Bazille 1.1.1 and The Bazille Cookbook

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You should get Dan to make more videos for you. Or at least voice over (despite you guys already having The Voice among your ranks) :)

Urs wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:54 am Yeah, hehe, but those vids were made by Dan Worrall... a legend.
Several years back a band I was in recorded in his studio here in Sheffield. I had no idea that he was so proficient with synths until he created a sound I wanted within about 15 seconds of Diva opening. Even then, I was completely lacking in knowledge about synths and didn't realise just how good he was until I got home and watched some of his tutorials.

He actually recommended Tyrell to me, though at the time I just had a quick play with it and didn't commit to learning how to use it.

Insta-buy... well, took me a couple days cause I was busy... :tu:

Just some Sunday morning Bazille noodling:

https://soundcloud.com/user-589036812-2 ... -x-bazille

Also, congrats on the cookbook release :tu:

Cool

i wish i could get something like this for ace diva hive and tyrell and bazille cm... btw will bazille cm or beatzille be updated too?

Howard wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:21 pm Is that the Readme you linked to or the actual cookbook itself sans presets? I figured that would only be available to people who purchase it.
It sounds like from the description it's meant to be a patch list but you're currently linking to the full 118-page book.
It's the actual Cookbook. People who read The Bazille Cookbook PDF without having access to the corresponding presets will be sorely tempted. That's the plan, anyway... let's see! 8)

(I'll ask someone to fix the text in that link - should say "Download the book")
Just had a browse through the book and it's absolutely excellent! Very nice reading, even for somebody like me who doesn't yet own Bazille. It's a great source of inspiration and in general just a fantastic geeky read for any synth nut like myself. :D

Will most definitely be purchasing the sound bank once I get my hands on Bazille.

Cheers!
bM
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:49 am Just some Sunday morning Bazille noodling:

https://soundcloud.com/user-589036812-2 ... -x-bazille

Also, congrats on the cookbook release :tu:
Nice, try some Valhalla Super Massive on there, it's amazingly free.

Just a short note that drag and drop did not work when I was running either Live 10 or Cubase 11 as administrator. After turning of the administrator rights and starting Live without it drag and drop of the soundset was successful (Win 10).
Cheers

I follow/support u-he as much for the knowledge and techniques you share as for the cool sounds and software. I think I am not alone, given the record of rich discussion on this forum.

There are many synth-technique videos on YT. What is special here is the combination of
-written format (less-served, but how I often prefer to learn),
-a real wealth and density of accumulated technique,
-by someone as expert as Howard,
-and presets to follow along!

So---Thank you, take my money, and more like this please...

Just wanted to join the chorus of thankyous for the cookbook. I've written quite a few user-guides myself so I can appreciate the amount of time and effort it takes to make something both technically in-depth and readable at the same time. I feel almost ashamed at my lack of Bazille-knowledge considering I've owned it for several years. I use it a lot, but mostly I've relied on presets with minimal tweaking. I have tried occasionally to 'reverse-engineer' patches, but very quickly got lost...over the last few days I've had several light-bulb moments thanks to this cookbook. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to create my own Bazille patches at last...

So, thanks again Howard, and all the best for Christmas and the New Year to everyone at u-He :)

I wanted to say thank you for putting the cookbook together, which was no small feat. Bazille is truly special, and having such a great companion tutorial and sound set has been a blast so far. I’m ashamed to admit I’d almost forgotten what endless crazy fun Bazille can be from minute to minute. There’s just nothing like it.

Weekly I wish to show my gratitude for the cookbook.
I've spent so many hours, learnt so much, and I'm still on page 11.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi Howie, a couple days ago i splurged for the schooling that will be the Cookbook. I am already stuck on Pg 5, concerning the note about "Something to remember about the Multiplex". I have been testing this for an hour now to no avail, even after accessing the User Guide. Can you (or any other cooks) recommend a nice Method to illustrate what you are saying in that section? Do you mean that the positive mod source behaves differently on inputs 1,2 versus 3,4? Not sure what you mean by fade in and fade out accordingcto percentage, although I know the two knobs define lvl of modulation. I have tried to grasp this using good old pitch and amplitude modulation but still don't see/hear the difference you mention in this passage. Thanks for any help and HUGE thanks for this opportunity to learn from your experience AGAIN.

Hi snigelx. Quoting that bit:

'A positive “voltage” at the mod socket will fade the lefthand signals IN while fading the righthand signals OUT... both percentage-wise according to the left and right knob values'

TBH I don't know how I could describe it any better - maybe someone else could help me there?

Return to “u-he”