Is Kontakt still the best sampler?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:43 pm They resigned in August 2020, so they could be hardly aware of that it would be a most sucessful year.
You do know that their resignation specifically said 'this year is on course to be the best in our 24-year history from a financial perspective' dont you?

No, guess not. Doesnt fit the narrative well enough.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 am The CEO and the president of Native Instruments were both forced to resign a couple months ago. That doesn't happen if things are going well. The year before, 20% of the company was let go. The biggest consideration when it comes to Kontakt is Native Instruments' long-term outlook.
Well, that doesn't really mean anything. Because in every company it
is common for a new CEO to be appointed from time to time. We don't
really know whether the CEO gave up his position voluntarily, whether
he had personal reasons, or whether he was really forced.

However, from June 2020 there was some confusion because the new
NI activation system no longer "took away" all previous software
products. Many old customers were quite angry at this, and it cast
doubts about the durability of the products. Please refer here.

But that actually has no effect on Kontakt. Kontakt is still the market
leader and arguably the best sampler ever.

The only thing that bothers a bit is the reliance on NI. Because if you
build and expand your library for a long time and extensively, so
you are always dependent on one sample format - and on how NI
treats and develops precisely this. But that is a problem that every
proprietary format brings with it. And a problem that only occurs to
musicians who have been making music for a long time.
:wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 am The CEO and the president of Native Instruments were both forced to resign a couple months ago.
Any official source saying that they were "forced" to do so?

something may not be the best, but once it becomes the 'standard' (ie, the majority of libraries require it) you kinda have very little choice sometimes.... but you still do have a choice, don't forget that.

Halion is more powerful than Kontakt. Almost every other sampler you could think of is easier to use Zampler, EXS, NNXt, Tal Sampler etc etc
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:13 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 am The CEO and the president of Native Instruments were both forced to resign a couple months ago.
Any official source saying that they were "forced" to do so?
I too would loveee to see the evidence of this.

Rsp
sound sculptist

Geez, you guys. The evidence is self-evident.
The founder/CEO and president/CIO don't both just resign at the same time on their own accord. Be smarter, guys.

The resignation letter was clearly written by the PR department. They could either sign it or be fired. Part of the face saving measures was to give them purely ceremonial "advisory" roles. That's how the corporate world works.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm
excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:43 pm They resigned in August 2020, so they could be hardly aware of that it would be a most sucessful year.
You do know that their resignation specifically said 'this year is on course to be the best in our 24-year history from a financial perspective' dont you?

No, I didn't. But I do know that if a coach is fired somewhere, the team managers have to state something. Therefore I found it curious; they seldom fire the coach of a winning team.

jamcat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 pm Geez, you guys. The evidence is self-evident.
The founder/CEO and president/CIO don't both just resign at the same time on their own accord. Be smarter, guys.

The resignation letter was clearly written by the PR department. They could either sign it or be fired. Part of the face saving measures was to give them purely ceremonial "advisory" roles. That's how the corporate world works.
Unbelievable.
So you have no evidence beyond speculation.
But you KNOW they were forced to resign.....smh

rsp
sound sculptist

excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 pm

No, I didn't. But I do know that if a coach is fired somewhere, the team managers have to state something. Therefore I found it curious; they seldom fire the coach of a winning team.
You do know that they weren't fired, right?

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm Almost every other sampler you could think of is easier to use Zampler, EXS, NNXt, Tal Sampler etc etc
Disagreed. NNXT and TAL Sampler are sort of idiosyncratic and in many ways slower to use than Kontakt.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 am
excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 pm

You do know that they weren't fired, right?

They got an offer they couldn't refuse. Just like the 200+ lesser star employees before them. But.. that doesn't seem to fit your narrative well enough, perhaps.

excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:12 am They got an offer they couldn't refuse. Just like the 200+ lesser star employees before them.
Feel free to not provide any evidence for that, as per your previous, easily-disproven, assertions.

You could always start with a dictionary definition of 'fired' that includes 'put on a supervisory board'.

You do know what 'supervisory' means, right?

But.. that doesn't seem to fit your narrative well enough, perhaps.
Countering your assertions isnt actually a 'narrative'.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:26 am
excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:12 am They got an offer they couldn't refuse. Just like the 200+ lesser star employees before them.
Feel free to not provide any evidence for that, as per your previous, easily-disproven, assertions.
But.. that doesn't seem to fit your narrative well enough, perhaps.
Countering your false assertions with evidence to the contrary isnt actually a 'narrative'.
So the replacement of the top had nothing to do with 200+ fired employees of the year before, according to you? Nor had it anything to do with financial top year 2020. Nothing to do with it. Fine by me, you win.

But.. you do believe that men land on the moon while there is no physical evidence. So according to you men walk on the moon but cannot solve an 8 by 8 square tic tac toe game like chess is, actually. The scientists babble about a multidimensionial universe but yet.. cannot solve a simple two-dimensional tic tac toe game.

Interesting. However, it's just another useless attempt to escape from reality. Better to prove me wrong there.

excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 am So the replacement of the top had nothing to do with 200+ fired employees of the year before, according to you? Nor had it anything to do with financial top year 2020. Nothing to do with it. Fine by me, you win.
No, that's not according to me. I havent opined on that at all, and you made that up.
But.. you do believe that men land on the moon while there is no physical evidence.
Didnt opine on that either.

So according to you men walk on the moon but cannot solve an 8 by 8 square tic tac toe game like chess is, actually.
Or that.
The scientists babble about a multidimensionial universe but yet.. cannot solve a simple two-dimensional tic tac toe game.
Or that.

Do you think you're achieving something with all this silly?
Interesting. However, it's just another useless attempt to escape from reality. Better to prove me wrong there.
Prove what wrong? Your pathetic strawmen?

Get a f**king life.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”