Bazille 1.1.1 and The Bazille Cookbook

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:46 am On my side I found I had to extract the the soundset first. Just dragging and dropping from the zip failed but it worked after an extract.
:dog:

The VST3 plugin loads but is totally unresponsive in Nuendo 11, Big Sur.

Looking forward to check out the recipes!

emasters wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm Purchased -- drag the soundset file onto the UI, get 3 errors - the first a permissions error (no indication what the permissions error is related to). Then it just fails to install. Updated to the latest 1.1.1 Bazille version. Latest update of BigSur. Running inside Logic Pro 10.6.1. Any one else with this issue?
Apple is increasing its security settings with every new macOS version.
Meanwhile apps have to ask for permission if they want to access files on the desktop or the downloads folder. If Logic does not yet have those permissions, there is nothing we can do to solve this on our side, thus you get a warning about missing permissions.
We can't be more specific with the warning, because permissions can have a variety of reasons. Besides the mentioned case, it could also be the location the user presets are stored which does not have the needed write permissions. This is rare, but can happen during macOS security updates. Sometimes those updates even change the owner of the folder from the user to the system, making it impossible for a plugin to fix those permissions.
The permissions are not dependent on the plugin format, they are simply dependent on your host.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

experimental.crow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:18 pm i had no joy w/ the drag-n-drop in win10 ,
both in cantible 3.0 and fl studio 20 ...
the " install soundset " function worked a treat though ...
What was the problem with the drag&drop method?
We tested it in a lot of hosts, including FL Studio, and it worked everywhere.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:46 am On my side I found I had to extract the the soundset first. Just dragging and dropping from the zip failed but it worked after an extract.
We developed the .uhe-soundset format, so users can enjoy a carefree way to install soundsets. We first wanted to distribute the file just like that. But then we realized, users will still need some basic instructions what to do with this file, i.e. we need to explain that they just need to drag&drop this onto the plugin. Thus we created installation instruction pdfs, and zipped them together with the uhe-soundset file.
But, of course, the zip file will have to be unzipped to be able to read those instructions. :wink:

simmo75 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:28 am The VST3 plugin loads but is totally unresponsive in Nuendo 11, Big Sur.
Please contact our support, so we can look into the issue.
As far as I can see, Nuendo is not officially compatible with Big Sur just yet, Steinberg is still conducting tests.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:08 am
simmo75 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:28 am The VST3 plugin loads but is totally unresponsive in Nuendo 11, Big Sur.
As far as I can see, Nuendo is not officially compatible with Big Sur just yet, Steinberg is still conducting tests.
Sure, will do.
The standard VST version works as expected.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 am
experimental.crow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:18 pm i had no joy w/ the drag-n-drop in win10 ,
both in cantible 3.0 and fl studio 20 ...
the " install soundset " function worked a treat though ...
What was the problem with the drag&drop method?
We tested it in a lot of hosts, including FL Studio, and it worked everywhere.
pretty sure this is user error ...
in my haste to get started , i neglected to unpack the .zip , and
attempted to drag-n-drop from the .zip file ...

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:55 am
emasters wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm Purchased -- drag the soundset file onto the UI, get 3 errors - the first a permissions error (no indication what the permissions error is related to). Then it just fails to install. Updated to the latest 1.1.1 Bazille version. Latest update of BigSur. Running inside Logic Pro 10.6.1. Any one else with this issue?
Apple is increasing its security settings with every new macOS version.
Meanwhile apps have to ask for permission if they want to access files on the desktop or the downloads folder. If Logic does not yet have those permissions, there is nothing we can do to solve this on our side, thus you get a warning about missing permissions.
We can't be more specific with the warning, because permissions can have a variety of reasons. Besides the mentioned case, it could also be the location the user presets are stored which does not have the needed write permissions. This is rare, but can happen during macOS security updates. Sometimes those updates even change the owner of the folder from the user to the system, making it impossible for a plugin to fix those permissions.
The permissions are not dependent on the plugin format, they are simply dependent on your host.
Yes -- as Apple further locks-down the OS, it creates other challenges. Appreciate your sharing U-he's perspective.

Hello, me have the following trouble:
Installed the new Version from the website and used it in Bitwig 3.3.1. It plays the initial sound using Midi as VST3 but error appears when popping up the GUI then the Plugin crashes. OS is Windows 10. I had the old Version installed before with no problems. Hive for example still works like a charm :-)
Cheers
Last edited by LaibachFan on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Bazille 1.1.1 the mark as favorite and mark as junk icons are flipped i.e. the junk is a star and favorite is the slash symbol.

LaibachFan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:59 pm Hello, me have the following trouble:
Installed the new Version from the website and used it in Bitwig 3.3.1. It plays the initial sound using Midi as VST3 but error appears when popping up the GUI then the Plugin crashes. OS is Windows 10.
This sounds like you accidentally mixed up the old and new installation.
In the release notes we mention to carefully check the installation paths on Windows, because it's critical for this update to install the files into the same location as the previous installation, and to update all installed plugin formats. Else this will lead to crashes, and mixed up user interfaces.
ryan-Phayder wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:00 pm In Bazille 1.1.1 the mark as favorite and mark as junk icons are flipped i.e. the junk is a star and favorite is the slash symbol.
Same applies here, it's either a mixed up installation, and the new plugin is now accessing the old graphics, or you are using a third party skin, which has not been adapted to the new preset browser.

Please contact our support so we can help you fix those issues.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:08 am
Indeed ...
rsp
sound sculptist

Howard wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:35 pm It's the actual Cookbook. People who read The Bazille Cookbook PDF without having access to the corresponding presets will be sorely tempted. That's the plan, anyway... let's see! 8)

(I'll ask someone to fix the text in that link - should say "Download the book")
Sneaky plan indeed... instant buy on my side ;-)

Content and patch descriptions are excellent, the patches themselves anything but trivial to be honest.

Thank you, Howard.

Return to “u-he”