Toybox Nano Pack Released

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a blast with these new blocks so far! What a great set! And I have barely begun to explore them! I have been finding all sorts of interesting noisy, glitchy sounds running a couple of oscillators into the collision module, running that into a flip flip, running that into a 'uni 2 bi', and running that into a filter, and then doing all sorts of sequenced modulations of level, filter cutoff, filter shape, and so on, and then using OTT and Satin (further fattening by soft-clipping and pushing the output) and some plate reverb after Reaktor. I can see making all sorts of interesting glitch music with just these!

Thanks for making them!

Yeah, does that work out to about 20 cents a module? Wow... To contrast someone over at Cherry Audio is selling a pack of 70 modules for $400 I think...

Would love to see someone start a series of tutorials / live-patch-building / module demonstrations... I watch far less interesting things on youtube, so it would fill a niche :-)

Question to David:

Would it be possible to create a polyphonic version of the Vintage Sampler? I really miss polyphony in this thing as it would be so fun to trigger a few more voices.

I've successfully done it simply by cloning the module and routing up a lot of silly complex poly routing midi gates but it's such a cumbersome thing.

Combined with your Nano Pack polyphony stuff would it be feasible to update the Vintage Sampler (obviously the paid package) to include a polyphony capable version? Or am I missing something here? Is it already possible by hacking the module a bit?

EDIT: And to show my support I've just purchased both the Vintage Sampler and the Nano Pack of course! You've been more than generous with the freebies so it's about time I give you something back! :D

Cheers!
bM
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

JO512 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:17 pm I am having a blast with these new blocks so far! What a great set! And I have barely begun to explore them! I have been finding all sorts of interesting noisy, glitchy sounds running a couple of oscillators into the collision module, running that into a flip flip, running that into a 'uni 2 bi', and running that into a filter, and then doing all sorts of sequenced modulations of level, filter cutoff, filter shape, and so on, and then using OTT and Satin (further fattening by soft-clipping and pushing the output) and some plate reverb after Reaktor. I can see making all sorts of interesting glitch music with just these!

Thanks for making them!
Amazing! Yeah it's a lot of fun just patching randomly to find interesting glitches!

srcodling wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:23 pm Yeah, does that work out to about 20 cents a module? Wow... To contrast someone over at Cherry Audio is selling a pack of 70 modules for $400 I think...

Would love to see someone start a series of tutorials / live-patch-building / module demonstrations... I watch far less interesting things on youtube, so it would fill a niche :-)
Yes, working on bunch of videos, here's one on the basics of using the sequencer blocks:

https://youtu.be/tCrwPs8N6F8
bmanic wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:38 am Question to David:

Would it be possible to create a polyphonic version of the Vintage Sampler? I really miss polyphony in this thing as it would be so fun to trigger a few more voices.

I've successfully done it simply by cloning the module and routing up a lot of silly complex poly routing midi gates but it's such a cumbersome thing.

Combined with your Nano Pack polyphony stuff would it be feasible to update the Vintage Sampler (obviously the paid package) to include a polyphony capable version? Or am I missing something here? Is it already possible by hacking the module a bit?

EDIT: And to show my support I've just purchased both the Vintage Sampler and the Nano Pack of course! You've been more than generous with the freebies so it's about time I give you something back! :D

Cheers!
bM
Yep, Polyphonic Vintage Sampler is ready! :)

Here's a cheatsheet showing the anatomy of a Nano Pack sequencer:

Excellent, thanks David!

Here's another cheatsheet demonstrating how to build a wavetable synth with the Toybox Nano Pack.

You can download the Rack here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/13921/

someone mentioned a a launchpad and I can see a "launchpad" block on NI website. is it a free block or is it included in which collection?

autodafe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 pm someone mentioned a a launchpad and I can see a "launchpad" block on NI website. is it a free block or is it included in which collection?
Yes there are a bunch of blocks to use with the Novation Launchpad in the full Nano Pack, you can see a list of all the blocks in the Nano Pack, with descriptions here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/nano-pack

Here's another cheatsheet demonstrating how to build a simple polyphonic synth with the Toybox Nano Pack -->

You can download the Rack here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/13939/

Thanks! So great to see ongoing support with this! Invaluable!

killmaster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:47 pm Thanks! So great to see ongoing support with this! Invaluable!
Thanks, glad they are useful! :)

Here’s another cheatsheet showing a simple workflow to globally control snapshots using the Nano Pack from your DAW.

You can use the snapshots to quickly create variations of a sound or patch, and then recall and sequence these variations for different sections of a composition.

The example in the cheatsheet is using Logic Pro, but you can easily apply the same technique to Ableton Live or any other DAW.

You can also select, duplicate and clear snapshots from your MIDI controller for live jamming.

This works with both the full Nano Pack and the free Nano Pack Community Edition.

only own it (the nano pack) for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, already impressed, this is an experimental playground, and indeed you can have a lot of modules, without killing your cpu, while making a some kind of more low level approach to modular. or splitted level.. which means more control... more possibilities.. the workflow is great..

snapshots, and working through snapshots, sequence them, great idea.

will follow the tutorials, i am not a noob, but this playground, i want to go further, beyond what i already know, so this will take time (time with pleasure) to use the full possibilities (i don't mean all 500 modules at once...)

i notice in my way of working patches don't have to big, a lot of modules, but how you patch, can already lead to very rich sounds, and FM - granular - additive - spectral - substractive (yes substractive may be mentioned) wave scanning, etc.
that combined already, with all the possible utilities, the broken down envelopes (segments), i see the possibilities, now learn to control them, and use them in my own direction..

Thanks :) yes 500 blocks is a lot to explore! We are working videos, so will post these over the next few weeks.

Also there's a new Discord server for Reaktor blocks, join it here:

https://discord.gg/WFryAcnUfu

And the general Reaktor server is here:

https://discord.gg/3CfU8a6

I"m thinking of getting the designers pack in addition to these nano modules. I'm curious how many demo ensembles the regular block packs come with. Instead of patching from scratch, it's much easier for me to have something to start with. O, and I think you mentioned these can all be mixed and matched interchangeably?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”