Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There seems to be a small bug in the Repro-1 and Repro-5 preset selection and display. Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display. The same issue happens with Bazille. It works as expected in ACE, Diva, Hive and Zebra.

kodnin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 pm Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display.
It's not a bug, it's a feature (ah, I just love saying that). :)
The first time you click the arrow it will load the "-- INIT --" preset, because that's the very first preset in the preset folder. The init preset does not display its name in the data display.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:13 am
kodnin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 pm Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display.
It's not a bug, it's a feature (ah, I just love saying that). :)
The first time you click the arrow it will load the "-- INIT --" preset, because that's the very first preset in the preset folder. The init preset does not display its name in the data display.
As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to see how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
Last edited by kodnin on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kodnin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:49 am As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to the how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
The -- INIT -- preset is a remnant of the time when we did not have the init feature in the context menu.
We have since started removing this preset from our plugins whenever there was time to improve the factory library during an update cycle.
Over time the -- INIT -- preset will disappear from all products, as it's redundant by now.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 am
kodnin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:49 am As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to the how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
The -- INIT -- preset is a remnant of the time when we did not have the init feature in the context menu.
We have since started removing this preset from our plugins whenever there was time to improve the factory library during an update cycle.
Over time the -- INIT -- preset will disappear from all products, as it's redundant by now.
I see, thanks for the quick response and the reasoning behind it. :tu:

az82 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:28 am Thank you for helping me narrow it down. Yes, still sRGB, Repro 9669. VST worked fine in Ableton 10.1.25.

I reverted to the Live binary of 10.1.18 and now the AU works perfectly too.
Ableton is now aware of the issue and they were able to reproduce it. It affects all versions higher than 10.1.18 including the latest Ableton 11 beta.

Hi guys sry I'm new and didn't read all the postings on the forum so apologies if this has already been reported.

I used to run Repro 1 fine with Mojave and since yesterday I updated to Catalina and also updated Repro to the latest 2020 January version as well - my AU became so slow when changing presets it took like 3-6 seconds and froze my Ableton in the process each time - very very annoying. So I changed all my Repro 1 tracks to VST3 on my project and it's running flawlessly (and btw even faster than previous version with Mojave so great).

Am I the only one here I find it very strange that Repro 1 AU component only would face issues? Cheers.

An FR for every FX suitable for mixing, mostly Presswerk, Satin and uhbik-q (but could work for others): an "equal-loudness" trim/gain and bypass, to avoid being fooled on things sounding better/worse by differences in gain.

I think I'm spoiled by this TDR feature. Now I find this time saver missing everywhere. I find myself doing a small change, gaing staging, A/B comparing, another small change, another gain stage, more A/B.

E.g. Presswerk even though there is autogain the dry/wet mix amount negates it (if I remember correctly).

On Satin it could be useful too, as the how hard the tape is driven has direct impact on the volume.

It would be nice to have it on Uhbik-Q too, bot those have a lot of IOs.

EDIT: my bad, Satin has it.
Last edited by rafa1981 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

U-he is there any updates or improvements planned for satin?

I don't have any suggestions other than maybe add an extreme mode to get some gnarly tape sounds.

It's been said before, but I'd like to give it another mention:

I'd really love an extra Mod Matrix page in Hive2, a Matrix C.

As a heavy user of most u-he plugins, this one is the only thing I really wish for.
During the couple of years I used Zebra2 before upgrading to ZebraHZ, I don't recall once longing for the extra Mod Matrix slots.
With Hive2 however, I keep pushing the limit for slots.

So much of Hive2's magic happens in the (powerful, amazing) Mod Matrix, so I find it quite easy to fill it up.
I'd love to get rid of that feeling when my head has more ideas, I see my computer handling it easily, but I'm just once again running out of slots. :wink:

krans wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 pm It's been said before, but I'd like to give it another mention:

I'd really love an extra Mod Matrix page in Hive2, a Matrix C.

As a heavy user of most u-he plugins, this one is the only thing I really wish for.
During the couple of years I used Zebra2 before upgrading to ZebraHZ, I don't recall once longing for the extra Mod Matrix slots.
With Hive2 however, I keep pushing the limit for slots.

So much of Hive2's magic happens in the (powerful, amazing) Mod Matrix, so I find it quite easy to fill it up.
I'd love to get rid of that feeling when my head has more ideas, I see my computer handling it easily, but I'm just once again running out of slots. :wink:
I regularly use up all the slots... so a Big +1

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 am the init feature in the context menu.
Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:07 pm Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
There is no way to overwrite this init preset.
But you can create your own custom init preset and name it default.
You have to save it into the main Local folder (it will be invisible in the browser).
A new instance of the plugin will then load with this default preset.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:26 pm
PieBerger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:07 pm Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
There is no way to overwrite this init preset.
But you can create your own custom init preset and name it default.
You have to save it into the main Local folder (it will be invisible in the browser).
A new instance of the plugin will then load with this default preset.
Ah that's a shame. I already save all of my synths as Racks in Live with a custom default preset, so instances get the custom preset, however, I often use a single instance to create and resample multiple patches and being able to recall a custom init preset from the menu, would therefore be helpful.

If you don't ask, you don't get, as they say. Thanks for your reply none-the-less :)
Always Read the Manual!

Lucastyle wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:44 pm U-he is there any updates or improvements planned for satin?

I don't have any suggestions other than maybe add an extreme mode to get some gnarly tape sounds.
This is a perfect idea! I’d like some sounds to be even more affected by it.

Return to “u-he”