Is Kontakt still the best sampler?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:04 pm
excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 am So the replacement of the top had nothing to do with 200+ fired employees of the year before, according to you? Nor had it anything to do with financial top year 2020. Nothing to do with it. Fine by me, you win.
No, that's not according to me. I havent opined on that at all, and you made that up.
But.. you do believe that men land on the moon while there is no physical evidence.
Didnt opine on that either.

So according to you men walk on the moon but cannot solve an 8 by 8 square tic tac toe game like chess is, actually.
Or that.
The scientists babble about a multidimensionial universe but yet.. cannot solve a simple two-dimensional tic tac toe game.
Or that.

Do you think you're achieving something with all this silly?
Interesting. However, it's just another useless attempt to escape from reality. Better to prove me wrong there.
Prove what wrong? Your pathetic strawmen?

Get a f**king life.
e

Why should I get a life? I am not fired yet. I did not put men on the moon during the Cold War either. Just relax, I'm only teasing :)

excuse me please wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:55 pmWhy should I get a life?
Marvelous self-own. :clap:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Is Kontakt still the best sampler?

looked like an interesting thread, so I started reading. First comment I come across is ...

Get a f**king life.
:o

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

To this never was the case.
I am happy with Falcon and Halion.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:51 pm Is Kontakt still the best sampler?

looked like an interesting thread, so I started reading. First comment I come across is ...

Get a f**king life.
:o

:lol:

lol everytime man.

I don't like Kontakt either, in fact never got on with any native instruments stuff. I've gotten used to using the Ableton Sampler and you can do some cool multi-sampling things on there that perhaps aren't immedietly obvious. I think they expanded the macros in ableton 11 so maybe there will be a few features added to sampler.

Kontakt, Trillian, Omnisphere and a few others including Serum and now Vital. But they all use so much CPU. Either less instruments or bouncing mid-mix I guess :)

kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 am Kontakt, Trillian, Omnisphere and a few others including Serum and now Vital.
Paid a lot of attention to that 'the best sampler around as far as the pitch algorithm and for multi-sampled instrument libraries', bit, eh?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Assuming you mean sample player by saying "sampler", I think that Halion is way better for everything except library creation, which is a nightmare if your library contains more than 1 preset. If Steinberg could fix the convoluted Halion library creation process, it would be a serious contender to Kontakt. For the moment I can't imagine any developers keeping their sanity creating and selling Halion instruments. Look for yourself, this is the process to create 1 preset:

https://developer.steinberg.help/displa ... +Libraries

Other than that, it's great, I really like it and as a sound design tool, it's hard to beat. Falcon is the closest, although I only used v1. Maybe Falcon 2 is better.

Kontakt is a bit like Pro Tools. It's not necessary the best but it is the standard.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:00 am
v1o wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm Almost every other sampler you could think of is easier to use Zampler, EXS, NNXt, Tal Sampler etc etc
Disagreed. NNXT and TAL Sampler are sort of idiosyncratic and in many ways slower to use than Kontakt.
But most people are mere mortals, not Evil Dragon. For the rest of use not into scripting Kontakt is... not user friendly. Personally I have done the minimum of work in Kontakt, have to YouTube it every time I do. It is a sample player (I'm one of the annoying, "If it don't sample, it ain't a sampler" brigade) and gets treated as such. Except I would do more editing on even a sample player, it's not exactly conducive to spontaneous creativity. I guess I miss the hardware days on this front (you know, the ones that actually sample).

This is a library player where you don't touch the creators' library at all. If there weren't so many libraries for it I would dump it tomorrow.

I'm not even talking about scripting, just pure usability. I used them all and a lot of things are just not as fast as in Kontakt.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:40 pm For the rest of use not into scripting Kontakt is... not user friendly. Personally I have done the minimum of work in Kontakt, have to YouTube it every time I do. It is a sample player (I'm one of the annoying, "If it don't sample, it ain't a sampler" brigade) and gets treated as such. Except I would do more editing on even a sample player, it's not exactly conducive to spontaneous creativity. I guess I miss the hardware days on this front (you know, the ones that actually sample).
Is there a soft sampler you like that actually samples? There doesn't seem to be much consensus on this, which leads me to believe that most folks who are into sampling are using what the have in their DAW. I'm also going to guess they are mostly Live, Logic, Cubase, and FL Studio users...maybe Reason, too.

Perhaps too much assumption on my part, but I'm curious about the subject.

ensoniq eps 16+ is still the best sampler

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:40 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:00 am
v1o wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm Almost every other sampler you could think of is easier to use Zampler, EXS, NNXt, Tal Sampler etc etc
Disagreed. NNXT and TAL Sampler are sort of idiosyncratic and in many ways slower to use than Kontakt.
But most people are mere mortals, not Evil Dragon. For the rest of use not into scripting Kontakt is... not user friendly.
I always thought Kontakt is as user friendly as the library you are working with. Unless you mean the basic functionality of Kontakt itself, which is pretty straight forward IMO.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”