VPS Avenger new license system is a complete mystery

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cataclysm - Avenger Expansion VPS Avenger

surreal wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:59 pm
Influx808 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:31 pm Avenger is great but I hate codemeter so I got rid of avenger.
I was going to get reason suite but I think it has codemeter too.
I'd buy avenger in a heartbeat if they got rid of codemeter..
I have Reason Intro (rack) installed. Indeed I see it registered in codemeter too.
However I am not sure if this license needs refreshing too. I do not see an expiration date anywhere. Install was only a couple of months ago.
can the reason rack lite version install other 3rd party re plugs and does it have to be "online" all the time?
I do not know much about Reason I am afraid. I only use the rack plugin to run a few synths that are Reason plugins and not available as vst. Like Friktion, the physical modelling synth. My computers are on line 99.9 % of the time , so .... ?

No problem, thank you very much!

Hello,
I'm very disappointed :( Just tried to reactivate my licences for VPS Avenger but I got an Error code and can't use it anymore.
I got :
A transfer of licenses with this ticket is currently not possible. Please contact the support service.
0x1808000F
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.ws
2020-12-19 11:56:23 (UTC)
Ask for help at Wibu & VPS but no answer yet :(
Tried with VMan too but another kind of error like no licence available or all used.
Really bad experience ...

lefool wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 am Hello,
I'm very disappointed :( Just tried to reactivate my licences for VPS Avenger but I got an Error code and can't use it anymore.
I got :
A transfer of licenses with this ticket is currently not possible. Please contact the support service.
0x1808000F
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.ws
2020-12-19 11:56:23 (UTC)
Ask for help at Wibu & VPS but no answer yet :(
Tried with VMan too but another kind of error like no licence available or all used.
Really bad experience ...
You will have to wait for the support. They will tell you what to do to clean the mess in your containers ...and they also have to do something on their side...do it on all computer you have already install Avenger.

Once this is done you can do a fresh start. You can have VPS activated on 3 computers at the same time. Always use V-Man to activate a computer... and before selling or reformating a computer, be sure to deactivate that computer with V-Man to free that activation.

Hi Jolaff, thanks for your quick answer :) I have VPS Avenger installed only on 1 computer. But I saw 4 cmcontainers with licences. May be it is the root cause. I hope support can help me because I can't use VPS and it is very frustrating.

lefool wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:35 pm ...But I saw 4 cmcontainers with licences. May be it is the root cause.
Yes, I had the same problem. He will ask you to send him a screenshot of Codemeter with those 4 containers. Then he will tell you how to delete them. Once it's deleted, you have to take another screenshot of the empty Codemeter and send them. Then he will restore your licence and tell you what to do...

Jolaff wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:48 pm
lefool wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:35 pm ...But I saw 4 cmcontainers with licences. May be it is the root cause.
Yes, I had the same problem. He will ask you to send him a screenshot of Codemeter with those 4 containers. Then he will tell you how to delete them. Once it's deleted, you have to take another screenshot of the empty Codemeter and send them. Then he will restore your licence and tell you what to do...
Thank You Jolaff. Hope they will help me as soon as possible ... and hope I keep other licence keys from other providers.

lefool wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:01 pm
Thank You Jolaff. Hope they will help me as soon as possible ... and hope I keep other licence keys from other providers.
Well, I only use Codemeter for Avenger ...so he ask me to delete them all ....but if you use it for other stuff maybe you will not have to delete all container...

I know Reason also uses it, any other music software does?

I sure hope I never have to end up going thru that.

Thus far its use has been inconvenient but not disastrous... knock on wood.
rsp
sound sculptist

Jolaff wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:07 pm
Well, I only use Codemeter for Avenger ...so he ask me to delete them all ....but if you use it for other stuff maybe you will not have to delete all container...
How many time to get an answer ? I ask for VPS and Wibu ...

lefool wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:14 pm
Jolaff wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:07 pm
How many time to get an answer ? I ask for VPS and Wibu ...
I only wrote to VPS ....on november 8 ...and get an answer on november 9

I wanted my music computer/workstation to be off-line, so the network card can be disabled and other network services and so on, for better audio realtime performance.
I purchased Avenger back in 2016 and that time it was fine. No need to be connected to internet.
Now is different and i don't like it at all.

I have got a new pc installed. Therefore, I deactivated the Avenger license from my old one. So far so good. I can see I have 3 activations left.

Then after installing CM runtimes I can activate the licenses via the website, no need of V- manager, but I downloaded it anyway. After installing Avenger, whenever I try to open it, it crashes my DAW. Any of my DAWs, Reason, Live, Cubase, Mixbus. I tried to run V-Manager and had the same result, the app opens then closes. Windows Event Viewer reports an app error on module Unknown under V-Manager.exe. CM reports licenses activated and all green. I can even deactivate the license again using the website.

Not very promising after all these comments and now the software is unusable on my new PC. Wrote to support, no answer yet.

very, VERY confusing system...not fair that you switched to it after most of us purchased...without warning. Why not iLok?
Please fix this and I'll buy some expansions ;)

alienmachine wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:23 amNot very promising after all these comments and now the software is unusable on my new PC. Wrote to support, no answer yet.
You're just not going to get a reply from a small German company over christmas...

Return to “Instruments”