Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

discoDsp Discovery Po can load nord lead 2x patches.

Amram wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm discoDsp Discovery Po can load nord lead 2x patches.
Discovery filter is very inaccurate though. I bet Viper filters sound way much better when compared.

plrdmus wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:22 am
Amram wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm discoDsp Discovery Po can load nord lead 2x patches.
Discovery filter is very inaccurate though. I bet Viper filters sound way much better when compared.
They have been compared on YouTube before, and as Adam has said himself the filter is about 90% accurate or higher. It is possible to attain higher accuracy but he deemed the performance hit to not be worth it. Besides, Viper is its own thing anyways.

fdigl wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am They have been compared on YouTube before, and as Adam has said himself the filter is about 90% accurate or higher. It is possible to attain higher accuracy but he deemed the performance hit to not be worth it. Besides, Viper is its own thing anyways.
I've seen them. But if I recall properly... weren't those comparisons using slightly different values? (although they sound basically the same)

And also now that you say it... maybe it would be a good idea adding a "high precision mode" like lots of plugins have.
So the user can decide if they prefer a more "classical" sound at the cost of some CPU usage.

I think the filter is where the biggest difference was (not much difference though, but slightly different) so maybe it's not a bad addition, even if it takes 2x more cpu, as long as it's optional.

Is there search opnnion in the preset folders? Maybe I just miss it some how?

SoundHunterrr wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 pm Is there search opnnion in the preset folders? Maybe I just miss it some how?
There is no search option
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

They started out pretty inaccurate (but still good) and at some point he did an upgrade where they got much better. I compared it to my 2x and they were identical, except the aliasing on the hardware was noticeable. When I turned off the oversampling they were indistinguishable for the most part and the 2x went up for sale.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:05 pm
They started out pretty inaccurate (but still good) and at some point he did an upgrade where they got much better. I compared it to my 2x and they were identical, except the aliasing on the hardware was noticeable. When I turned off the oversampling they were indistinguishable for the most part and the 2x went up for sale.
Well, this is what happened with Discovery. Not sure if they've made any significant changes since this was uploaded, but sounds really off
https://soundcloud.com/aaronmarshall/no ... -disco-dsp

But I'd bet that Viper will sound way much better compared to its counterpart.
Anyways, I'd still love to see a "legacy mode" that matches the filter even closer, even if it takes extra cpu. Just in case.

Viper (& some other synths) do not give fine option for oscillators. How can you fine tune oscillator when no fine tune option?

SoundHunterrr wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:43 pm Viper (& some other synths) do not give fine option for oscillators. How can you fine tune oscillator when no fine tune option?
You can use the Mod Matrix, Select "Constant 1%" and set it to "Osc 1 Pitch", or whichever Oscillator you want to fine tune.

Merry Christmas Adam, I wish you the best for this Christmas holidays!
And thanks for making Viper with its amazing presets!
Best regards
YY
Best
YY

I own a Virus TI2 and when controlling Viper from it, there have been times I didn't know which was what. I think the give away in most cases is the types of patches I have for my TI2, in the case of Viper, it's still more or less sounding very EDM at the moment, whereas with the TI it's patches are a complete Universe of patches.I do Ambient,ProgRock, R&B and HipHop so my tastes are everywhere...

The point here, is in the context of creating music, I doubt you'd be able to tell, unless you are very familiar with the specific Virus patches in general, and very used to the sound.

Best news of all is the fact Adam will be dedicating time for patch creation at some point, and this is very exciting, plus there's a possibility we may see VirusTI Import. ;) Grab Viper, it's worth more then the asking price!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.8 update and XMAS discount, 25% off until December 31st, 2020
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Thank you, Merry Christmas, and have a great holiday everyone. I hope 2021 will bring many good things to all!

I Will Def buy viper some time next year its worth it! Adam If I buy viper is it legal to make samples for a sampler with it? Just need to know.

Return to “Instruments”