VPS Avenger new license system is a complete mystery

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cataclysm - Avenger Expansion VPS Avenger

gondii wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am
alienmachine wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:23 amNot very promising after all these comments and now the software is unusable on my new PC. Wrote to support, no answer yet.
You're just not going to get a reply from a small German company over christmas...
Actually, for their credit, I did receive an email. Didn't help though. They asked me if I installed the latest Codemeter runtimes, which I have mentioned in the first line of my email :dog:

I would say that from all the copy protection schemes, iLok is the most robust and stable from all. For years I hated dongles and avoided them like the plague. In 2018 I didn't have any dongle based product. Today, I have around 150 licenses on my iLok. I can activate/reactivate/transfer licenses freely, from dongles to hard drives, to the cloud license, etc. In two years I haven't experienced a single issue.

Problem solved: it was.. wait for it... the Display Drivers. Can you believe it? How such a relatively expensive piece of software would crash and burn because of display drivers? :dog:
I had to debug V-Manager.exe with Process Explorer and finally found where it was crashing. At least it was not Codemeter related.
I hope this info helps somebody too.
Cheers...
Last edited by alienmachine on Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alienmachine wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:08 pmI would say that from all the copy protection schemes, iLok is the most robust and stable from all. For years I hated dongles and avoided them like the plague. In 2018 I didn't have any dongle based product. Today, I have around 150 licenses on my iLok. I can activate/reactivate/transfer licenses freely, from dongles to hard drives, to the cloud license, etc. In two years I haven't experienced a single issue.
I actually bought it yesterday in a total GAS moment for 90€ with that extra voucher from Best Service. I usually am not too bothered by copyright protection stuff,... never had an issue with iLok. But I must admit I started regretting the purchase during the painful activation process. Well, I was able to get it running today and so far I am really enjoying the synth a lot. Hoping for no more issues down the road!

If you guys are on Windows and are bothered by constantly running CodeMeter services you can always set them to manual start, loading Avenger will ask you to start CodeMeter Runtime Server. Please note that after you start CodeMeter services they remain started until you manually stop them or next Windows restart happens.

Powershell example (you must execute elevated Powershell - right click and "Run as Administrator"):

Code: Select all

Get-Service -Name CodeMeter.exe | Set-Service -StartupType Manual;
Get-Service -Name CmWebAdmin.exe | Set-Service -StartupType Manual;

hi ! i just came back after few month on VPS Avenger ! what a crap !
i just stay on version WIN_Avenger_1_4_10 ! should be possible right ? because i just need avenger here and there for sounds ! if not god bye avenger :)

I'm still on 1.4.

Unless this whole mess is straightened out, this may be my final Avenger version.

rj0 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:09 pm I'm still on 1.4.

Unless this whole mess is straightened out, this may be my final Avenger version.
... and probably the last time I even get near a CodeMeter product.

Codemeter is a huge piss off. I tolerate it for Reason for now but probably won't upgrade when a new version comes out, or even TRY OUT software like Avenger that use it.

How often does codemeter need to make the online check? Once every 90 days?

Yes, every 90 days, you open V-Man and click "update licence" or something when asked to, and done.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Sindikhate wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm How often does codemeter need to make the online check? Once every 90 days?
That's what's advertised. But don't wait until the deadline. As you can read it happens to break CM containers or use up available activations, up to resetting back into a default "please reactivate" state after restarting a DAW. Takes time and support to fix then.

Deer ou deer - so much trouble ppl having with this Vst....

I bet pirated version works like a dream....
Seen it in the past on ebay - cool.. :!:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

DPhil wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:56 pm
Sindikhate wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm How often does codemeter need to make the online check? Once every 90 days?
That's what's advertised. But don't wait until the deadline. As you can read it happens to break CM containers or use up available activations, up to resetting back into a default "please reactivate" state after restarting a DAW. Takes time and support to fix then.
Blimey.. imagine being away from a daw for a few months..

I'm trying to update on a MacOS 10.13.6 system. I had Avenger 1.5 and it stopped working, so I went to vps-avenger.com and followed the instructions to update to 1.7, re-download all the content, etc. The instructions for updating licenses are very confusing, and I obviously missed something because now I get:

Error
A transfer of licenses with this ticket is currently not possible. Please contact the support service.
0x1808000F
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.ws
2021-05-09 15:24:30 (UTC)

I went back to vps-avenger.com, but didn't find any links to "contact the support service". Does anyone have any clues?

getdunne wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 pm I'm trying to update on a MacOS 10.13.6 system. I had Avenger 1.5 and it stopped working, so I went to vps-avenger.com and followed the instructions to update to 1.7, re-download all the content, etc. The instructions for updating licenses are very confusing, and I obviously missed something because now I get:

Error
A transfer of licenses with this ticket is currently not possible. Please contact the support service.
0x1808000F
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.ws
2021-05-09 15:24:30 (UTC)

I went back to vps-avenger.com, but didn't find any links to "contact the support service". Does anyone have any clues?
Just download vmanager from your account than activate avenger from there.

Return to “Instruments”