RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

keel wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 am
RedCyan wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 am Is anyone else unable to drag audio files into the oscillators in 1.8.5.12? I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I am using FL Studio 20.8 on Windows 10.
Same here, latest FL.
It works here with 20.8 and Windows 10.
Again:
1. Make sure there is an existing User Library. Otherwise it doesn't know where to import it.
2. Make sure FL Studio actually enabled drag and drop. There is an additional option in the FL plugin wrapper called "accept dropped files". Maybe this will solve the issue.

Merry Xmas.
And yes Looking forward to 1.9 for that feature.

I had asked before in that other thread but never gotten an answer.
What is the cpu in Rapid really measuring?
I can play patch that is using 45 voices.... Cubase's asio load is pegging out red and Rapid's cpu is showing 4%. I have never seen it rise pass 5% ever.....and by that time my projects are glitching.... and of course neither task manager or activity monitor are showing anything near 5% for the DAW.
What is Rapid's cpu actually measuring and how accurate is it suppose to be?
rsp
sound sculptist

parawave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:12 pm
keel wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 am
RedCyan wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 am Is anyone else unable to drag audio files into the oscillators in 1.8.5.12? I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I am using FL Studio 20.8 on Windows 10.
Same here, latest FL.
It works here with 20.8 and Windows 10.
Again:
1. Make sure there is an existing User Library. Otherwise it doesn't know where to import it.
2. Make sure FL Studio actually enabled drag and drop. There is an additional option in the FL plugin wrapper called "accept dropped files". Maybe this will solve the issue.
Yeah, I read about it. Works fine. Just add that LOCK feature all the knobs ASAP, like to 1.9. Thank you!

zvenx wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pm Merry Xmas.
And yes Looking forward to 1.9 for that feature.

I had asked before in that other thread but never gotten an answer.

Thank Intrancer and no one else.
Before Intrancer we had a thread to discuss things.
In hindsight though the developer shouldn't have shut up shop due to one anal user.
It shows bad form from them ..them being Parawave.
In effect they have allowed Intrancer to regulate what is and isn't acceptable.
And what does that say of a Developer when one user can run them out of town?
Have a Commercial plugin you are bored with? Donate it to me and receive a signed copy of our debut album. PM with details.

parawave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm Yes, these are the steps to create a user library. But after that drag and drop gets enabled and you can drop samples directly onto the display. It will then redirect you to the import page.

1. Drag Sample onto Display -> Import Tab will open.
2. Choose the import method -> Options tab (naming, category and so) will open.
3. Click on Import.

BTW, supported import formats are WAV and AIFF.

I know, it's 2 additional clicks at the moment. 1.9.0 will offer quick import, where it will load samples in a temporary library.
Thank you for correcting me... this is another good example for me to shut up if I am not 100% sure... :D

I never tried that so I couldn´t remember...

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:55 pm
Boo
You single handily run Prawave off the kvr forums.
Have a Commercial plugin you are bored with? Donate it to me and receive a signed copy of our debut album. PM with details.

I converted all the Rapid factory presets to NKS with banks and previews. Also mapped the controls and added image files. If anyone wants them, here you go.

Edit after 24h: improved the mapping and reuploaded.
Last edited by gondii on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I try download new demo of Rapid. But it say it may harm my computer and I shoul not download? Anyone else has same warning? Is there something wrong with the file or something?

It's most likely a packed zip, most AV engines might give false positives about those.

For ease of mind you could let it scan through www.virustotal.com

SoundHunterrr wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:39 pm I try download new demo of Rapid. But it say it may harm my computer and I shoul not download? Anyone else has same warning? Is there something wrong with the file or something?
Same warning for me, no problem after installing the demo

SoundHunterrr wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:39 pm I try download new demo of Rapid. But it say it may harm my computer and I shoul not download? Anyone else has same warning? Is there something wrong with the file or something?
It's most probably Windows Defender SmartScreen functionality. It's a cloud based feature and for infrequently installed apps may behave like described above. You can either trust the app and let it install or wait some time for more users to install it so Windows Defender whitelists it :)

Ah yes, smartscreen now i remember i had it also over here.

Smartscreen has indeed have to build up an reputation on every new compiled version, the developer could use an EV certificate for code signing.

Because EV (Extended Validation) certificates have an stricter validation process those are trusted by default in smartscreen without the need of building up reputation on newer versions.

I absolutely love Rapid, but I have an issue that I have written support about multiple times, and I have yet to receive an answer of any kind.

Basically the keys will randomly stick at the buffer sizes that I run (128 and 256). If I run a really high buffer size, the problem seems to go away. But no other plugin I own exhibits this sort of behavior, and I don't want to have to run a really laggy feeling buffer size just for Rapid. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

The new fx sound great thanks, chorus X especially is very nice.
One thing I would love is an option on how the drag and drop modulation works.
I don't like that when you drag and drop it sets the modulation amount at 100% so I rarely use it - would be great to have an option for drag and drop to be a default of 0% or 100%.

Hi, can anyone explain why i can not midi learn direct from knobs inside parawave rapid 1.8.5?
i use
-bitwig 3.3.1
-win 10
-akai mpk mini mk3 (wich is working fine at all)

What i do:
- right click a knob
- click on midi learn (pull down disappear)
- turn a midi knob
- but the knob is not connected to my midi controller knob

what works is:
- turn a knob
- set up the midi connection in bitwig wrapper of the plugin

thanks

Return to “Instruments”