GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.

bobsled wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.
I am getting the exact same problem!!!!!!

Please can Inertia Sound Systems fix and advise!!!!

zeph wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am
bobsled wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.

bobsled contacted us on support, so what we suggested is this:

Friction is the biggest one of them all (335MB~), so make sure you have enough space to download and uncompress it. I tested it over here and it downloads/installs properly.

Please try having clean space available and try shutting the DAW down and re-downloading it.

We're trying to make sure that it’s not an issue on the software.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Friction is the biggest one of them all (335MB~), so make sure you have enough space to download and uncompress it. I tested it over here and it downloads/installs properly.

Please try having clean space available and try shutting the DAW down and re-downloading it.

the download went very slow, and ended with "inst", so not installed, enough space (72gb), i shall try it again. but not today.. other things..

mainly i made my own presets.. if you load a sample via the icon, not drag & drop, didn't do drag & drop, my own sample, on a different harddrive.
i was surprised my presets weren't saved. i copied the sample to the data directory in the user folder (i guess you can make also your own folders, to structure it..), then it could be saved.

i lost 2 presets that way (i could have transferred the wav file while still in the DAW, user error, but still)... but i guess i managed to revive them, made more presets...

must map it, didn't notice until now, no modulation.. so automap, or nektar panaroma p1 or MCU (or and/and/and). so i can automate. no prob i like automation.

every plugin, has their own way of working with presets, in the end i can work with all.. why mention it? perhaps it can help..

Crashed Cubase a few times while while loading presets. Very rare here. Was possibly responsible for crashing Reason too while loading, scanning VSTs...dunno, hard to prove that one.
Still, what a granular engine! Very smooth and lush. Not bad at all on the CPU either, Ryzen 3600.

zoidkirb wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 pm Crashed Cubase a few times while while loading presets. Very rare here. Was possibly responsible for crashing Reason too while loading, scanning VSTs...dunno, hard to prove that one.
Still, what a granular engine! Very smooth and lush. Not bad at all on the CPU either, Ryzen 3600.
no problems within cubase, works pretty good. no crashes. mapped it now to my panaroma p1, so automation or hands on control, great. didn't try reason yet. but didn't crashed while scanning vst's, because i worked with reason, while granulizer 2 was installed.
yes not bad on the cpu, i7 6700K.

strange, cubase pro 11? i have cubase pro 11

zoidkirb wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 pm Crashed Cubase a few times while while loading presets. Very rare here. Was possibly responsible for crashing Reason too while loading, scanning VSTs...dunno, hard to prove that one.
Hello zoidkirb, we are really glad you like the plugin. Keep in mind though that we do not officially support Cubase or Reason yet, but this will happen quite soon! Please feel free to contact us in case you observe any repeating pattern in crashes in the DAWs that you use.
Such feedback is always useful as it helps us on improving the product for more DAW's setups etc..

Best form us here!

Hey Wasteland and Inertia, I will do further testing today. It's Cubase 11 Pro and the crashes happened while swapping a preset while holding down a midi note. 11 had been giving me some crashes when I first got it, and I'd narrowed that down to consistently crashing on exit with certain plugins from v10 projects. So for me there was more instability in 11.

The Reason crash hopefully was a one off. Scanning is the only other time I've seen Reason crash anyway.

UPDATE: Messed around solidly in Cubase today with Granulaizer 2 and it was as solid as a rock :tu:
Last edited by zoidkirb on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos to Inertia for great customer support. I would encourage anyone experiencing difficulties to reach out, they have been both friendly and professional. In a crowded plugin market that means a lot.

Tried again, and same issue: Takes a very long time to download and then right at end just hangs/does nothing!!!!!

zeph wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 am

Tried again, and same issue: Takes a very long time to download and then right at end just hangs/does nothing!!!!!
zeph I've pmed you the details, let me know if you need anything else!

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 am
zeph wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 am

zeph I've pmed you the details, let me know if you need anything else!
It worked Inertia Sound Systems!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for your prompt assistance !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu: :tu:

I just grabbed it, for a price almost nothing, as I had a license for version 1. I did not expect too much, but its a very unique approach and a welcome addition to my granular arsenal.
But the biggest surprise: It does at least voice per channel, which is enough MPE for me! Its not mentioned in the feature list though this would be always the main requirement to buy a synth for me. It was just so cheap that I did it anyway...
If the prices go up again after BF, don't forget to mention this feature. Its a very good argument to get Granulizer 2 even for a higher price (you might have missed some sales for a higher price in the past...)

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 am I just grabbed it, for a price almost nothing, as I had a license for version 1. I did not expect too much, but its a very unique approach and a welcome addition to my granular arsenal.
But the biggest surprise: It does at least voice per channel, which is enough MPE for me! Its not mentioned in the feature list though this would be always the main requirement to buy a synth for me. It was just so cheap that I did it anyway...
If the prices go up again after BF, don't forget to mention this feature. Its a very good argument to get Granulizer 2 even for a higher price (you might have missed some sales for a higher price in the past...)
Thank you for your feedback! We will be adding the info GRANULIZER's 2 detail page.

Regarding the pricing, yes the offer stands until the 30th. On the first quarantine here is Greece we added a new version with new features and a nice free preset package (Cities at Dawn). On this one (the 2nd quarantine here in Greece) we wanted to give the opportunity to people who are stuck home to get both GRANULIZER 2 and INSTINCT into their libraries.

It's hard enough for people not being able to get outside, and most having trouble getting their usual income. Hopefully people who get a chance to purchase them at this once only offer (unless we get another catastrophic even in 2021!) will have fun and be creative!

WasteLand wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:38 pm

the download went very slow, and ended with "inst", so not installed, enough space (72gb), i shall try it again. but not today.. other things..

mainly i made my own presets.. if you load a sample via the icon, not drag & drop, didn't do drag & drop, my own sample, on a different harddrive.
i was surprised my presets weren't saved. i copied the sample to the data directory in the user folder (i guess you can make also your own folders, to structure it..), then it could be saved.

i lost 2 presets that way (i could have transferred the wav file while still in the DAW, user error, but still)... but i guess i managed to revive them, made more presets...

must map it, didn't notice until now, no modulation.. so automap, or nektar panaroma p1 or MCU (or and/and/and). so i can automate. no prob i like automation.

every plugin, has their own way of working with presets, in the end i can work with all.. why mention it? perhaps it can help..
We might need to reach out to you about this, thanks for bringing it up!

Return to “Instruments”