Sorry to say, but the new front page is an absolute fail

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear kvr team,

you lately changed the frontpage. Besides a refreshed look, which I like, I really now have to tell you here what seems to be obvious. It looks like you as creator might be blind for that problem:

In my humble opinion, you totally destroyed the news page. Now there are only a lot of images in a grid visible, plus some short headline. Let's say now there is a news about a small developer about some for me unknown plugin: The headline very like now will only tell me "developer XY updated superfancyplugin"... Nothing more! Only a small image which doesn't help at all. Why should I click that news at all now, as a visitor of your page? The headline sounds boring, I can't see any info at all.

The amount of those small images makes it pretty annoying to keep an overview.

Your news page before was pretty good, if not perfect. I was able to see, what's new PLUS a lot of required info at once, without clicking.

Sorry, maybe this is only my opinion, but please revert the front news page to the old state.

Also what's now annoying: The download links in the plugin database. Those are now hidden on a subpage, and then you also have to click some specific part of the link. That's super annoying. The download links should be placed back into the overview plugin page, where they belong.

You current changes will make me not using your page as news resource anymore. I am sorry if my critics sound harsh or so, but I really wonder why yo are destroying a really good previous design here... Thanks.

Absolutely agree!

True, because of that I changed my links directly to the forum everywhere.
So now I don't have to see the front page anymore at all.

Yup:(

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:47 am True, because of that I changed my links directly to the forum everywhere.
So now I don't have to see the front page anymore at all.
Same here. The front page looks more like a shop window now.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Well... KVR Audio is a shop.

Agreed, couldn't work out what was going on to start with. Bring back the old one, PLEASE.

ohh, so that's what happened.
I had been wondering just what was going on when I was clicking on my kvr main page bookmark, I kept landing in this unsettling place where only the Forum button could save me from feeling lost.

I never go to the front page, couldn't tell you what it's looked like for years.... I have LT bookmarked, thats the only page I visit

AnX wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 am I never go to the front page, couldn't tell you what it's looked like for years.... I have LT bookmarked, thats the only page I visit
Same same...
I didn't even know there was a front page.. LT is where it's at :shrug:

LT is too unclear to me. I usually go by the "What's new" tab on the right side. In LT, I can't see quickly who wrote the latest reply, or see the avatar of the last person who replied, which also can be a quick way of viewing things.

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am Well... KVR Audio is a shop.
Granted - that's what it has moved towards over the years. It doesn't mean I have to like it though :wink:
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

agree. bring back the old front page.

I agree - terrible!! A complete whitewash.

It's horrid! My link has always been set to free products so I don't usually see the home page but I looked out of curiosity, and it seems money has completely taken over now.

Return to “Site Stuff”