But it depends on what you already own: a good Pultec Style EQ can replace the Bax quite well. The imager in Cubase can replace some functions of the bx_digital (Mono Maker, Stereo Width) - so some are more a "nice to have" ;)

I simply can't use Townhouse due to its absolutely horrid GUI with tiny, low resolution knobs (similar to their Millenia plugins), and loads of wasted space. it sounds great, but if i have to tear out the remainders of my hair every time i use it, it's not worth it.

i've just bought REFERENCE 2 by Mastering The Mix, but MetricAB seems like a great alternative (possibly even better in some ways). i might pick this up. i want a lot of stuff, but realistically i'm not going to use any of it, since i already have too much - i've reached a stage where i get analysis paralysis every time i want to do something to a track. MetricAB on the other hand seems like something i might actually use and maybe prefer over REFERENCE. maybe VSM-3 but again, tiny GUI with tiny knobs.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

what are peoples thoughts on the brainworx ssl plugins? i'm quite tempted by this sale but may sit this one out for a time where I have a bit more cash. how often does blackbox go on sale?

wojf62902 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:28 pm what are peoples thoughts on the brainworx ssl plugins? i'm quite tempted by this sale but may sit this one out for a time where I have a bit more cash. how often does blackbox go on sale?
You can usually get them on KVR marketplace cheap, I got my SSL E for $10 or $15. Waste of a voucher code in my opinion but I still recommend picking them up second hand.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Burillo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 am I simply can't use Townhouse due to its absolutely horrid GUI with tiny, low resolution knobs (similar to their Millenia plugins), and loads of wasted space. it sounds great, but if i have to tear out the remainders of my hair every time i use it, it's not worth it.

i've just bought REFERENCE 2 by Mastering The Mix, but MetricAB seems like a great alternative (possibly even better in some ways). i might pick this up. i want a lot of stuff, but realistically i'm not going to use any of it, since i already have too much - i've reached a stage where i get analysis paralysis every time i want to do something to a track. MetricAB on the other hand seems like something i might actually use and maybe prefer over REFERENCE. maybe VSM-3 but again, tiny GUI with tiny knobs.
I think somebody already mentioned it elsewhere... both VSM-3 and Townhouse (and VSC-2) got a GUI update few months ago, which upscales to 125% and 150%.

I have VSM-3 and use it at 125% on a 1080p screen, 150% is a little too big.
I guess it would be the same for Townhouse (ok about the "wasted space" to exactly match the hardware layout and look, but at least now the GUI is bigger and easier to use).

No idea if they look big enough on 4K screens, they might not.
Last edited by Niowiad on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh, I forgot: SPL Hawkeye.

DSM 3, HG 2 & Metric AB

Niowiad wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:43 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 am I simply can't use Townhouse due to its absolutely horrid GUI with tiny, low resolution knobs (similar to their Millenia plugins), and loads of wasted space. it sounds great, but if i have to tear out the remainders of my hair every time i use it, it's not worth it.

I think somebody already mentioned it elsewhere... both VSM-3 and Townhouse (and VSC-2) got a GUI update few months ago, which upscales to 125% and 150%.

I have VSM-3 and use it at 125% on a 1080p screen, 150% is a little too big.
I guess it would be the same for Townhouse (ok about the "wasted space" to exactly match the hardware layout and look, but at least now the GUI is bigger and easier to use).

No idea if they look big enough on 4K screens, they might not.
oh, did they? i have VSC-2, i should check it out. if it is indeed better than it was, then i'm totally jumpng on VSM-3.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”