Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am Klevgrand have stopped allowing transfers - apparently their system was getting abused so they stopped - which is a bit sad as they are a friendly bunch doing interesting things
Does this mean it is on a individual basis?
https://klevgrand.se/terms#end-user-license-agreement
3. Transfer.
You may not rent, lease, or sublicense the license if not specifically agreed with Klevgränd Produkter. You may not transfer the license to a third-party, unless in certain circumstances (these circumstances are determined by Klevgrand Produkter).
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:37 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am Klevgrand have stopped allowing transfers - apparently their system was getting abused so they stopped - which is a bit sad as they are a friendly bunch doing interesting things
Does this mean it is on a individual basis?
https://klevgrand.se/terms#end-user-license-agreement
3. Transfer.
You may not rent, lease, or sublicense the license if not specifically agreed with Klevgränd Produkter. You may not transfer the license to a third-party, unless in certain circumstances (these circumstances are determined by Klevgrand Produkter).
They said to me they were no longer allowing transfers for products purchased after the terms changed. I thought that fair, if you bought under the old system you had the old system rules, if you bought since the rules changed you had the new rules. I would email them and ask the case for your situation

Tone2 synth license - covers 1 license per user or many more ??
Last edited by AcrossTheSky on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Bloodyroar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:57 pm Antares not involved for license transfer, but when i reach them they allowed account takeover
Here´s what they told me:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we do not support the transfer of ownership or the transfer of our plug-in licenses. The software licenses are tied to the original owner.

Regards,

Antares Support

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, license transfer is possible.
The transfer fee is $5.
So when you find someone, I will send a paypal invoice of $5 to him/her.
After that I will send you your license of the plugin.
Please remember that, once a license is transferred to another owner,
it will become an NFR license, so you can't sell it anymore.

When you find someone, please send me the owner name and paypal email address.

Best,
Tadashi

HY-Plugins
yzcoruhT

I'm looking to sell my Output account which has the full bundle of all their plugins. For some reason though Output's plugins show in my Native Instruments account. Would I need to remove these before being able to sell the Output account, or do I need to include my Native Instruments account alongside it? I bought all the plugins direct from Output them selves.

Readaz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm I'm looking to sell my Output account which has the full bundle of all their plugins. For some reason though Output's plugins show in my Native Instruments account. Would I need to remove these before being able to sell the Output account, or do I need to include my Native Instruments account alongside it? I bought all the plugins direct from Output them selves.
Output doesn’t allow license transfer, unless something changed recently.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

From Red Rock Sounds(Nice and fast response upon info request, cool guys):
To transfer a license, you need to provide the email of a new user, within two working days we will transfer the license.
There is no fees for transferring a license.

Schaack-Audio Technologies it is not possible to transfer a license.
Get the answer today.

Does Korneff allow transfers? They are iLok but their - albeit standardized - Eula state that they doesn't allow transfers.

paolostylo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm Acustica Audio finally changed their transfer policy from probably the worst to probably one of the best. :-)

Transfers are now possible without fees and within minutes!!

1. Go to Aquarius Web using your web browser.
2. Log-in on your user account with your email-address and your current password.
3. Click above on "Purchased".
4. Then click on the settings icon of the product to transfer.
5. Click on the product transfer icon.
6. Accept the product transfer terms and condition by clicking on 'I agree'.
7. Type or paste the (second hand) buyer user account email.
8. Confirm the product transfer by clicking on OK.
9. Reload Aquarius web and the transferred product will no longer be in your account.
10. The new owner should re-open his Aquarius and should see the new plugins. :-)

A few remarks:
-Transferred products cannot be returned.
-Product transfers cannot be canceled.
-Product transfers are only available to customers who own a purchased product.
-Product transfers are not possible for time-limited licenses, educational licenses,
Not for Resale (NFR) copies, special, OEM, institutional, or retail bundled software.
It seems that they have reverted back in part to the standards of yesteryear. There is now a fixed fee (25€) + discount return for manually handled transfers - after the 5 free ones. The 25€ only variety worked well for 2 months at least :tu:

When I am at it:

Do these companies offer license transfers ? :

- Tone Projects
- Korneff

What about Akai?
They haven't replied to my query.
It's an ilok license.

Had a quick scan of the thread for mentions of Black Rooster and couldn't see any (apologies if I missed them!)

Having contacted their tech support they are willing to transfer licenses for free.

Does Steinberg allow license transfer of products that are not on a hardware/USB dongle? I have Padshop 2 (and an Expansion) and Retrologue 2 in my account (soft e-licenser) that I am thinking to sell.

If yes, what's the process?

Thank you.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”